Malzahn on the two losses

DyeCampAlum

I would like to join the "Gus is owning it" and the "Gus is saying the right things, so let's give him a chance" crowd but I already did that this year...and we're only 3 games in.

Fool me once......

War Eagle to the players!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would curious if what Gus thinks the teams strengths and weaknesses are, are the same as mine. Right now except for the WR's I don't see many strengths on Offense. The O-Line is not very good right now, it's hard to say with the RB's because the O-line isn't giving them much to work with and the QB play is ok but I would not call it a strength. The D-Line and LB's are playing really good and the DB's have their moments. Punting is not going well right now but Carlson is awesome. I haven't seen much in the Kick return game either.

Would someone just ask him some frank questions so he doesn't go into coach speak.  Gus last yr you barely played JR and kept pulling him after big quarters snd plays.  This yr you held out Pettyway from Clemson game and he barely played 3rd quarter of atm game. What in the world were you thinking? Or Gus how did you come up the whirly whirl play and think that would be an effective sec football play?  And why would you call it twice? And Gus what has happened to Auburn fast?  I don't want excuses or false contrition I really want to know what he is thinking and explain and defend his decisions.

5 minutes ago, bg5 said:

I would curious if what Gus thinks the teams strengths and weaknesses are, are the same as mine. Right now except for the WR's I don't see many strengths on Offense. The O-Line is not very good right now, it's hard to say with the RB's because the O-line isn't giving them much to work with and the QB play is ok but I would not call it a strength. The D-Line and LB's are playing really good and the DB's have their moments. Punting is not going well right now but Carlson is awesome. I haven't seen much in the Kick return game either.

QB - above average with the occasional great
RB - Kam is a beast and Kerryon has great instincts/vision... totally agree that they need better blocking.
WR - best as a unit we've had in a long time
HB - sadly inconsistent which makes the O-Line look worse
TE - do we even have one?
OL - struggling, except for Smith
DL - need to finish but a bright spot
LB - best we've had in years
DB - also doing very well, though they slipped some last week
K - best in the country
P - struggling worse than the O-Line

15 hours ago, bg5 said:

Our o-line is the victim of bad decisions by the staff. If you studied any of the film you would see Braden Smith blowing up people. We should have attacked A&M's weakness...run defense...put in Darius James...go heavy...force their hand then go over the top against man situations...they made one simple end adjustment in their game plan and we never picked it up...btw, our right tackle spot would be up for grabs to the best run blocker...

Archived