Houston at Cincy

ellitor

Houston @ Cincy is an intriguing game tonight IMO. I'm torn. I want Cincy to win because of Coach Tubbs. I also would love to see Houston throw a monkey wrench into the playoff semifinal bowl party which was designed to be for P5 conference teams.

Since we at least have a playoff I am not as ill-willed towards the postseason as in previous years. It is a no lose situation as long as it is a good game. Go Tubbs!

Is the SEC the only conference enforcing the lineman down field rule ?  what is it 3 yards or something? .

UH lineman on a recent pass was 6 or 7 yards down field before the pass was thrown.  Not sure how the rule is written but seemed that AU got nailed for barely over 3 yards.....so is anyone else paying any attention ?

55 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Is the SEC the only conference enforcing the lineman down field rule ?  what is it 3 yards or something? .

UH lineman on a recent pass was 6 or 7 yards down field before the pass was thrown.  Not sure how the rule is written but seemed that AU got nailed for barely over 3 yards.....so is anyone else paying any attention ?

If it is the play I am thinking of, even Palmer commented about the lineman being downfield setting up blocks.  However, on the play (the one I saw), the throw was behind the line of scrimmage and therefore any ineligible receiver can be downfield.  Ineligble downfield applies on a pass thrown beyond the line of scrimmage.  So UH was fine as the pass was behind the line of scrimmage.

Other than coach Dye, is there another former (living) AU coach that the AU family has more affection for than Tubs?  Love that guy and those AU teams he put on the field.  I guess the six straight against Bama pretty much seal it.  Hope Cincy can hold on tonight.

Well....",turn out the lights....the party's over...."

Archived