Men vs. New Mexico - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transition for New Mexico, feed to a trailer and Spencer gets a block and a piece of the opponent...NM player landed on his tailbone after grabbing the rim and letting go. He hit HARD.... Foul called on spencer... If he kept the hand out of his back it was clean. Great block and all ball, but other hand in his back....

What an outstanding, clean block by Spencer. Too bad the ref was there to screw it up.

watch the replay and look at spencers other hand....obvious push in the back..

Bowers gets called for a foul on the offensive end and now he gets T'd up...

33-32 Auburn. Auburn not taking care of the ball and has seen the lead evaporate as a result...

Canty with a terrific pass inside to Dunans and he scores and gets fouled. ft good. 36-32.

ball goes over the backboard after a rebound attempt...so its out of bounds and Auburn ball. Brown with a THREE. and a steal and Canty with a layup. 41-33

Chance to be up 10 at the half but missed the FT and whatever that was by Dunas on the defensive end to give up the WIDE open 3 and it's only a 5 point lead. Can't be happy with that...

I have to say that AU is doing much better than I thought they would be doing at this point. It's great to see the energy, and that they were able to shake off the Xavier blow-out.

We have some great BB coaches!

WDE!!

Better overall play today. Officiating hasn't been too great, but besides that, we finished the half solid.

Agreed but AU also has to quit with the cheap fouls, Harris especially. Too much slapping.

The Spencer -> Bowers fouls and tech sequence was atrocious. I know the "hand in the back" but it was inconsequential to the play. Every block made from behind is called a foul 95% of the time, regardless of how clean. And as a shot blocker, it didn't matter how clean or how much space I had between me and the shooter, refs called a foul. Never understood it.

Once again though, AU has let one guy put a hurt on them. He's got 20 of their 36 points. How they don't recognize and attempt to shut opponents' hot hands baffles sometimes.

Am I crazy, or am I seeing many more blocked shots than in previous years? It seems every game I watch, some AU player is going up and slapping the ball away on shots the opposing team takes.

I just wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly.

Archived