Men vs. New Mexico - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrbile shot by Canty, but I wouldn't have it any other way. WOW.

And JUST like Mercer. AU gets a 3, then an oop, and then leave the best shooter WIDE OPEN for a 3. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Harris inbounds to Dunans and he's fouled. 11 seconds to play. double bonus. 1st no good. 2nd good. 82-78. Timeout Auburn. Auburn has one timeout remaining and New Mexico is out of timeouts.

New Mexico steps out of bounds...and its Auburn ball 4.4 seconds to play. Inbounds to Dunans and he's fouled again. 2.7 to play. 1st good. 2nd no good. FINAL. Auburn wins 83.78

One thing this team does well is limit the droughts. They also do pretty good with answering runs with runs of their own. In previous years, teams would get runs and they would be 15-20 points. Now they are 8-10 points and AU is able to respond and answer with 8-10 point runs of their own. AU is also able to play a couple more players so they have more gas in the tank for the finish, which helped them get the win today. Depth goes a long way against these mid-level teams.

I just read through yalls play by play here ... Heck, I'm worn out as if I watched the game!

We had one heck of a good run in the middle of the first half and gave some of it back. NM came out the second half by themselves apparently! Give auburn credit for staying composed and fighting back to win. Seems like dunnans improvement today (compared to last game) was the difference.

If we can get Harris going again then that will help. Sounds like starting spencer may have lit a fire in bowers? All in all ... We get a win, more teachable moments and continuing to improve!

Great and exciting game....but once again, AU scored with about 10 seconds to go....and mostly just stood around celebrating Bower's jam while the opposition rushed down court and got a pretty open shot. Nice that Dunnans was able to hit the FT our possession to keep it a two score game.

Team is fun to see and some really good plays set up by the coach,

I just read through yalls play by play here ... Heck, I'm worn out as if I watched the game!

Let's give credit where it's due. WT takes time out of his life to pass on this to AU fans.

Didn't get to watch the game. Listened to some of the first half. It seems like we are very inconsistent. We have short spurts of excellence mixed in with long spurts of average. Is that what it seems to others? I suppose that is due to so many new players lacking chemistry. It seems as though if we could all the players playing as a cohesive team and everyone playing good at the same time we could be dangerous. That could be a year away though. Anyone think we can get it all pulled together this year?

One thing this team does well is limit the droughts. They also do pretty good with answering runs with runs of their own. In previous years, teams would get runs and they would be 15-20 points. Now they are 8-10 points and AU is able to respond and answer with 8-10 point runs of their own. AU is also able to play a couple more players so they have more gas in the tank for the finish, which helped them get the win today. Depth goes a long way against these mid-level teams.

A mid-level team my ass...........Lobos rule

Didn't get to watch the game. Listened to some of the first half. It seems like we are very inconsistent. We have short spurts of excellence mixed in with long spurts of average. Is that what it seems to others? I suppose that is due to so many new players lacking chemistry. It seems as though if we could all the players playing as a cohesive team and everyone playing good at the same time we could be dangerous. That could be a year away though. Anyone think we can get it all pulled together this year?

Right now we are mostly as good as Canty's shooting. Hoping that a couple other guys get their shooting eye but good effort by everyone and periodic bursts of offense seem to keep us competitive.

A mid-level team my ass...........Lobos rule

Oh they do? My bad.

Archived