So now that Southern Miss has pulled out

PChamp119

Tell 'em Moe. Not to mention the obvious site to look at 1st: www.auburntigers.com

moe and SLAG-91

so you guys are the e-dorks who troll this place and act big and bad. Good for you guys. I spend my time more wisely with my life. In the future, if I have any question regarding AU football I'll be sure to come here and post a request of information instead of looking it up myself. I also apologize for not being such an AU football dork, again, I have much better things in my life to do than sit around waiting for new AU football info to come out.

139361[/snapback]

Then why bother caring about what goes on in AU football. Get off the board then!!!! Don't come on here bumping gums about having better things to do. This is an AU football board. I can promise you, you will not be given any requested links from me!!!

Why doesnt AU try and pick up Troy State or something. Im sure they would love to play at AU. It would give them a big time game and a good pay out. If they were going to look at 1-AA schools, why not Georgia Southern. They are a very good team, im sure AU would man handle them though. But it would be better for you guys to play them instead of JSU. Jacksonville State isnt all that great.

I have no problem playing Troy and would love to see that game scheduled. It would create a ton of fan interest and buzz in the state. There's always the perception that we'd manhandle them but the fact is, Troy plays everyone tough and will slip up and beat a good team from time to time. Also, Troy was a bowl team this year so it couldn't really hurt our strength of schedule.

And Creamdork, don't jump in trying to ruin a good discussion.

Although playing jax state would do more for our Strength Of Schedule, I would still like to play uat twice ! ! ! :D

Although playing jax state would do more for our Strength Of Schedule, I would still like to play uat twice ! ! ! :D

139795[/snapback]

Leave it to Wartim to say that....... :) Thats ok.

I have no problem playing Troy and would love to see that game scheduled.  It would create a ton of fan interest and buzz in the state.  There's always the perception that we'd manhandle them but the fact is, Troy plays everyone tough and will slip up and beat a good team from time to time.  Also, Troy was a bowl team this year so it couldn't really hurt our strength of schedule.

And Creamdork, don't jump in trying to ruin a good discussion.

139791[/snapback]

Looking at what happened to AU this season. I dont see why they wouldnt at least try and get a D 1-A school. Maybe not Troy, like you said they always seem to upset someone. But maybe USF, or Middle Tenn State.

139795[/snapback]

Leave it to Wartim to say that....... :) Thats ok.

139830[/snapback]

While I am glad that you understand and are able to comprehend my post, I was not seeking your approval. :rolleyes::roflol::roflol::poke:

Looking at what happened to AU this season. I dont see why they wouldnt at least try and get a D 1-A school. Maybe not Troy, like you said they always seem to upset someone. But maybe USF, or Middle Tenn State.

139831[/snapback]

Of course they are going to try and get a D1 opponent. However, these schedules are set years in advance, and we're going to have to take who's available. Finding another D1 school who needs a game and has that same day off is going to be pretty hard to find at this point.

Maybe Bowling Green will do us a favor and come play us this year. They don't have anything yet scheduled for 9/24 and they owe us from last year. b*****ds.

Archived