We shall pay any price, bear any burden....

AURaptor

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Nope, it wasn't W, but he sure has hell could have said it.

I wonder what Ted Kennedy thinks about these words.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Nope, it wasn't W, but he sure has hell could have said it.

I wonder what Ted Kennedy thinks about these words.

142524[/snapback]

Probably that big brother could engage in some pretty eloquent hyperbole.

Yep John Kennedy said this.

I agree that Bush should be pushed on certain issues of this war, but Ted Kennedy AND Barbara Boxer have gone too far. There is a way you can attack the president respectfully, but they have chosen a different route.

What makes this wose, is that most dems are mue right now, they won't step up and disagree with Kennedy. They better be careful or those red states will become even more red.

But Kennedy saying that the "military is the problem, not the solution"

WOW. I'm almost at a loss for words

Yeah, it's only 'eloquent hyperbole' when it some how falls in line w/ what a conservative would say. Otherwise, its wise, progressive thinking by one of the nation's greatest political icons. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's only 'eloquent hyperbole' when it some how falls in line w/ what a conservative would say. Otherwise, its wise, progressive thinking by one of the nation's greatest political icons. :rolleyes:

142585[/snapback]

If one is talking about what we will do for the cause of "liberty" anywhere in the world, "bear ANY burden" is pretty eloquent hyperbole. If we are talking about specific threats to our own liberty, then it is not.

If Kennedy was referring to what we would do to prevent communists and others from attacking and beating us, it is understandable. If he was talking about what we would do to address the so-called domino theory in every small undeveloped country, it was hyperbole.

"Bear any burden?" What now pass for "conservatives" aren't even prepared for us to pay the bill for this war. It is on the credit the card. You don't even believe it. Think about the total disconnect between what Bush says and what we do. Are Americans prepared to expand our Army enough to overthrow every tyrant and expand their taxes to pay for it? Are you?

There is a big difference between the Kennedys, John and Teddy.

John risked his own life to pull his boatmates to safety while serving in WWII.

Teddy left his girlfriend to die in the cold waters of Chappaquiddick rather than attempt to save her...... or did he leave her there for a reason?

If Teddy's "accident" had happened in Alabama or Kansas or almost anywhere other than his family's almost private island, he would still be in jail where he belongs.

How ANYONE can put any stock in ANYTHING Ted Kennedy says is beyond me. He has as much crediblity as Jimmy Hoffa or John Gotti as far as I'm concerned.

"Bear any burden?" What now pass for "conservatives" aren't even prepared for us to pay the bill for this war. It is on the credit the card. You don't even believe it. Think about the total disconnect between what Bush says and what we do. Are Americans prepared to expand our Army enough to overthrow every tyrant and expand their taxes to pay for it? Are you?

Name a war which was paid for, in full and up front? C'mon, making the charge that somehow because its on a " credit card " means we've got less resolve is inane. We don't NEED to overthrow every tyrant. The idea is that we plant seeds of freedom and let them grow.

Hell, I'm not crazy about this stuff either. I'd much rather have every one of our soldiers still alive and back home. Sadly, we see the real world doesn't work well on wishes alone. The scandal at the UN is glaring proof of that very fact. In the same Inaugural address , Kennedy said this....

...the United Nations, our last best hope in an age where the instruments of war have far outpaced the instruments of peace, we renew our pledge of support -- to prevent it from becoming merely a forum for invective,  to strengthen its shield of the new and the weak, and to enlarge the area in which its writ may run.
Sadly, it's become even worse than a forum for [the] inevective , it's become rotten to the core. The Food for Oil scam has shown us anything, it's that a world of good intentions has fallen into truly empty hyperbole and become a cess pool for the decedent.

Those in the U.N. can more be trusted to do the right thing than a fox can be trusted to watch over a hen house. Anyone who denies that has become such a kool-aid - aholic , they are well beyond the help of the Betty Ford Clinic.

Name a war which was paid for, in full and up front? C'mon, making the charge that somehow because its on a " credit card " means we've got less resolve is inane. We don't NEED to overthrow every tyrant. The idea is that we plant seeds of freedom and let them grow.

Hell, I'm not crazy about this stuff either. I'd much rather have every one of our soldiers still alive and back home. Sadly, we see the real world doesn't work well on wishes alone. The scandal at the UN is glaring proof of that very fact. In the same Inaugural address , Kennedy said this....

...the United Nations, our last best hope in an age where the instruments of war have far outpaced the instruments of peace, we renew our pledge of support -- to prevent it from becoming merely a forum for invective,  to strengthen its shield of the new and the weak, and to enlarge the area in which its writ may run.
Sadly, it's become even worse than a forum for [the] inevective , it's become rotten to the core. The Food for Oil scam has shown us anything, it's that a world of good intentions has fallen into truly empty hyperbole and become a cess pool for the decedent.

Those in the U.N. can more be trusted to do the right thing than a fox can be trusted to watch over a hen house. Anyone who denies that has become such a kool-aid - aholic , they are well beyond the help of the Betty Ford Clinic.

142604[/snapback]

Name a war that we had a massive tax cut in the middle of. Less resolve than WWII, for example? What have the American people as a whole been asked to do? What have they truly committed to? What have they been asked to sacrifice? There is a total disconnect between the cost in terms of lives and money between this war and the vast majority of the American people.

TT - there was no 'massive tax cut' in the middle of this war. By that very claim, your grasp on reality is suspect.

TT - there was no 'massive tax cut' in the middle of this war. By that very claim, your grasp on reality is suspect.

142610[/snapback]

By this claim, your lack of connection to reality is confirmed.

142610[/snapback]

142646[/snapback]

:roflol:

Clearly, by all definitions known to man.........i win!

GOP = GOOD

DNC = EVIL

142610[/snapback]

142646[/snapback]

:roflol:

Clearly, by all definitions known to man.........i win!

GOP = GOOD

DNC = EVIL

142674[/snapback]

:cheer::homer::cheer: Enjoy! :cheer::homer::cheer:

I formally endorse Screaming Dean for head of the DNC.

Of course I am a social liberal Republican though.

Seriously, how can Dean recover from those "No Black in his Cabinet" slams Sharpton gave him?

I formally endorse Screaming Dean for head of the DNC.

Of course I am a social liberal Republican though.

Seriously, how can Dean recover from those "No Black in his Cabinet" slams Sharpton gave him?

142748[/snapback]

Absolutely NO problem, he is a democrat!

Archived