woods1110

Can someone please explain a 401k to me? Sorry if I come off dumb to anyone, I have never dealt with a 401k and have no idea what it is and how it works. Thanks!

Can someone please explain a 401k to me? Sorry if I come off dumb to anyone, I have never dealt with a 401k and have no idea what it is and how it works. Thanks!

140424[/snapback]

In a nutshell, it's a retirement account, that uses pre-tax money (you get taxed when you withdraw when you are 65) and allows your company to also make contributions on your behalf. If you take a withdrawal on it early, you get taxed, as well as paying a fee (something like 10%).

Just to add, 401K refers for the section of the tax code which delineates how the account is supposed to be administered.....

Yeah you might want to start one up if your company offers it. Even if you contribute a little, it's better than nothing...forget social security dude, it won't exist by the time you and me get there. :hmm:

......forget social security dude, it won't exist by the time you and me get there.  :hmm:

140505[/snapback]

Don't say that, the Democrats say there is no reason to do anything! :blink::blink::blink:

Archived