Players not happy...

AubieAH3

2 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

How did he have a chance to shine? 1. Vandy was whopping us up with their offense and 2. He threw 4 times 2 completed..1 drop. His play in the Vandy game is overly exaggerated. 

Completely agree. I don't understand why people keep saying he had his chance against Vandy. I personally totally understand JF3's frustration.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Woody committed to Auburn over bama,  the turds hoodwinked us and got Hurts to commit to them. But a funny thing happened, the turds have a coach who can develop quarterbacks. Auburn,  on the other hand, has an offensive genius and his boy wonder. How did that work out?

stop counting Stidham as our qb next year, its a really close battle the aggies are winning right now. why people count him as the next year QB over those already on the roster ill never know.

freshman players normally get frustrated with lack of playtime as it is, I can see why he is frustrated especially with our qb play all year. he will get his chance to prove next year as I expect the qb competition to be open again

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Marshall came he was not known for his passing, rather it was his running  which won him the job and his passing improved. Franklin is another example of offensive genius and boy wonder having no clue about developing quarterbacks.

Nobody is automatically counting Stidham on our roster but one would be a fool to not want him if we can get him and we still have Gus and Rhett and the same exact lineup at QB next year. 

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Marshall came he was not known for his passing, rather it was his running  which won him the job and his passing improved. Franklin is another example of offensive genius and boy wonder having no clue about developing quarterbacks.

Biggest difference was they actually gave Nick a chance despite his passing deficiencies. I think seeing jf3 in practice lessens their confidence in him and that's understandable. However I don't think he's as bad as some make him to be and think he's a more of a gamer. My biggest issue with him is ball security. He does scare the heck out of me how loosely he carries the ball and with him taking big hits and fumbling. Nick was pretty good at avoiding those hits.

Is there some inside info I'm missing or are we just forgetting about Woody? It would DEFINITELY be better to have JS to give Woody one or even two more years of preparation, I'm not saying I don't really want him (I do). But Woody with a year to adjust to college life, plus if Sean is able to return (lots of players have been injured twice--"third time's the charm"), gives me some reason for hope, which is more than I was able to say about our QB situation coming into this year.

FTR, Woody's tweets just look like typical 18-22 year old guy tweets. He's disappointed that we lost, I'd say.

3 hours ago, gctiger said:

I realize that JF3 may be disappointed but he had a chance to really shine against Vandy and was unable to make the most of it.  If he's that unhappy then I would imagine he'll be really unhappy when he realizes that teams aren't knocking his door down to sign him.  

I don't think 4 passes is a chance

I'm surprised that folks who support an employee of the university, making millions of dollars, and doing a subpar job, also easily cast aside young kids who actually are members of the Auburn Family because they are frustrated by the afore mentioned...hmmmm.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't think 4 passes is a chance

Lol at people saying he had his chance. Other qb's get that on missed throws and everybody says bad pass got to make that next time....this dude got one pass attempt that was dropped and this board was all over him.

4 years and Gus has apparently so few options at QB that using Chandler Cox to throw a critical 4th down pass seemed like a good idea to him.

That about says it all.  I would love to have Stidham next year on the plains, but I cannot imagine him showing up now due to Malzahn's stupidity on offense this entire season. 

Next year isn't going to be any different I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

4 years and Gus has apparently so few options at QB that using Chandler Cox to throw a critical 4th down pass seemed like a good idea to him.

That about says it all.  I would love to have Stidham next year on the plains, but I cannot imagine him showing up now due to Malzahn's stupidity on offense this entire season. 

Next year isn't going to be any different I'm afraid.

Yep, I didn't get that one either. It's decisions like that one that makes me question their competency, more so Gus.

If you watched the netflix special like i did.... you know that Auburn offered him a scholarship with 1/2 game of play.   How the hell do you know anything about the kid and then they are surprised when he wasnt what they thought?    Im guessing JF3 stays   he hasnt shown the ability to make him desirable to any other big time school.   If he improves his passing drastically then he has a shot  if not.  Same thing next year

5 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

If you watched the netflix special like i did.... you know that Auburn offered him a scholarship with 1/2 game of play.   How the hell do you know anything about the kid and then they are surprised when he wasnt what they thought?    Im guessing JF3 stays   he hasnt shown the ability to make him desirable to any other big time school.   If he improves his passing drastically then he has a shot  if not.  Same thing next year

He could go somewhere like Troy and light it up giving him a fighting chance at a free agent contract in the NFL with a position change. Stay here and his career is over. Easy choice iyam

9 hours ago, jared52 said:

Kids don't question Saban because there are 2 5* players on the bench behind them. They are easily replaceable. 

If they don't want to be at AU, then they should move on. They aren't helping anyone by staying.

LIKE...outta "likes" so will just post a confirmation.

2 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

He could go somewhere like Troy and light it up giving him a fighting chance at a free agent contract in the NFL with a position change. Stay here and his career is over. Easy choice iyam

He wouldn't even work out at Troy as a QB. Their system requires accuracy and quick throws on tight windows.

5 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Agree...lots of FCS schools where he would do well...just needs to "put his name out" and I bet he could move and start. JMO

As for bringing him to AU...Gus just rolled the dice on him....like a 3* hoping there was more there than was obvious.  Coaches miss on players all the time...it's just that because of the TV program he got way more publicity than was merited...or earned. Expectations much too high. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

LIKE...outta "likes" so will just post a confirmation.

Lol meanwhile we're losing talking about if we had this player things would be different

8 hours ago, AubieAH3 said:

Completely agree. I don't understand why people keep saying he had his chance against Vandy. I personally totally understand JF3's frustration.

ditto. needed him badly. instead of building him up early in the year, they threw him to the wolves. jf3 mishandled badly this year, couldve been different.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

ditto. needed him badly. instead of building him up early in the year, they threw him to the wolves. jf3 mishandled badly this year, couldve been different.

JMO...but he "had his chance" on the practice field for a couple months and had not convinced the coaches he could play SEC QB.  

I don't think Vandy was some kind of tryout...it was because we needed him...and he did not deliver.   He did not have to do anything great....just run the offense with a simple game plan.  

I saw California throwing the ball even after Davis Webb left the game last night. Throwing the ball gave the freshman QB some passes and lett him work through his progressions while California was already up 26 and there were only two minutes left in the game. I can't  find many other times that are more essential for helping develop a QB but yet we are up 55 and we refuse to let JF3 or Queen throw the damn ball. How are we going to let our backups get better once our starter goes down if we don't let them work on their craft? 

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO...but he "had his chance" on the practice field for a couple months and had not convinced the coaches he could play SEC QB.  

I don't think Vandy was some kind of tryout...it was because we needed him...and he did not deliver.   He did not have to do anything great....just run the offense with a simple game plan.  

What part of the offense did he not run??? THAT YOU SAW?

On the field he's shown enough to show we could've beat Georgia with him. But it's a great position for you to have. If he does well, in practice he didn't show it and if he does bad being thrown out in the iron bowl of all games with minimal reps it's see?

Archived