Mel Kiper's Draft Projections

crankers

I am SO GLAD the Houston Texans didn't do all that great this year - they need a running back DESPERATELY and I am going to start flooding their GM with emails recommending he pick Ronnie or Caddie!!!!!

That would come close to my dream NFL team - David Carr at QB (**SIGH!!* :wub: ) and one of my :au: guys at RB. Wow. :blink: I'd become the world's biggest Texans fan overnight.

Doesn't surprise me that Brown is listed first, being so versatile. Don't know if Kiper looked at who had picks 1 & 2 and their needs, but if you need a running back, Ronnie brings some bonus talent to the table.

So many commentators commented on his having the "best hands on the team". Don't know if I necessarily agree with that--I'd pick Courtney--but he is good, as we all know.

I love the Texans and that would be great to have Ronnie or Caddy in the backfield.

I look for the Dolphins to select one of them.

I've been saying since the first of the year that Ronnie would be drafted ahead of Carnell. Either one will do well, but Ronnie's body is more of the NFL prototype. Carnell is perceived as a Warrick Dunn type with more power and strength.

I am SO GLAD the Houston Texans didn't do all that great this year - they need a running back DESPERATELY and I am going to start flooding their GM with emails recommending he pick Ronnie or Caddie!!!!!

That would come close to my dream NFL team - David Carr at QB (**SIGH!!* :wub: ) and one of my  :au: guys at RB.  Wow.  :blink:   I'd become the world's biggest Texans fan overnight.

137009[/snapback]

Domanick Davis has been doing a pretty good job as the Texans RB.

David Carr at QB (**SIGH!!* :wub: )

Carr...is this the younger guy with the full beard? You think that's attractive for a younger guy? Or am I talking about some other QB?

i don't expect the dolphins to go for benson. something about drafting a texas running back just wouldn't sit well with the fans i don't think. i expect carnell and ronnie to be taken in the top ten b/c every team in the top eight could use at upgrade at tailback.

and carnell has plenty of size for the league. he's as big as: tiki barber, clinton portis, priest holmes, or even emmit smith. he's bigger than guys like dunn (who had a great year).

is this mel's actual draft order or his top 25 prospects entering the draft?

i question this because there is only 1 quarterback. isn't oklahoma's "heist"man winner a 1st round canidate? what about utah's qb? i would think the 49'ers, who i believe get 1st choice, would take a qb.

That would come close to my dream NFL team - David Carr at QB (**SIGH!!* :wub: ) and one of my  :au: guys at RB.  Wow.   :blink:   I'd become the world's biggest Texans fan overnight.

137009[/snapback]

137016[/snapback]

Davis was way underrated in college, especially as a punt returner.

is this mel's actual draft order or his top 25 prospects entering the draft?

i question this because there is only 1 quarterback.  isn't oklahoma's "heist"man winner a 1st round canidate? what about utah's qb?  i would think the 49'ers, who i believe get 1st choice, would take a qb.

137043[/snapback]

It's the Top 25 players, not in draft order.

That would come close to my dream NFL team - David Carr at QB (**SIGH!!* :wub: ) and one of my  :au: guys at RB.  Wow.   :blink:   I'd become the world's biggest Texans fan overnight.

137009[/snapback]

137016[/snapback]

DD is not worthy of tying Ronnie or Carnell laces.

Get real.......Or, just be an lsWHO :homer: .

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

Davis was way underrated in college, especially as a punt returner.

137048[/snapback]

Y'aint kiddin my friend. :lsu:

Here is a look at the picking order by standings:

1. San Francisco 2-14

2. Miami 4-12

3. Cleveland 4-12

4. Chicago 5-11

5. Tampa Bay 5-11

6. Tennessee 5-11

7. Oakland 5-11

8. Arizona 6-10

9. Washington 6-10

10. Detroit 6-10

11. Dallas 6-10

12. San Diego (from Giants) 6-10

13. Houston 7-9

14. Carolina 7-9

15. Kansas City 7-9

16. New Orleans 8-8

17. Cincinnati 8-8

18. Minnesota* 8-8

19. St. Louis* 8-8

20. Dallas (from Buffalo) 9-7

21. Jacksonville 9-7

22. Baltimore 9-7

23. Seattle* 9-7

24. Green Bay* 10-6

25. Denver* 10-6

26. N.Y. Jets* 10-6

27. Atlanta* 11-5

28. San Diego* 12-4

29. Indianapolis* 12-4

30. Philadelphia* 13-3

31. New England* 14-2

32. Pittsburgh* 15-1

*: Subject to Playoffs

For Tie-Breaker info Click Here

I know Miami will be looking for a RB, what are some of the others looking for in your opinion?

DD is not worthy of tying Ronnie or Carnell laces.

Get real.......Or, just be an lsWHO  :homer: .

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :poke:

137054[/snapback]

I wasn't comparing the three... :no::poke::rolleyes:

:homer:

Good. There is NO comparison. :D

I would think that Carlos Rogers would go before Ronnie or Carnell in the draft. With the season they have had I know that they all will go pretty quick.

Kiper's page hasn't been updated lately. Not since the bowls and not since Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith announced they'd be going pro. I still don't think they'd go ahead of Ronnie or Carnell....But if Leinhart goes pro then San Fran will take him (West Coast) or Miami will trade up for him. Miami won't take another Texas back in my opinion...Saban knows how good Ronnie and Carnell are!

Don't forget about Mike Williams...he's a definite top 5 pick! I think Ronnie would fit well into Gruden's offense in Tampa Bay....his backs catch a lot out of backfield. :au:

1. SF - Mike Williams or Leinhart (Maybe Benson)

2. MIA - Mike Williams or Leinhart (Maybe an AU RB)

3. CLE - Benson if he's there.

4. CHI - Need WR - Mike Williams if he's there.

5. TBAY - Ronnie Brown

6. Tennessee - Carnell Williams and then Jason Campbell in 2nd Round! That would be Ausome!

Don't forget about the free agent RB's that will be available for these teams to sign: Rudi Johnson - CINCY and Shawn Alexander - SEA. I think Miami should sign one of these guys and draft Mike Williams..they'd be loaded then.

:puke::ua:

Jason White isn't near the top of the list for QB's. Campbell is ranked higher than White. Top of the list is Leinhart, Rodgers, Campbell, Walters (ASU) and Smith. I think Orton and Orlovsky (UConn) are somewhere in the mix.

:au:

Archived