Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Don't listen to TVZ for his vocal ability...there is a certain eloquence in the life self-imposed and lived, though, when expressed vocally. Listen for his mastery of a pencil....He hated the production of this, strings and too much fluff in his opinion......This was ( way over-)produced, at one time by Cowboy Jack Clements who thought he had a handle on the "Nashville formula"...

As compared to Jack's work, would've been better off published as poetry. Much better with just an acoustic accompaniment, imo....

Thought this was pretty cool. I guess it qualifies as an instrument, seeing as he's actually playing the bass on it even though the marbles do all of the plucking.

Well that's depressing. Pretty much sums up my feelings about North Dakota nicely haha...or Northern Wyoming where I lived briefly. It's that depressing up in those parts in winter. I've never thought for one second in the last 23 years...man I'd sure like to go to back there!

Yeah, he doesn't write for Sesame Street / Dr. Seuss....lol

Beautiful country, nice place to visit, don't want to live there. I've worked there more than a few times. In/out in a matter of a couple of days though....I like it a little further west than that......Wyoming and Montana are beautiful....like western Canada, too....

Music covers all emotions.....the depressing too....All stories get told..

Yeah, he doesn't write for Sesame Street / Dr. Seuss....lol

Beautiful country, nice place to visit, don't want to live there. I've worked there more than a few times. In/out in a matter of a couple of days though....I like it a little further west than that......Wyoming and Montana are beautiful....like western Canada, too....

Music covers all emotions.....the depressing too....All stories get told..

Yep. I have no problem with sad songs. I listen to plenty of them. That was one of the more depressing ones though.

Wyoming is ok to visit for a few days...in spring summer or fall....or to go skiing at Jackson Hole. Far Northern Wyoming in the valley, awful freaking winter. We had many many days of wind chills near 40 below zero. It's also basically a desert...hence the wind. The only vegetation taller than 4' was shipped in and planted. The only thing I hate more than miserable cold is cold wind and it was constant. North Dakota, outside the mountainous areas is quite the same. So I suppose with a little backstory as to how awful those winters are, his depressing song makes sense. Especially when he says he wasn't sure if she'd make it to spring. I knew exactly what he meant.

Yep, looks like Sturgill's new record is going to be a good one....Little rock edge to this one....combined with his trad voice, I like it.

Edited by telling tiger

I'm still working on rhyming, "husky ankles'...

Don't saddle me with other people's problems...

Crackle, shackle, hackle...........tackle, spackle....

Less than a dozen, sound alike or real rhymes and it's a problem......and a particular.....

Less than a dozen, sound alike or real rhymes and it's a problem......and a particular.....

The word Crackle© is already copyrighted.

The word Crackle© is already copyrighted.

And this would have worked better if this site would recognize the copyright symbol. Haha