What the Razorpigs think about us

DAG

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Maybe... but I think our O, how they are playing now, vs there D is good for 5 TDs and I don't think their O vs Our D is good for more than 3.  Of course I could be wrong.  

Based off of scoring 4 offensive TDs against the worst team in the SEC?

I do believe we get 3 TDs and 1-3 FGs, but not 5 TDs.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, VipersStrike1 said:

Based off of scoring 4 offensive TDs against the worst team in the SEC?

I do believe we get 3 TDs and 1-3 FGs, but not 5 TDs.

I don't think we take our foot off the gas like we did against State.  Also, for the record... Missouri and South Carolina might argue that "worst team in the SEC" designation.

7 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

Why wouldn't AU win it?  AU D might give up that much passing, but i guarantee Allen is gonna be running for his life, TAMU, bama, and Ole Miss all managed to pressure him, the first two a lot more as they have better DL and pass rushers, like AU.  Arky has allowed 30 or more points in all 3 SEC games, twice over 40.   AU should climb all over them with the offensive attack, and hopefully, the D will continue to play well, slowing down the run and pressuring Allen.  

Because AU is averaging 21 PPG against P5 opponents and ARK 32 PPG.

Actually Ole Miss (3 sacks/7 QBH) pressured him more than A&M (1 sack/3 QBH).

This is a good thread. I like the idea behind it -- give us a glimpse of how the opposing fan base feels about our upcoming match up. I could definitely get behind a weekly appearance of this. Seems better than a look-a-like thread IMO

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't think we take our foot off the gas like we did against State.  Also, for the record... Missouri and South Carolina might argue that "worst team in the SEC" designation.

We can't afford to v ARK. They will take us to the wire regardless how big of a lead we get.

True, Mizz & SC are giving MSU a run for worst SEC team.

46 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This is a good thread. I like the idea behind it -- give us a glimpse of how the opposing fan base feels about our upcoming match up. I could definitely get behind a weekly appearance of this. Seems better than a look-a-like thread IMO

Not to mention it gives our own gloom and doomers their chance to moan...?

You're out of your mind if you really think Rawleigh Williams would start at Auburn. That's utter craziness. I'm not a pure numbers guy. Watch them play. Last week was the first time Williams really affected a defense with a pulse. He was a complete non-factor against Bama and had one good run against A&M. 

Johnson has by far the best upside of any RB in this game. No other back has come close the the performances he had against Clemson and LSU, two very good defensive teams. Please don't point to the SEC leader board in rushing. If you do, I'll remind you that Shaud Williams once led the SEC in rushing over far more talented players like Cadillac and Cedric Cobbs.

Allen's a good player. He's not the best QB in the SEC, but he's looked very good.

3 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

The only thing that made me laugh in this thread was the comment on Arkansas' WRs. They clearly didn't watch the last game they played or the game they lost to A&M or the other game they lost to Bama. All three have far, far better WR/pass catching groups. It's not close. It's a good group. Drew Morgan is a nice player. Keon Hatcher and Jeremy Sprinkle are big bodied WRs. But their isn't a coach in America that wouldn't trade that crew for Ole Miss' or A&M's bands of 6'3" movie monsters. There is no Calvin Ridley in that group. There is no Evan Engram. I'm good with Carlton Davis singled up on any WR they have on the roster.

Our WRs outplayed Ole Miss' by far Saturday. Not sure I would say they are better but they are top 5 in the SEC. You didn't even mention Jared Cornelius who has arguably been our best WR this year. He had 146 yards against Bama.

You're out of your mind if you really think Rawleigh Williams would start at Auburn. That's utter craziness. I'm not a pure numbers guy. Watch them play. Last week was the first time Williams really affected a defense with a pulse. He was a complete non-factor against Bama and had one good run against A&M.

I think he's good, not great. No one will run on Alabama so I think you can throw that game out. I really think Whaley has a lot more talent than Williams and the potential to be all-SEC one day but he's just now starting to see action since he's a true freshman.

20 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Johnson has by far the best upside of any RB in this game. No other back has come close the the performances he had against Clemson and LSU, two very good defensive teams. Please don't point to the SEC leader board in rushing. If you do, I'll remind you that Shaud Williams once led the SEC in rushing over far more talented players like Cadillac and Cedric Cobbs.

Allen's a good player. He's not the best QB in the SEC, but he's looked very good.

Interesting that Williams leads the SEC in rushing on what we all agree is a porous OL, esp by Bart standards, AND is starting ahead of a 5-star Freshman, but no way he would ever start at AU. BTW - Who said that?

Ditto about the porous OL for Allen. Gets hit more than any other QB, not a DT, yet still completes 63%, throws 18 TDs and holds a 156 QBR.

Who's a better QB in the SEC than Allen? White? Knight? Kelly? Dobbs? Hurts?

There are several things Arkansas does well: 

First Downs:

Ark 27 - aTm 22

Ark 25 - Bama 16

Ark 27 - Ole Miss 22

Time of Possession:

Ark 39:45 - aTM 20:15

Ark 37:07 - Bama 22:53

Ark 40:38 - Ole Miss 19:22

Total play:

Against aTM - 42 pass  /  40 rush (82)

Against Bama - 48 pass  /  36 rush (84)

Against Ole Miss - 32 pass. /. 51 rush (83)

if we get on them early, we can not afford a 2nd half like MissSt, or these guys will come back.  With that said if we get down early it will be hard to come back. We must take ball control away from them and beat them at their own game. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

That is what I was hoping for honestly.  Sets up nice for some talking points and opponent banter . All we need now is for the 1 hog poster to add input .

Noted that is has already happened.

5 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

We must take ball control away from them and beat them at their own game.

3 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I believe the game comes down to who can stop who's running game better.

Great minds...

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I really look forward to this game.  I had no issues with Arkansas until Brett Belima came into town.  Funny thing is you would think I would like him as my cousin started center for 4 years under him at Wisconsin.

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I'd say Bert has shown that he's willing to adapt the offense as well.

Bert? Not sure who tagged him with this moniker, I've always thought he looked like Middle-Aged Butthead.

263k94n.jpg

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

From what I saw of Allen against Bama if under extreme pressure he will put it up for grabs. I hope our D can cause him fits.

I hope he makes the mistake of throwing it toward Davis.  He's just itching for a pick.

I think Ark is an OK team, but what I am really expecting is for them to put up as much of a "down in the trenches in our face" fight as they can muster.  It's about attitude.  Variance in performance happens week to week.  Their best game wont touch our best game, but will both teams show up with their best games?  Doesn't happen too often. I expect the attitude of them considering us "beatable."  For them, they may view it challenging or difficult but still beatable.  They may stretch or push just a little bit harder because they believe they can do it.  We need a SOLID start and keep the petal floored.  We can slap them but I don't expect them to roll over and quit.  I expect the coaches are going to settle our guys in before going ape crazy. If your expecting Auburn to go all wild gunslinger mode starting at the kickoff you might be a little disappointed.  On the other hand, we lock in, dial our dline and oline to solid performances, it can get real ugly for them.  

I am really looking forward to this game. I am seeing areas in our play that are coming together well enough that we now have options in both d and o play.  It means we can actually exploit weaknesses because our coaches have the confidence to push there.  It takes both the execution and the willingness.  We should expect several special packages for our dline.  In my book this is almost the perfect team for the moment in our team's growth.  That feisty punchy kid that's going to fight with passion, but at the end if we focus and execute we can roll them up and shove them in a bag.  I am looking forward to seeing if there is a little more finesse in the passing game.  SW's timing has been pretty sweet, so it'll be nice to see if we're up to the precision throws (say over the should fade in the red zone.) Brute force works also. My prediction: If ours brains don't fall out, we win by 17.

30 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

I think Ark is an OK team, but what I am really expecting is for them to put up as much of a "down in the trenches in our face" fight as they can muster.  It's about attitude.  Variance in performance happens week to week.  Their best game wont touch our best game, but will both teams show up with their best games?  Doesn't happen too often. I expect the attitude of them considering us "beatable."  For them, they may view it challenging or difficult but still beatable.  They may stretch or push just a little bit harder because they believe they can do it.  We need a SOLID start and keep the petal floored.  We can slap them but I don't expect them to roll over and quit.  I expect the coaches are going to settle our guys in before going ape crazy. If your expecting Auburn to go all wild gunslinger mode starting at the kickoff you might be a little disappointed.  On the other hand, we lock in, dial our dline and oline to solid performances, it can get real ugly for them.  

I am really looking forward to this game. I am seeing areas in our play that are coming together well enough that we now have options in both d and o play.  It means we can actually exploit weaknesses because our coaches have the confidence to push there.  It takes both the execution and the willingness.  We should expect several special packages for our dline.  In my book this is almost the perfect team for the moment in our team's growth.  That feisty punchy kid that's going to fight with passion, but at the end if we focus and execute we can roll them up and shove them in a bag.  I am looking forward to seeing if there is a little more finesse in the passing game.  SW's timing has been pretty sweet, so it'll be nice to see if we're up to the precision throws (say over the should fade in the red zone.) Brute force works also. My prediction: If ours brains don't fall out, we win by 17.

That's a fair analysis. :hellyeah::bow::beer2:

54 minutes ago, Michael X said:

Bert? Not sure who tagged him with this moniker, I've always thought he looked like Middle-Aged Butthead.

263k94n.jpg

Same here 

New to this site, but I am a Razorback fan and I can't speak for everyone but I can give you my mindset on the game. I think it is a fair analysis and again does not speak for everyone just myself personally.

1.) I feel we have already played the best two defenses in the league and have managed to score points (A&M 24, BAMA 30). Both teams made us basically one dimensional by taking away the running game. Our passing game is potent enough to score points, the flip side is it lowers our time of possession and puts the other teams offense on the field.

2.) Auburn has a very good defense as witnessed by the Clemson game right off the bat. I do feel that they can stop the run against us. But I do not believe that will stop Arkansas from scoring. Again, Bama and A&M both did this but could not keep Arkansas out of the endzone completely.

3.) So why do I feel we can win, and why do I feel we could lose? I think we win if we can hold Auburn to 24 points or less. I see no reason to believe that we can't score 27-30 points. Again take the two defenses we have played that I consider to be the top two in the conference and you can see where I get that number. Although SW is a capable quarterback, I think Arkansas can make enough stops as they did against a very potent Ole Miss team to keep Auburn behind and allow us to get the victory. Why do I think we could lose. Again, I think TOP is key. I believe that if Arkansas gets behind early, this would play into Auburns hands. It takes our best defense at this point out of play. Auburn has a good enough defense to make things difficult if we become completely one dimensional. I think special teams could become a huge factor. Arkansas is having some difficulty at place kicker, and I believe Auburn has the edge there. Plus, its a home game for Auburn.

I feel these could be two of the most evenly matched teams to face each other all year, very similar to Arkansas' matchup with Ole Miss. And, the statement made earlier that if Auburn brought their best game and Arkansas brought theirs that Arkansas would have no chance is ludicrous.

Lastly my breakdown as far as position advantages:

Quarterback - Arkansas

Runningbacks - Arkansas (although this was close)

O-Line - Auburn

Receivers - Arkansas

D-Line - Auburn

Linebackers - Auburn (Arkansas Dre' Greenlaw out)

Defensive Backs - Arkansas

Place Kicker - Auburn

Punter - Arkansas

FINAL SCORE PREDICTION:

Arkansas 31 Auburn 27

23 minutes ago, Sharpbbd said:

New to this site, but I am a Razorback fan and I can't speak for everyone but I can give you my mindset on the game. I think it is a fair analysis and again does not speak for everyone just myself personally.

1.) I feel we have already played the best two defenses in the league and have managed to score points (A&M 24, BAMA 30). Both teams made us basically one dimensional by taking away the running game. Our passing game is potent enough to score points, the flip side is it lowers our time of possession and puts the other teams offense on the field.

2.) Auburn has a very good defense as witnessed by the Clemson game right off the bat. I do feel that they can stop the run against us. But I do not believe that will stop Arkansas from scoring. Again, Bama and A&M both did this but could not keep Arkansas out of the endzone completely.

3.) So why do I feel we can win, and why do I feel we could lose? I think we win if we can hold Auburn to 24 points or less. I see no reason to believe that we can't score 27-30 points. Again take the two defenses we have played that I consider to be the top two in the conference and you can see where I get that number. Although SW is a capable quarterback, I think Arkansas can make enough stops as they did against a very potent Ole Miss team to keep Auburn behind and allow us to get the victory. Why do I think we could lose. Again, I think TOP is key. I believe that if Arkansas gets behind early, this would play into Auburns hands. It takes our best defense at this point out of play. Auburn has a good enough defense to make things difficult if we become completely one dimensional. I think special teams could become a huge factor. Arkansas is having some difficulty at place kicker, and I believe Auburn has the edge there. Plus, its a home game for Auburn.

I feel these could be two of the most evenly matched teams to face each other all year, very similar to Arkansas' matchup with Ole Miss. And, the statement made earlier that if Auburn brought their best game and Arkansas brought theirs that Arkansas would have no chance is ludicrous.

Quarterback - Arkansas

O-Line - Auburn

Receivers - Arkansas

D-Line - Auburn

Place Kicker - Auburn

Punter - Arkansas

FINAL SCORE PREDICTION:

Arkansas 31 Auburn 27

Auburn has played 2 teams with better scoring offenses than Arkansas and they averaged 24 points against the Auburn defense. What makes you think Arkansas will do better than that?

Name a defense better than Alabama? Arkansas put up 17 on Bama in the first half and had 24 through the first 3 quarters. I know that Alabama is your arch rivals but even so, surely you can give them credit for that right? Arkansas is going to score points. Auburn has a good defense and I'm not taking anything away from them. But like I said, Auburn is going to have to score to win, and as bad as Arkansas defense can be they only gave up 30 to Olemiss a team that put up 43 on Bama.

43 minutes ago, Sharpbbd said:

I only use Bama as a measuring stick because they are the best defense in the country and if you want to compare apples to apples that would be the measuring stick to use.

Arkansas fan your defense is pretty bad .

1 hour ago, Sharpbbd said:

Quarterback - Arkansas

O-Line - Auburn

Receivers - Arkansas

D-Line - Auburn

Place Kicker - Auburn

Punter - Arkansas

FINAL SCORE PREDICTION:

Arkansas 31 Auburn 27

Your team doesn't have defense . Auburn has defense . Your team loses .. it's pretty simple 

Archived