QB Recruiting

Proud Tiger

I heard today that we may not sign another QB this year but rely on a kid who is a rising star at Hoover/Spain Park High who graduates next year and is being projected as the top prospect in the state. Supposedly he already has offers from Auburn, Louisville and bama. The good news is his Dad is an Auburn grad and his sister is already an Auburn student. Anybody know anything else about this guy?

Rivals already has him going to Bama over USC, OU, Miami, Texas, FSU, UF, UGA, New England, San Francisco and Wofford.

At least that's what I heard a Bama fan saying today.

Yeah, once bammer is out from under probation, you'll see...Auburn will go back to mediocrity and be forced to take whatever recruiting crumbs bammer, UGA and Florida let us have.

That's another bammernut favorite to toss about. :roll:

Ive heard from everyone that he's an Auburn lock. And he is very good.

Titan...those bama catch phrases sound like all you AU guys talking about how the only good recruits that Shula can get are from in state...and that AU doesnt limit themselves to only the state of Alabama...like UA does.

Focusing on one qb is never a good thing. You never know what could happen. That being said, we have a young group as it as, and it's not a big deal that we are not bringing in any more qb's right now.

:au:

The difference is...AUBURN has a qb wearing #12 that can actually PLAY the GAME.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I like #12 but I think Booker is being overlooked. Booker has the talent and probably followed Jason more so then anyone on the team an he might just steal the Spring show.

Caudle is the Spain Park kid. He had a good season.

He hurt a knee against Hoover late in the regular season. Not sure if that needed surgery. He had a very tough time with their pressue.

The kid to get is Jarod Bryant; Hoover QB this year and Mr. Football.

I just hope TT does not place all of his eggs in one basket! We need to sign as many good qb prospects as possible. We certainly do not want to end up like Bama; having to play the equipment boy!

He was offered at the Jr All Star Game by CTT...and he grew up an AU Fan and most of family are AU Alumni....then Bama and L'ville offered a few wks later.....after CTT ???

Bamar picked up Jimmy Johns today...qb, and Mr. football out of Mississippi, a 3 star....

Size is the issue with Bryant as far as AU is concerned. at QB I just like a winner and a good kid. He was their leading rusher his Jr. year at halfback. The kid can play just about any skilled position on the field QB, RB, WR, DB). We need people like him @ Auburn.

I just hope TT does not place all of his eggs in one basket!  We need to sign as many good qb prospects as possible.  We certainly do not want to end up like Bama; having to play the equipment boy!

137807[/snapback]

Yeah...and that Jason Campbell kid never worked out!!! :big:

:au::homer:

JT's point is well taken though. I like the QB's we have and I think the future looks bright at that position. From what I've seen, I think Cox or Booker will get it done. However, in reality, we're one wrong cut on the turf and a hard sack by a 300 lb. D-lineman from having Blake Field as our starter. No knock on Field at all, that's not what I'm saying. But he's 3rd or 4th string for a reason and so was Pennington.

QB is the #1 position on the field and you never can have too many on your roster.

Archived