Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Can never have enough of Paul Simon(and Garfunkle). S&G live in Central Park is one of the best live albums I have.

And Dire Straits.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Depends on your musical taste of course but, Dropkick Murphy's are at Marathon Music tonight.....

I do like them, but wasn't in that kind of mood last night.

He lives in my hood

No kidding? Very cool. Was surprised that he wasn't more rock star-ish. Just hung out on the concourse waiting to board, no sunglasses or anything else to shield himself from the public. Just looking around, watching folks walk by. Even more surprising, nobody bugged him at all. I imagine folks know how to act in Nashville, but I was surprised in ATL. "We" are used to rap stars and getting used to movie stars, but Jack White, as you said, is a monster.

Saw him at the Fox when he was touring with the all girl band and the all dude band. I'm not sure that it was the best concert of my life, but I don't remember one better. And I've seen some good ones.

Shocks has late night beer parties here and doesn't invite us....You're way ahead of the game....

LOL. I ended up having dinner at Butchertown Hall (awesome) and then heading back to the hotel after nothing really grabbed me when I drove through East Nashville.

Thanks for the subsequent video posts, and you'll never scare me off with Appalachian music. I used to be an annual attendee at Merlefest, and I intend to resume that practice once the little girl is old enough. Way too many moments to count, but this was one of them:

Edit: Hmm, it would seem I've forgotten how to do something very simple.

Edited by McLoofus

Jack is eccentric and creative as hell....nothing but down to earth and that is a busy airport for known faces.......A whole lot of names you'd know, live close to Jack.....it is close enough to town, within reason, still fairly secluded and in the small biz area, people are used to seeing those people as just people......doing everyday things, with their kids and sig others....at a local small restaurant and bar that has writers rounds almost nightly, you can see a stage that may have 4 people sitting on it, with 30-50 million records sold, dating from 15-20 years ago to present and might know 2 of the names...

There is some serious writing power around here..

Edited by telling tiger

Like that song.....Foundation.

Never heard these guys before. Nice stuff there. Kind of a southern jam rock mixed with a little country. Almost like the Black Crowes singing Grateful Dead. Very cool.

That is good too......damn good....

Music City Roots has moved to a new place in downtown Franklin, called the Factory....Damn near soundstage or studio quality now...Some good things roll through there...

The Factory isn't new, but the rehabbed space is new to MCR.....a whole lot of stuff in the complex called the Factory...restaurants, art galleries, bars, a summer farmers market, offices, antiques.....all sorts of stuff.

Edited by telling tiger