Roc Thomas has left AU (It's official this time)

ellitor

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to see Roc leave. I believe he would have had a good year had he stuck around.

Now going to fall on Jovon and Kerryon.

Hope both can stay healthy this season

Has Kerryon gained any muscle yet? Last I heard, Horton said he needed to put on some muscle to help absorb the hits.

Has Kerryon gained any muscle yet? Last I heard, Horton said he needed to put on some muscle to help absorb the hits.

Doubt. He had another minor shoulder surgery a month or so ago.

Wasn't going to get many true RB carries. I feel like we'll be fine at RB honestly. I feel like Pettway and Malik can assist with the load when needed. JR, KJ and then Pettway and Malik.

Smh at our RB depth

Here we go again.

^^ Go write a book if not interested in the conversation...

Here we go again.

You go from 1-butthurt so quickly. I'm at work and my book is on my laptop at home anyway.

It's going to be a mirror image of the thread that was already locked, was my point.

Smh at our RB depth

He is supposed to be good for the season.

Here we go again.

You go from 1-butthurt so quickly. I'm at work and my book is on my laptop at home anyway.

Tell me the strengths of our RB depth, Mr. "here we go again."

Smh at our RB depth

He is supposed to be good for the season.

Well here is where we are at as of May 02.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/05/auburn_wants_kerryon_johnson_t.html

Wasn't going to get many true RB carries. I feel like we'll be fine at RB honestly. I feel like Pettway and Malik can assist with the load when needed. JR, KJ and then Pettway and Malik.

Agreed. A very respectable 3 deep with Pettway as your RB4 (while probably picking up a lot more game reps at HB than your average RB4 gets). Doesn't get a ton better than that.

As for the slot, I'm really hoping that Sean takes care of business, Queen gets healthy and Woody comes in strong enough to allow Franklin to get some reps there.

Here we go again.

Tell me the strengths of our RB depth, Mr. "here we go again."

Read McLoofus's response for my answer, he did the leg work for me before I could reply.

What the hell is going on?

I will preface this by saying this is in no way mean spirited no matter how it reads. I just can't help myself.

You've been under a Roc the past week haven't you?

Roc wanted to be the man at RB. He was promised more touches in the slot, where Gus, like many others believe that Roc's talents would be best utilized both at Auburn and as an NFL prospect. Roc was given many opportunities to be "the RB" at Auburn and for various reasons it did not work out. JSU has apparently promised him that opportunity there. Gus convinced Roc to stay over the winter, and was not able to convince him to stay this time around. He is headed to Jacksonville State now.

Agreed. A very respectable 3 deep with Pettway as your RB4 (while probably picking up a lot more game reps at HB than your average RB4 gets). Doesn't get a ton better than that.

As for the slot, I'm really hoping that Sean takes care of business, Queen gets healthy and Woody comes in strong enough to allow Franklin to get some reps there.

Yeah. I think the main thing we lack with our current RB depth is having a guy with some break away speed but as long as we can churn out 1st downs and get TDs in the redzone it's not a big issue for me.

I will preface this by saying this is in no way mean spirited no matter how it reads. I just can't help myself.

You've been under a Roc the past week haven't you?

:laugh:

RB1: Jovon( Please be healthy all year)

RB2: Kerryon- not sure if he will be at optimal size and strength when the season begins.

RB3: Malik- True freshman, could easily be a fullback

RB4- A fullback

15-0 'ship!!

I realize he is 3 on depth chart. I still considered him a strong 2 and could have been a serious threat from multiple positions the next two years. I will now focus on the players we still have with are even more unproven and not as talented as Roc. This is no one's fault, it just is what it is.

Archived