FL Residents - Auburn License Plate

bootskii

This Pensacola resident has signed up. War eagle!

So should I hit Twin Peaks or go to Hooters on the beach?

i go to school in Pensacola, I know a solid 75% of the twin peak girls from high school. I'd steer clear of I were you. Stay downtown and on the beach. And check out five sisters and grovers

I'm no stranger to Pcola. But hey you should come over to Peaks and introduce me to some of the girls.

Heading downtown later. Going to start at Blend then who knows,

Solid plan, and the least he could do is introduce ya to the gals. :)

Hope you get then numbers....took far less signatures in North Carolina a few years ago and it's fun to run across those AU tags when cruising around the state.

Not long ago I was driving behind a car with the AU tag, decided to follow and see where he was going...I live in a real small town. He stopped a the local IGA and i followed....when he opened the door I gave him a big War Eagle ....and got one in return....plus a couple minutes about his days in Auburn back in Shug's day. There are more of us out there than most people realize.

This was way before I moved to Florida but my memory banks recall that many years ago Auburn and Alabama vanity plates were available in Florida. But a UF grad got the required signatures to create a UF vanity plate in Alabama and the state of Alabama denied the request. Alabama declared it would only sell vanity tags for in-state schools. In retaliation the state of Florida stopped selling AU and UAT tags.

That site went live some time last Friday (20th). I signed up immediately and was #16. We have really make a statement with getting more than 50% of the required signatures in less than a week. As I type this, we have 2570 signatures of the 4,000 required to get this to legislation. At the rate its climbing, we may have the required numbers by the end of next week. I've shared it on my facebook page and our pensacola Auburn club facebook page to get it more exposure as well as our Auburn club website. We've been wanting this for a very long time.

Done! I just got my FL VietNam Vet plates on two rides in Jan. Can't give them up, but I have two more registered, so they'll sport new plates when this passes. I'll make a statement in Panama City! We are not very thick on the ground down here.

Done, thanks for posting this opportunity! Though in Tallahassee it's an almost guaranteed keyed car, I will do my part.

Not a FL resident, but shared via social media with my Auburn friends who are.

Done. As a Niceville resident, can't wait to see Eli light it up next year!

Wait, Talon you are a Niceville resident? So am I. Look forward to seeing Eli also. Can you PM me for contact? JJ

We've gotten 3,000 commitments for this in A WEEK. The state of Florida really didn't believe we would do this. Just in case you didn't know, the 4,000 number isn't the number "required". As I understand it the number required is only 1,000. They set it at 4,000 to show the state how many of us have wanted this for so long. They knew we wouldn't have any problems getting to this number.

We've gotten 3,000 commitments for this in A WEEK. The state of Florida really didn't believe we would do this. Just in case you didn't know, the 4,000 number isn't the number "required". As I understand it the number required is only 1,000. They set it at 4,000 to show the state how many of us have wanted this for so long. They knew we wouldn't have any problems getting to this number.

You are correct

Glad to see the campaign doing well...considering the number it's apparent to me at least, that they were trying to discourage the vanity tag....Several years ago we got them in NC with about 300 names and it went pretty quick thanks to the Charlotte alum group. I pay ( I think) an extra $50 per year even though my tag is 3 years old with only a little tag added each year. Proud to show off my AU on the tag.

Glad to see the campaign doing well...considering the number it's apparent to me at least, that they were trying to discourage the vanity tag....Several years ago we got them in NC with about 300 names and it went pretty quick thanks to the Charlotte alum group. I pay ( I think) an extra $50 per year even though my tag is 3 years old with only a little tag added each year. Proud to show off my AU on the tag.

Why do the campaign at all if that's the case. That just doesn't make any sense. Two Auburn alum started this campaign. Why would they discourage their own cause?

Why do the campaign at all if that's the case. That just doesn't make any sense. Two Auburn alum started this campaign. Why would they discourage their own cause?

I was primarily thinking of the number of signatures needed . It sounds excessive . Most states have all kinds of vanity plates and I guarantee you people carrying them did not have to raise a huge petition in order to get the plates established.

Auburn people started one in the state of North Carolina also but they were able to negotiate a more reasonable number of signatures in order to get the plates made available.

But, it looks like these Auburn alumni base is doing well so there is apparently no reason to complain if everyone is happy.

Florida has a JSU license plate?

LOL I thought you were a recruiting expert! :P

Florida has a JSU license plate?

LOL I thought you were a recruiting expert! :P

He must be confusing JSU for JU

I think he's meaning that the State of Florida is trying to discourage the AU tags, thus the high number of signatures required.

I know a bit about what when on during the legislative meetings re this petition and lets just say there are some Gator & Nole elected officials in this state that are severely butt hurt when it comes to Auburn.

I think he's meaning that the State of Florida is trying to discourage the AU tags, thus the high number of signatures required.

Thanks....

Archived