PayPal bails on North Carolina

RunInRed

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Guest NC1406

It is ironic that the City of Charlotte passed an ordinance that supported the right to pee where ever you wanted.  Then the State of NC legislature passed the HB2 law to override the Charlotte act.  Now the NBA pulls the game to punish Charlotte. 

4 hours ago, NC1406 said:

It is ironic that the City of Charlotte passed an ordinance that supported the right to pee where ever you wanted.  Then the State of NC legislature passed the HB2 law to override the Charlotte act.  Now the NBA pulls the game to punish Charlotte. 

That is ironic.

• 1 month later...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/09/12/ncaa-to-move-2016-17-championship-events-out-of-north-carolina/

How long will North Carolina continue this clown show? They are hurting nobody but their own people. What happens when college football teams decide not to play against NC's resurgent football team in NC thanks to these laws? Or when a high profile basketball team decides to not play North Carolina? Be sure to note that Albany declined to play Duke for this very reason. 

Finally, maybe Duke can be forced to take motorized transportation to their first round games

Just highlighting the North Carolina Republican Party response: 

“This is so absurd it’s almost comical,” North Carolina Republican Party spokesperson Kami Mueller said in a statement Monday. “I genuinely look forward to the NCAA merging all men’s and women’s teams together as singular, unified, unisex teams. Under the NCAA’s logic, colleges should make cheerleaders and football players share bathrooms, showers and hotel rooms. This decision is an assault to female athletes across the nation. If you are unwilling to have women’s bathrooms and locker rooms, how do you have a women’s team?

“I wish the NCAA was this concerned about the women who were raped at Baylor,” Mueller continued. “Perhaps the NCAA should stop with their political peacocking — and instead focus their energies on making sure our nation’s collegiate athletes are safe, both on and off the field.”

Keep it up North Carolina. Bentley says he owes y'all one!

4 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Finally, maybe Duke can be forced to take motorized transportation to their first round games

Yep. It's unreal the advantage they had. What is also unreal is that 7 total championship events are being moved from the state and the party is still not willing to budge

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. It's unreal the advantage they had. What is also unreal is that 7 total championship events are being moved from the state and the party is still not willing to budge

If Ms. Mueller above is any indication, they're not real good at the whole PR thing.

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

If Ms. Mueller above is any indication, they're not real good at the whole PR thing.

I'm curious to see how far North Carolina is willing to push the issue. Major corporations that impact North Carolina's economy seem willing to flex their muscles even more if they have to, and it's inevitable North Carolina will eventually lose. If there is anybody that is becoming a martyr between Kaepernick and North Carolina, it's North Carolina because Kaepernick hasn't lost a dime and won't.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm curious to see how far North Carolina is willing to push the issue. Major corporations that impact North Carolina's economy seem willing to flex their muscles even more if they have to, and it's inevitable North Carolina will eventually lose. If there is anybody that is becoming a martyr between Kaepernick and North Carolina, it's North Carolina because Kaepernick hasn't lost a dime and won't.

Never underestimate the stubbornness of a bunch of moralizing morons. They'll keep this up until the people of NC wise up and chuck them out of office. 

On 9/12/2016 at 11:57 PM, Bigbens42 said:

Never underestimate the stubbornness of a bunch of moralizing morons. They'll keep this up until the people of NC wise up and chuck them out of office. 

The current governor is trailing in most polls......he might be kicked out this election.  Overall he has done a really good job.  The issue in this thread is not part of my description of a good job.......should have never been a government issue.  Wish the City of Charlotte had never started the process and the state legislature had not responded with more idiocy.  

Not a fan of college BB so I really don't care that the games were moved but I promise many in this state will.

23 minutes ago, NC1406 said:

The current governor is trailing in most polls......he might be kicked out this election.  Overall he has done a really good job.  The issue in this thread is not part of my description of a good job.......should have never been a government issue.  Wish the City of Charlotte had never started the process and the state legislature had not responded with more idiocy.  

Not a fan of college BB so I really don't care that the games were moved but I promise many in this state will.

It's cost your state hundreds of millions of dollars economically and that will only get worse as time goes on. The market has spoken. Time to walk it back.

48 minutes ago, NC1406 said:

More than basketball now.  The ACC just pulled this year's championship game for football out of Charlotte.

3 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

It's cost your state hundreds of millions of dollars economically and that will only get worse as time goes on. The market has spoken. Time to walk it back.

The market takes time to speak.  We will see.  

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

More than basketball now.  The ACC just pulled this year's championship game for football out of Charlotte.

Again they pulled it from the city that started this process by enacting a local law that was not required or needed.  Then a state government (based in Raleigh) responded to a local action in an insane way.  Honestly, Charlotte is the second to last place that needed to enact this piece of legislation in the state of NC.  If people want to protect the transgender then head on over to Eastern NC or even the parts of Western NC that aren't Asheville and put out some laws......that would be awesome to watch.  If anyone wants to go to Eastern NC to start this process, let me know.  I have some great ideas of where you should start.  I will stand back and watch.

It is all politics. 

1 hour ago, NC1406 said:

The market takes time to speak.  We will see.  

Already lost 9 figures and market estimates suggest a further cost of 5 billion a year in lost revenue and enforcement costs. We're well past the clarion call here. Repeal this dumbassery. 

27 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Already lost 9 figures and market estimates suggest a further cost of 5 billion a year in lost revenue and enforcement costs. We're well past the clarion call here. Repeal this dumbassery. 

Estimates. My NC business is up. ??

BTW  I suspect those are gross figures before expenses  I will not miss ANY revenue due to these cancelations :)  gotta choose your markets carefully  

Enforcement costs of a non issue is freaking hilarious and sums up the whole debacle we are discussing. Or at least my attempt. 

12 minutes ago, NC1406 said:

Estimates. My NC business is up. ??

BTW  I suspect those are gross figures before expenses  I will not miss ANY revenue due to these cancelations :)  gotta choose your markets carefully  

Enforcement costs of a non issue is freaking hilarious and sums up the whole debacle we are discussing. Or at least my attempt. 

At some point, those supporting this idiocy have to realize that no matter what they think, it is having a massive negative impact on the state. The gov can sue the Federal government, but they can't sue the companies that pull out jobs, the musicians that won't perform, the NBA and NCAA that won't hold tournaments here, the conventions that won't come, etc. You really can't dismiss studies like this - they're real.

There are things much more important than $$, such as morality, decency, common sense and the safety of your wives, daughters and granddaughters.

"Woe to them that call evil good and good evil" which is exactly what this is all about.

RE: SEC's participation in the Belk Bowl ... 

14 hours ago, PUB78 said:

There are things much more important than $$, such as morality, decency, common sense and the safety of your wives, daughters and granddaughters.

"Woe to them that call evil good and good evil" which is exactly what this is all about.

Yeah, cause those transgender folks are such a threat to my daughters. :glare:

The law doesn't serve that purpose. Based on statistics, child molesters overwhelmingly choose people they know as their victims, not strangers. They choose private instead of public places. Plus most sex offenders are male and their victims are male, so they are still going into the same restroom. Finally, does anyone really think that someone who breaks one law (child molestation) is going to obey another (which restroom to use)?

Further, far more priests and other folks in positions of religious authority, Protestant and Catholic, are sex offenders than trans people yet no one has ever suggested a law to ban them from public restrooms. 

Archived