Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Lull and dull had me convinced of the sincerity. Wasn't much of a puzzle. Rusty plate wasn't far behind...lol

Words do pay the bills.....I just had good biz advice and a mentor in the industry who taught me to diversify and not serve one master.

Lol. I hear ya. My word of advice...If you absolutely have to use the phrase husky ankles...bury it mid sentence ;D

Man, too much good stuff in this thread to keep up with.

^Somehow ended up alone in a rental car driving from Carbondale, CO to Denver one morning armed only with Neil Young's 'Harvest'. Hell of an only bullet to have in the chamber.

Speaking of Hendrix, one of the most tragic aspects of his premature death was that he'd just gotten Band of Gypsies going:

Edit: Hmm, maybe the embedding doesn't work the same way when sharing a video from a playlist. Whatever.

Edited by McLoofus

Man, too much good stuff in this thread to keep up with.

^Somehow ended up alone in a rental car driving from Carbondale, CO to Denver one morning armed only with Neil Young's 'Harvest'. Hell of an only bullet to have in the chamber.

Speaking of Hendrix, one of the most tragic aspects of his premature death was that he'd just gotten Band of Gypsies going:

Edit: Hmm, maybe the embedding doesn't work the same way when sharing a video from a playlist. Whatever.

:punk:

Loof, when you link the vid on your message body, remove the S at the end of https://....

before you post the message..

Yeah, I did that with my first edit, didn't work out. I'll tinker when I have time.

Hard to choose from all her songs but I really like this one from Linda Ronstadt.

before my time but i like her voice and she was very pretty.

Tupac, bun b, outcast, 112, jodeci, old kanye, dru hill, Jackson 5, drake, lil Wayne, nwa, Eminem, Brian McKnight, nas, new edition, boyz 2 men, shai, Jon b, Michael Jackson, goodie mob, gym class heroes, future, maroon 5 and many others.

Oh I'm very good friends with the mother of one of the guys in the Alabama shakes group. I like them too

My mom is friends with Brittany, kinda.

Cole, do you like JayZ? i grew out of rap in the 90s and grew out of metal or at least (hair bands) before that. I do like these guys though. they did some cross over with JayZ i really liked. can't even find the cds anymore.

Alex, Linda Ronstadt could sing anything and be great at it. She could tear your heart out with a ballad or rock with the best of them. She's got Parkinsons now so she had to stop singing. She has had a magnificent career though.

Alex, Linda Ronstadt could sing anything and be great at it. She could tear your heart out with a ballad or rock with the best of them. She's got Parkinsons now so she had to stop singing. She has had a magnificent career though.

i never thought much about her until that Eagles documentary. i didn't know that is how they started.

Very short but literally historically important in music....The kindergarten years....The people who played this club, it was almost a good luck charm, so many went on to great success...

:hellyeah: Linda was great but the best at that time imo was

Nothing wrong with vinyl either, Shocks......big deal around here....We have a lot of record stores that ARE record stores.....Plus a lot of people are pressing these days.....Third Man presses everything it releases...

AND.....Technically, Linda may have had the better pipes. Stevie was no slouch in the day, but Linda can't come close to the it factor or the cool factor......I freely admit to bias....lol

Nothing wrong with vinyl either, Shocks......big deal around here....We have a lot of record stores that ARE record stores.....Plus a lot of people are pressing these days.....Third Man presses everything it releases...

AND.....Technically, Linda may have had the better pipes. Stevie was no slouch in the day, but Linda can't come close to the it factor or the cool factor......I freely admit to bias....lol

I love vinyl. Sounds better and it's so much fun flipping through the records and hoping to find a gem or two. It's like a scavenger hunt. Each used record has a story too, much more than downloading an MP3.

Been collecting for about a year. Have an Audio Technica AT 120, Sony receiver, and two vintage Polk 3 ft. speakers.

My collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/icculus1284/collection