Mel Kiper's Draft Projections

crankers

Kiper had Campbell at #2 for QB's. The kid from Akron is #1. Now that Rodgers and Leinhart are possibly coming out they'll move ahead. I think Campbell stays in the top 5 for QB's though...which puts him probably 2nd round. I think Campbell will end up with someone like Baltimore or Tennessee. He could play anywhere since his knowledge of offenses is extensive! :lol:

White is too much of a liability to draft due to his knees. Plus I think he's overrated playing in that "real tough" Big 12 conference! If you disagree then see the bowl results for Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., and A&M!

if i were guessing the draft order for the top of the draft, i'd say san fran is going to all but bribe matt leinart to come out early. they need a qb in the worst way, and he's the only one worth drafting in the top ten. so i'll say lion heart goes one.

miami needs a qb and a rb a ton more than receiver so i'll say they take ronnie (although who knows which back saban likes the best).

clevland has a lot of team needs, and the most talented guy in the draft is mike williams. so i'll guess him. if they could get williams and winslow on the field that'd be a good duo.

chicago is awful too, but they are going to give grossman some protection. i'm guessing they go oline: either barron or the guy from choklahoma.

tampa is pretty set defensively and on the line so i'm guessing they'll take caddilac or benson whoever is left. i hate the bucs so i hope neither of our guys ever plays for gruden.

tennessee like chris brown. i think he sucks, but i very seriously doubt they draft offense at all. they can score. the defense is just awful. i'm guessing they get some help on the dline. maybe dan cody to replace the freak or derrick johnson to impove the linebackers.

oakland is going to go running back. one of the three is going to slip to this spot. i think it'll be caddilac, and i don't think it'll be hard for bay cityers to support a running back from auburn... something about been there done that.

after that you'll see a rush on olinemen and defensive tackles it happens every single year.

the Texans won't draft Caddy or Ronnie - Davis is a great NFL back, as long as he is healthy - which is a big if. He seems to have addressed the fumble issues he had early this year - but frankly Carnell is not the poster child for no-fumbles. Texans are MUCH more likely to pick up Marcus McNeil if he goes pro

Ah, but the Titans get to pick before you!  I want them to grab Ronnie!  We'll swoop in and grab him.  You can have Benson.  :P

137010[/snapback]

While we are listing NFL wish lists, a perfect draft for me would be for the Cardinals to pick up Caddy or Ronnie in the first round and Jason( and maybe even Junior too)later in the draft. Reunite them with Kalos Dansby and I would be the happiest fan in draft. Right now I'm a free agent fan. I had to get out of my contract with the Vikings, too painful. Denny Green and the AZ Cards are my new favorite team. Oh I can see it now JC playaction to RB and goes up top to Larry Fitzgerald. :big:

On a side note. With Reg. Brown, Fred Gibson and Troy Williamson all leaving this year, Courtney"FREAKIN"Taylor is wothout a doubt the best receiver in the :sec: in 2005 :cheer:

Ronnie or Carnell to Miami under Saban?...how tragic.  :no:

137188[/snapback]

Yeah, they might actually get a real trophy.

dlewis, join me as a pack fan! we don't have auburn guys, but we do beat the vikings all the time! and brett's still the best guy to watch in the league. but only come if you don't like defense b/c mike sherman is allergic to it.

and lsuj... that's a ridiculous comment. no coach and single player could save the fins. i mean you could get belichik and manning and that wouldn't get them a trophy. much as i love caddilac, he and saban are nothing more than the second and third steps on the way to .500 ball (jason taylor is the only one currently residing on the roster).

and lsuj... that's a ridiculous comment. no coach and single player could save the fins. i mean you could get belichik and manning and that wouldn't get them a trophy. much as i love caddilac, he and saban are nothing more than the second and third steps on the way to .500 ball (jason taylor is the only one currently residing on the roster).

137301[/snapback]

It's as ridiculous as the comment I quoted. I realize that Saban stepped into a rough situation: BUT HE BE A WINNER!

Maybe Caddy or RB at the Fins... how tragic...

oh i have no problem with them playing there. i think saban is a GREAT coach (a little sad to see him leave really b/c i was excited about the sec have four guys with championship seasons: tubby, saban, fulmer, and spurrier along with some hot young guys like meyer, croom, and richt... that would've given us the best coaches hands down). i just don't think saint nick and caddilac or ronnie are enough to turn that team around. they are good on defense but mentally weak on that side of the ball (look at the D in december last year). they have no qb and a decent at best line. it's a looooooooong job.

Archived