PayPal bails on North Carolina

RunInRed

i have not commented much on this subject. I see the problem people have with a man freely using the womens facilities for perverted reasons. This is not something i ever thought about until this story surfaced. I don't have a hate or phobia of transgenders. Hell, i don't even fully understand the definition of "transgender" especially how it pertains to sexuality. It obviously covers multiple scenarios. As a parent i do worry about my children as we all do. Not overboard just semi-cautious. i worry much more about a "normal" teacher, janitor, coach, preacher, youth minister, even their friends parents than i do them being violated in a public restroom by a "freak" (for lack of a better term). If this was a big problem i would be all for inconveniencing 0.005 percent of the population for children's safety. I suspect this is not about children's safety as it is about making a statement or a "moral" stance. i have seen some good discussion here from both sides and agreed with posts on both sides. But i was driving along a stretch of fairly busy county road today Not maybe 2.5 miles from my home. Not a subdivision but nice homes on say 2-5 acre lots. The road not extremely busy but you wouldn't let kids ride bikes on it. One yard,very manicured about 150-200feet of road front had 4 signs made and placed along the ditch. Approximately 18 inches square each sign reads "Do not throw trash on this property". I am sure someone flings a beer can or gatorade bottle in the yard every now and then, but those damn signs look worse and were much more costly and time consuming than to just pick up a can once or twice a week. On top of that I can assure you it wont help the situation. If i was going to litter on that stretch of road (at night anyway) that is the yard i would pick. It just seemed like a good analogy to me relating to this bathroom law. I am not against it but think it is ugly and useless.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it strange to so confidently proclaim a preference for not sharing facilities with the opposite sex where a person will be in various states of undress as either bigotry or being sexually repressed/uptight. The notion that modesty and privacy are somehow just a relic of Victorian prudishness strikes me as rather presumptuous and arrogant.

When's the last time you walked in a public restroom and saw people in "various states of undress"?

This might be an awesome comeback had it not been made clear multiple times on this thread that restrooms aren't the only consideration.

This might work out all right for me...

People likely won't be questioned so I'll be free to use a bathroom not so covered in dip spit and urine.

That is until bad aimers and dippers get the idea to also use the womens bathrooms :/

Go figure.....

Donald Trump Thinks North Carolina Got It Wrong On Anti-LGBT Bathroom Bill

He called out one of the biggest myths behind the bill.

http://www.huffingto...4b0c9244a7aec8c

Normally, I would say blind squirrel, nut, that whole thing, but in this case I think this is a calculated political move to start waking his rhetoric more toward the middle.

Go figure.....

Normally, I would say blind squirrel, nut, that whole thing, but in this case I think this is a calculated political move to start waking his rhetoric more toward the middle.

Could be. But I wonder if personal experience may play a role. Maybe he knows Jenner pretty well (for example).

Anyway, he is taking an obvious, common sense approach. No problem needs no fix.

The people who support this legislation act like transexualism began sometime in the last couple of years.

http://www.westernjo...diate-backlash/

Target is back in the limelight and has declared that any man that identifies as a woman can use the women's room.

Because "feelings."

Yeah it's quite sad. There are ways to keep the transgendered from feeling embarrassed or attacked in the bathrooms without doing this..

Watch the video. I feel like this is where we are headed. Becoming robots that has to accept everything just because of feelings.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinion/watch-college-students-answers-on-gender-and-age-identity-show-just-how-los

Go figure.....

Could be. But I wonder if personal experience may play a role. Maybe he knows Jenner pretty well (for example).

Anyway, he is taking an obvious, common sense approach. No problem needs no fix.

The people who support this legislation act like transexualism began sometime in the last couple of years.

This came out on Thursday and I think it proves my point. This is all about shift. His staff calls it his "private persona" but I see it as the beginnings of the general election shift.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/manafort-tells-rnc-trump-has-different-private-persona-n560186

i have not commented much on this subject. I see the problem people have with a man freely using the womens facilities for perverted reasons. This is not something i ever thought about until this story surfaced. I don't have a hate or phobia of transgenders. Hell, i don't even fully understand the definition of "transgender" especially how it pertains to sexuality. It obviously covers multiple scenarios. As a parent i do worry about my children as we all do. Not overboard just semi-cautious. i worry much more about a "normal" teacher, janitor, coach, preacher, youth minister, even their friends parents than i do them being violated in a public restroom by a "freak" (for lack of a better term). If this was a big problem i would be all for inconveniencing 0.005 percent of the population for children's safety. I suspect this is not about children's safety as it is about making a statement or a "moral" stance. i have seen some good discussion here from both sides and agreed with posts on both sides. But i was driving along a stretch of fairly busy county road today Not maybe 2.5 miles from my home. Not a subdivision but nice homes on say 2-5 acre lots. The road not extremely busy but you wouldn't let kids ride bikes on it. One yard,very manicured about 150-200feet of road front had 4 signs made and placed along the ditch. Approximately 18 inches square each sign reads "Do not throw trash on this property". I am sure someone flings a beer can or gatorade bottle in the yard every now and then, but those damn signs look worse and were much more costly and time consuming than to just pick up a can once or twice a week. On top of that I can assure you it wont help the situation. If i was going to litter on that stretch of road (at night anyway) that is the yard i would pick. It just seemed like a good analogy to me relating to this bathroom law. I am not against it but think it is ugly and useless.

Yeah, I think you nailed it. The sign just gives someone a target to aim for. I don't understand why we have politicians focusing on this s*** instead of just focusing on jobs and infrastructure, exploding debt and protecting the people.

Serious question, because there has been a lot of talk about how do you know who's trans and who's pretending to be, from supporters of the bill.

If you are a trans woman, do you have to dress like a woman to make that claim? In other words, couldn't a man, who looks and dresses like a man, now go into a woman's restroom with protection? Like many have said, trans people have been using our restrooms for years. Except, I haven't noticed because the trans men probably have just looked like men. I'm not concerned about trans men using my restroom. My understanding was that a man, not even attempting to pretend to be a woman, can now use the women's facilities any time, so long as he says he is a woman. I could, for instance go into the women's room if I pleased, looking like I normally do, so long as I can say "I feel like a woman." Is that accurate? Serious question.

Serious question, because there has been a lot of talk about how do you know who's trans and who's pretending to be, from supporters of the bill.

If you are a trans woman, do you have to dress like a woman to make that claim? In other words, couldn't a man, who looks and dresses like a man, now go into a woman's restroom with protection? Like many have said, trans people have been using our restrooms for years. Except, I haven't noticed because the trans men probably have just looked like men. I'm not concerned about trans men using my restroom. My understanding was that a man, not even attempting to pretend to be a woman, can now use the women's facilities any time, so long as he says he is a woman. I could, for instance go into the women's room if I pleased, looking like I normally do, so long as I can say "I feel like a woman." Is that accurate? Serious question.

Well, obviously at some point a transgender person hasn't yet tried to assume their "innate" sexuality, but it's hard to imagine a transexual woman would not have already done so if she is prepared to use the women's restroom.

I find it extremely ironic that the support for this sort of legislation is coming from the same people who decry a "big brother" government intruding into our lives.

Reminds me of the hypocrisy of the "states rights" claims by the slave supporters after the civil war. They were perfectly fine with the federal government as long as federal laws supporting slavery superseded a state's right to abolish it.

Well, obviously at some point a transgender person hasn't yet tried to assume their "innate" sexuality, but it's hard to imagine a transexual woman would not have already done so if she is prepared to use the women's restroom.

That's not what I'm talking about. I' make talking about men being able to go into women's restrooms, without having to look like a woman in any way, shape or form. If Billy Bob wants to go hang out with some girls in the locker room, he can do that. He doesn't have to dress up. He can just go in and do it. If approached, he just needs to say "I feel like a woman" and he is protected?

That's not what I'm talking about. I' make talking about men being able to go into women's restrooms, without having to look like a woman in any way, shape or form. If Billy Bob wants to go hang out with some girls in the locker room, he can do that. He doesn't have to dress up. He can just go in and do it. If approached, he just needs to say "I feel like a woman" and he is protected?

Well, I would say that if he looks like a man that's evidence enough he's not a transgender woman.

Well, I would say that if he looks like a man that's evidence enough he's not a transgender woman.

Yeah, but does he feel like a woman?

Fear and ignorance are "feelings" also

Nof really but okay....

Well, how about fear based on ignorance?

Works for me.

Is it though? Honestly, if people make these determinations based upon their feelings, how can you argue that just because they don't look a certain way, that they don't feel a certain way.

Bruce Jenner says that he has felt like a woman for years, yet you would never know by the way he used to appear. Is he wrong?

Archived