Men vs. Georgia - Game thread

WarTiger

Bruce should go nowhere. AU basketball wasn't even interesting in the years prior to his arrival. People are excited about a bad program. The dude could sell ice to an Eskimo, give him time and we will be fine. Heck we are competitive for the most part and we are very short handed.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he is not the guy recruiting the players and coaching the team.? So who do we put it on...'cause this looks a lot like the. pre_Bruce years to me.

You've no clue what kind of uphill climb Bruce faces to build a winner at Auburn. We aren't going to magically gain depth in year two given how screwy things were when we hired him, and the ridiculous number of injuries and eligibility issues only compound things.

I think year 4 is when we can start to even think about making any post-season appearance. He needs to get an entire roster of his recruiting in the program without having to rely on juco and transfer band-aids. After seeing where he took Tennessee I know he can take Auburn to the same heights and am more than willing to wait for it because, as its been said before, if he can't do it there probably isn't anyone on the planet that can do it here.

If we let go of Bruce there is a 100% chance we downgrade at HC. And he is ignoring attitude/behavioral issues when evaluating players because thats just how deep this hole that AU bball had become and we need anybody with skills that we can get. The injuries obviously hurt too. He needs more time this is just the start of the journey to becoming an NCAA tourney team.

Looking like a much longer road than any of us could have imagined.

I remember seeing predictions from anywhere from an NCAA bid to NIT.

Reality SUCKS!

Well, with a full squad that was a high possibility. Nobody can predict injuries. We've lost 2 key players with Shamsid-Deen and Dunans. Don't think 2 players makes much difference, go look at the games the first year Chris Porter was at Auburn. Those 2 players not being available, takes away scoring and depth.

It's also not Pearls fault the ACT is dragging their feet about making a decision on Purifoy.

Pearl gets a definite pass for this year considering all of that.

frank martin, at south carolina, is a damn fine coach, and is in his 4th year at USCe....it took him 4 years to build up a good program, and it was in better shape when he took over than AU was when pearl took over, much better shape.....its going to take pearl 4 full years to get AU to the NCAA....be patient....AU64, you want to gripe about a coach, you got the wrong coach to bitch about.....

Might be the most positive post you've ever made.

frank martin, at south carolina, is a damn fine coach, and is in his 4th year at USCe....it took him 4 years to build up a good program, and it was in better shape when he took over than AU was when pearl took over, much better shape.....its going to take pearl 4 full years to get AU to the NCAA....be patient....AU64, you want to gripe about a coach, you got the wrong coach to bitch about.....

Be nice if he'd apply the same logic to football and Gus.

Be nice if he'd apply the same logic to football and Gus.

post-68393-jake-gyllenhaal-I-agree-yes-gi-iBP2.gif

If we let go of Bruce there is a 100% chance we downgrade at HC. And he is ignoring attitude/behavioral issues when evaluating players because thats just how deep this hole that AU bball had become and we need anybody with skills that we can get. The injuries obviously hurt too. He needs more time this is just the start of the journey to becoming an NCAA tourney team.

Bingo

Ton of key injuries and a couple of talented players with attitude problems.

Some of the attitude problems could have been caused by the injuries. When you play out of position and are asked to do things that don't fit your skill set and you still loose you can become depressed and then say things that you shouldn't. I don't know what happened with Canty other then it was he exploded and got into it with the coaching staff. Hopefully that is all it was and he will get it back together.

Ton of key injuries and a couple of talented players with attitude problems.

Some of the attitude problems could have been caused by the injuries. When you play out of position and are asked to do things that don't fit your skill set and you still loose you can become depressed and then say things that you shouldn't. I don't know what happened with Canty other then it was he exploded and got into it with the coaching staff. Hopefully that is all it was and he will get it back together.

I'm not buying that explanation. I know times have changed but on the other hand, I pretty sure that Keim and those other walk-ons would not be questioning where they were playing or what their role was supposed to be. Their view would be... "just put me in coach and I'll do my best".

I know there is a big sense of entitlement that comes with getting a scholarship for many guys but this kind of stuff is hard to take.

What seems to be the biggest problem Bruce is having? Have that fact that he could not coach for a few years really hurt him and caused him to lose his touch?

What seems to be the biggest problem Bruce is having? Have that fact that he could not coach for a few years really hurt him and caused him to lose his touch?

Ain't nothing wrong with Bruce.

Ain't nothing wrong with Bruce.

Couldn't agree more. Look what our team did during SEC Tourney last year. That was coaching smoke and mirrors. Bruce can coach he proved that last year. He is showing he can recruit. This year we had bad luck with injuries and Canty had an attitude issue. We have a good class coming in next year and some good players returning. However we are loosing some key pieces also. Next year we need players to be healthy and it would be great if Reed and Purifoy can play next year. If Reed and Purifoy play next year I expect major improvement if not then Pearl is going to have to really coach his butt off to compensate for lack of size again and having so many new players.

Either way I am seeing light at end of tunnel despite this late season meltdown.

Archived