Players not happy...

AubieAH3

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO...but he "had his chance" on the practice field for a couple months and had not convinced the coaches he could play SEC QB.  

I don't think Vandy was some kind of tryout...it was because we needed him...and he did not deliver.   He did not have to do anything great....just run the offense with a simple game plan.  

had a 3 way qb battle going into clemson, and the fact alone that he's here in uniform. and on all his "chances" they still pulled the playbook, never attempt to run an offense. on some level i trust jf3's talent from my living room more than i trust these coaches evaluation of talent. these boys chose to run the clock all those nights instead of working jf3, this stupidity directly cost us the georgia game, and made last night look like a forfeit. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What part of the offense did he not run??? THAT YOU SAW?

I have no idea what offense he was supposed to run...just saw his results in half #1 versus the other guy in half #2.....   

And overall it continues to amaze me that the guy who got credit over Chiz for the BCS championship and then took an unknown team to another BCS championship game is now considered incompetent to coach.  

The frustrating thing for me, as an Auburn fan, is I don't know what Gus' standard is for his QBs.  It seems that unless you have freak athletes such as Cam and Nick, the QB has to be assimilated into Gus' system or he doesn't play.  If he does play, by necessity, he is controlled by the head borg until such time he shows compliance.  Where that line of trust is only Gus/Rhett know and none of us.  We see flashes of what the QBs can do and wonder why isn't he given more opportunities, but we don't know what the "standard" is to see the field.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I have no idea what offense he was supposed to run...just saw his results in half #1 versus the other guy in half #2.....   

And overall it continues to amaze me that the guy who got credit over Chiz for the BCS championship and then took an unknown team to another BCS championship game is now considered incompetent to coach.  

So how many yards would a component qb get with 3 throws one which is dropped and was thrown out of bounds because the o line couldn't sustain a block? Looking at results. What was sw results his first couple of starts? And if we look at results well we have to say he can throw a beautiful deep ball, that alone we beat Georgia

As far as competent coaches, like you said chiz got him a ring, and all coaches look good until they are lacking. Muschamp was great at Florida in the beginning....

JF3 said it best in the article I read this morning - "I can only run the plays that are called." 

The reason so many are saying he wasn't given a fair chance is because little to NO passing plays were called with him at the helm. Opposing DCs are not stupid. They knew to key in completely on the run when JF3 was in the game. You don't think that makes it much easier to defend? Not to mention, I think he went for 10 yards or more on 1/3 of his runs. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what I read.) That's pretty darn good considering the situation he was put in due to the play calling.

Am I crazy for thinking he should have been allowed a chance to show what he can do on the field? Especially when we were up big in several games and just squandered the opportunity by having him do nothing but hand off...I just don't get it. I must be missing something. 

I don't care if he wasn't "impressive" enough in practice. All we heard for the past 2 years is how GREAT JJ looks in practice. So excuse me if I'm not betting the house on the coaching reports we hear from practice. 

One thing I do know is I complained I think the third game of the season and said give jf3 reps and somebody asked why it's sw team and look what he means and blah blah blah. My reply was because at the end of the season you don't want to be in the situation of throwing a guy out there with no reps and your season hangs there.....And look at where we are now

I said at the beginning of the year JFIII could care less about about Auburn because it was just a "business trip," and I took a lot of flak for that.  This really proves it if he does leave.  You stick with your team through thick and thin.  Now I know these are just kids riding on emotion and JFIII was probably baited by his reporter so I will wait and see what happens.

Stidham has narrowed it down to Auburn and Texas A&M.  Texas A&M has 6 quarterbacks on the roster.  If he does come here, how will the situation look like for us with White, Barrett, and Stidham? If Barrett does go to the 3rd string, should he think about transferring or continue to grow in the system. Our QB situation could get very interesting with three capable quarterbacks...

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

And overall it continues to amaze me that the guy who got credit over Chiz for the BCS championship and then took an unknown team to another BCS championship game is now considered incompetent to coach

I guess the facts that are revealed via hindsight can expose prior beliefs. Wouldn't you agree?It's more and more clear that the championship runs were in large part, thanks to having legendary Auburn QBs on the roster. 

6 minutes ago, AubieAH3 said:

I don't care if he wasn't "impressive" enough in practice. All we heard for the past 2 years is how GREAT JJ looks in practice. So excuse me if I'm not betting the house on the coaching reports we hear from practice. 

Because if JFIII can't do well in practice against players he knows and in an environment he is comfortable in, he surely can't do it against a defense he doesn't know come gametime potentially in an away game where he is not in an environment he is comfortable in. 

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I said at the beginning of the year JFIII could care less about about Auburn because it was just a "business trip," and I took a lot of flak for that.  This really proves it if he does leave.  You stick with your team through thick and thin.  Now I know these are just kids riding on emotion and JFIII was probably baited by his reporter so I will wait and see what happens.

Stidham has narrowed it down to Auburn and Texas A&M.  Texas A&M has 6 quarterbacks on the roster.  If he does come here, how will the situation look like for us with White, Barrett, and Stidham? If Barrett does go to the 3rd string, should he think about transferring or continue to grow in the system. Our QB situation could get very interesting with three capable quarterbacks...

If Stidham comes here Woody probably is 2nd string and SW goes to 3rd. WB would be the future after Stidham. 

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You think the players on this team really chose to come here for their love of Auburn? We are a big time program in the SEC. Majority choose to come here to play football with the big boys. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I guess the facts that are revealed via hindsight can expose prior beliefs. Wouldn't you agree?It's more and more clear that the championship runs were in large part, thanks to having legendary Auburn QBs on the roster. 

Of course Cam was legendary but Marshall succeeded due to the offense we were in. 

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Because if JFIII can't do well in practice against players he knows and in an environment he is comfortable in, he surely can't do it against a defense he doesn't know come gametime potentially in an away game where he is not in an environment he is comfortable in. 

I remember they used to say that about sw....all of a sudden after getting reps and getting comfortable he started playing much better.....imagine that

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You think the players on this team really chose to come here for their love of Auburn? We are a big time program in the SEC. Majority choose to come here to play football with the big boys. 

While I do agree with you, I don't think that is the only factor.  A lot of the players come here for Auburn.  And you can see it in their tweets.  Just look at Cox's tweet.  What won over Brown was how the coaches treated him and the family atmosphere.  It is in his mother's video interview before the season on al.com.  Not all of them are like this, I agree.  But if you look at the reasoning the recruits give after their commitment, a lot of them say it was because of the school itself and what it meant to them.  

6 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Of course Cam was legendary but Marshall succeeded due to the offense we were in. 

Way to minimize Marshall's accomplishments, buddy. If that was the "reason," JF3 would be setting records with his speed.

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Having Cam Newton helps with the first. He gets credit for 2013, but let's be considerate of all the happenings of that year. Hail mary, kick six and an unstoppable offense, where 3 plays could not be stopped. You can tell a lot about how a coach reacts to adversity, where everything isn't going your way.

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

While I do agree with you, I don't think that is the only factor.  A lot of the players come here for Auburn.  And you can see it in their tweets.  Just look at Cox's tweet.  What won over Brown was how the coaches treated him and the family atmosphere.  It is in his mother's video interview before the season on al.com.  Not all of them are like this, I agree.  But if you look at the reasoning the recruits give after their commitment, a lot of them say it was because of the school itself and what it meant to them.  

Yeah maybe compared to the other big time schools but if we were a D2 school none of the guys on this team would be here

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Marshall came he was not known for his passing, rather it was his running  which won him the job and his passing improved. Franklin is another example of offensive genius and boy wonder having no clue about developing quarterbacks.

You are wrong. Marshall had over 3000 yards passing and almost 20 touchdowns prior to signing with us. comparing Marshall to JF3 is nonsensical. Marshall actually put up numbers for his JC team unlike JF3 who couldn't start over a country white boy who didn't get a single FBS offer and is now a regular student at Mississippi State.  Sure Marshalls INTs dropped significantly when he got here, but that doesn't mean Lashlee and Gus did it... it could be that JC season was the first post high school to actually take a snap, it could of been drop dropped or tipped passes...there are any number of reasons INTs can drop. Also I could be wrong, I am plenty, but if I remember correctly Nick Marshall set all kinds of Georgia state high school passing records. So... no, Gus and Lashlee didnt just teach him to throw the ball.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Agree...lots of FCS schools where he would do well...just needs to "put his name out" and I bet he could move and start. JMO

As for bringing him to AU...Gus just rolled the dice on him....like a 3* hoping there was more there than was obvious.  Coaches miss on players all the time...it's just that because of the TV program he got way more publicity than was merited...or earned. Expectations much too high. 

I truly think the bigger issue is the fact fact they offered JF3 over Jerrod Evans in the first place.

I like SW but you should realize that SEC West D1 is not for him. I doubt seriously he will ever be 100 % again. I wish him all the success but he needs to take it where he is not facing 300 pound monsters that run like elks. Right now Woody is really the only chance to find a decent QB next year . I like Gatewood and Bishop but I don't think they will work out. TQ has had so many injuries that I am not sure he will ever be 100 % either. If there was any good to last night Stidham might actually like his chances here better than at A&M. Again I am just not big on Transfers. I always wonder why they were not successful enough where they were to stay put. Any way we need to recruit better than we have at the QB position. I do think WB can be the guy but he will need a QB coach that we don't have and a play caller that we don't have to get us to the SEC game.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

One thing I do know is I complained I think the third game of the season and said give jf3 reps and somebody asked why it's sw team and look what he means and blah blah blah. My reply was because at the end of the season you don't want to be in the situation of throwing a guy out there with no reps and your season hangs there.....And look at where we are now

I was all for it but for after the game was put away or against lesser opponents because the offense is better with SW leading it because we were trying to win. 

Let him throw it every one said. But we just let him hand it off and run it. Hindsight is twenty twenty but we all knew it was more than just getting reps.In the end, Gus will have to pay for those mistakes. 

Anybody see the exchange between Gus, Lashlee, and JF3 on the sideline last night? I have nothing to base this off of other than an ability to read people really well, but it just seems to me that Gus doesn't have confidence in JF3 and Lashlee does. It just seems that Gus is stubborn and wants to prove that this offense doesn't need a Marshall or JF3 to work and is unwilling to budge on that. TIFWIW. 

13 minutes ago, Weegle777 said:

Anybody see the exchange between Gus, Lashlee, and JF3 on the sideline last night? I have nothing to base this off of other than an ability to read people really well, but it just seems to me that Gus doesn't have confidence in JF3 and Lashlee does. It just seems that Gus is stubborn and wants to prove that this offense doesn't need a Marshall or JF3 to work and is unwilling to budge on that. TIFWIW. 

Yea not sure what was going on in that conversation. JF3 looked at Gus like "what the heck are you talking about" and Rhett was pointing up to the screen or something like he was telling Gus " look at the play". I think you could tell this whole group was not on the same page and I think that is what you saw with the offense all night. Uat is good on defense but most of the time would looked like we could not find our tail with a search light. It was Clemson 2.0.

AubieAH3 You obviously need help. Jock sniffing can make you crazy.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Way to minimize Marshall's accomplishments, buddy. If that was the "reason," JF3 would be setting records with his speed.

Agreed. Nick was a magician. He bailed out poor play calling more than I care to count.

Archived