Men vs. New Mexico - game thread

WarTiger

One thing this team does well is limit the droughts. They also do pretty good with answering runs with runs of their own. In previous years, teams would get runs and they would be 15-20 points. Now they are 8-10 points and AU is able to respond and answer with 8-10 point runs of their own. AU is also able to play a couple more players so they have more gas in the tank for the finish, which helped them get the win today. Depth goes a long way against these mid-level teams.

A mid-level team my ass...........Lobos rule

Oh they do? My bad.

You didn't know? Lobos and PBR are the shiznit ;D

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to tomorrow, I should actually be able to watch that one.

Watched the NM game and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one!

One thing this team does well is limit the droughts. They also do pretty good with answering runs with runs of their own. In previous years, teams would get runs and they would be 15-20 points. Now they are 8-10 points and AU is able to respond and answer with 8-10 point runs of their own. AU is also able to play a couple more players so they have more gas in the tank for the finish, which helped them get the win today. Depth goes a long way against these mid-level teams.

A mid-level team my ass...........Lobos rule

Oh they do? My bad.

That's better........... going to keep an eye on you Jared

Well I accidentally deleted my own brilliant post - don't remember what it said!

I looked at some of the stats... Looked pretty even on the team stats except for our lower 3 percentage although equal number made and we made a few more buckets. Difference was we slightly won the turnover/steal/blocks categories. That gave us a few extra possessions and scores.

The overall rebounding for both teams was even but low. Surely there were more than the low 30's in rebounding opportunities ...

Harvard won in overtime last night and comes into the game at 4-6. Hopefully we will be ready to play. Yesterdays game was great but it was sure full of runs by each team. I think Auburn had three 7-0 runs and a 10-2 run. New Mexico had several 7-0 runs and a 10-0 run as well. It was a great game. Canty is just ridiculous with how consistent he is when a basket is needed. I have a lot of OMG moments when he drills a three like some of them he made yesterday (and every game this season). Crazy good.

I'll be glad when new's knee is 100% back and Brown's light comes on defensively. They have all the physical attributes needed to be good defenders. Of course length is the greatest attribute we need. I watched Brandon Ingram of duke play and his lateral quickness is average at best but he has a 7'5" wing span and is a monster help defender

Didn't get to see it yesterday, but great win! I saw our RPI is the highest its been since 03 when we made the tourney, so we got that going for us! WDE!

I watched the replay last night and i thought that Bowers played a bit harder coming off the bench and I thought he had a really good game. Hardly any out of control or throw the ball away plays. I also liked seeing Pearl get Waddell in the game more this time. Takes some of the fouls away from the other big guys and he's a really heady player. Not much from him on offense but we have enough weapons this year that we can afford to play a guy with limited scoring ability. I saw some really good things from Spencer both offense and Defense. I like playing him early in the game so that way you get it in the others team's head form the get go that it may be dangerous going in side. But i've really been impressed with Spencer's free throw shooting. He looked awful at the first of the year but looks much better the last couple games. Hope that keeps up. Harris was a non-factor due to foul trouble. I'm intersted to see how he develops underneath. He looks uncomfortable under the rim and that is probably because he was more of a guard his entire time at Providence. If he can develop a few more inside moves and learn to guard under the rim a bit better he'd really help out his pro chances. Canty is a beast...nuf said there

Didn't get to see it yesterday, but great win! I saw our RPI is the highest its been since 03 when we made the tourney, so we got that going for us! WDE!

I noted the RPI as well. We gettin better for sure.

Archived