Players not happy...

AubieAH3

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You are wrong. Marshall had over 3000 yards passing and almost 20 touchdowns prior to signing with us. comparing Marshall to JF3 is nonsensical. Marshall actually put up numbers for his JC team unlike JF3 who couldn't start over a country white boy who didn't get a single FBS offer and is now a regular student at Mississippi State.  Sure Marshalls INTs dropped significantly when he got here, but that doesn't mean Lashlee and Gus did it... it could be that JC season was the first post high school to actually take a snap, it could of been drop dropped or tipped passes...there are any number of reasons INTs can drop. Also I could be wrong, I am plenty, but if I remember correctly Nick Marshall set all kinds of Georgia state high school passing records. So... no, Gus and Lashlee didnt just teach him to throw the ball.

I truly think the bigger issue is the fact fact they offered JF3 over Jerrod Evans in the first place.

I have wondered if JF3 was Damian Craig's FU to Gus.  It's hard to imagine a situation where DC wasn't in Gus's ear to sign this kid. JF3 shows flashes, but who knows how he acts, practices, etc. behind the scenes. When they zoomed in on the sideline yesterday and Gus was instructing him, it appeared that JF3 wasn't buying what Gus was saying. We do not have a QB(other than a completely healthy Sean) or depth and need to sign some immediate help. I am hoping Tyler Queen can get healthy.  I have followed him since his 10th grade season and the kid could play! If Sean and TQ are both injured and won't contribute, then WB and a JUCO are our only hope.  I am proud of this team.  When I walked out of Jordan Hare after the Clemson game, I didn't think this team would win 5 games. Although I would prefer to win them all, we over achieved according to most of the talking heads before the season and looked almost unbeatable when we were healthy. I am not as down on the coaching staff as most. I do wish Gus would cut out some of the cute stuff, but we know that is his MO. The only constant that Auburn has had in it's history in playing for and winning the Nati is GUS! I think you will see a new OC next year and hopefully we will sign a top rate QB.         

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I have wondered if JF3 was Damian Craig's FU to Gus.  It's hard to imagine a situation where DC wasn't in Gus's ear to sign this kid. JF3 shows flashes, but who knows how he acts, practices, etc. behind the scenes. When they zoomed in on the sideline yesterday and Gus was instructing him, it appeared that JF3 wasn't buying what Gus was saying. We do not have a QB(other than a completely healthy Sean) or depth and need to sign some immediate help. I am hoping Tyler Queen can get healthy.  I have followed him since his 10th grade season and the kid could play! If Sean and TQ are both injured and won't contribute, then WB and a JUCO are our only hope.  I am proud of this team.  When I walked out of Jordan Hare after the Clemson game, I didn't think this team would win 5 games. Although I would prefer to win them all, we over achieved according to most of the talking heads before the season and looked almost unbeatable when we were healthy. I am not as down on the coaching staff as most. I do wish Gus would cut out some of the cute stuff, but we know that is his MO. The only constant that Auburn has had in it's history in playing for and winning the Nati is GUS! I think you will see a new OC next year and hopefully we will sign a top rate QB.         

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? 

20 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

Are you serious? I am pretty sure one of the reasons CDC left was because he had not input on the offensive end, specifically QBs. BTW, he is a great recruiter, as you can tell by our WR class from last year. I imagine, if he was in charge of QBs, we wouldn't be missing out on our top targets either from that department. I am not saying CDC would not like JF3, but he also recruited some guy named Jameis Winston.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Are you serious? I am pretty sure one of the reasons CDC left was because he had not input on the offensive end, specifically QBs. BTW, he is a great recruiter, as you can tell by our WR class from last year. I imagine, if he was in charge of QBs, we wouldn't be missing out on our top targets either from that department.

Exactly

32 minutes ago, DAG said:

Are you serious? I am pretty sure one of the reasons CDC left was because he had not input on the offensive end, specifically QBs. BTW, he is a great recruiter, as you can tell by our WR class from last year. I imagine, if he was in charge of QBs, we wouldn't be missing out on our top targets either from that department. I am not saying CDC would not like JF3, but he also recruited some guy named Jameis Winston.

The entire I'm going to set Auburn up with a suck qb conspiracy thing is...amusing to say the least? Lashlee came and offered him. What did Gus not even look at the guy? He just said whoever you tell me that can run my offense I'm going with!  And if it was so serious with sabotage why not get the wr recruits to follow him to lsu? Like you said if they had sent him out to get somebody good we probably would have them. I think he was probably trying to get them to get Jackson since he was a Florida guy.

And if anything as far as the sidelines the most you could say about jf3 is he looked confused and judging by Lashlee Gus was confused. No matter what jf3 will not be accepted at this school. He just came at a bad time

I can't imagine how frustrated the WRs must be. Stevens led us with 29 catches and he's not in the top 30 in receptions in the SEC. Hard to imagine how frustrated a lot of our offense is right now. 

I think Gus could line Carlson up at qb he gets hit hurts his leg and you all will still say it's ok and then you all will still try to dictate what should be talked about on the board and what shouldn't

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

I have no idea what offense he was supposed to run...just saw his results in half #1 versus the other guy in half #2.....   

And overall it continues to amaze me that the guy who got credit over Chiz for the BCS championship and then took an unknown team to another BCS championship game is now considered incompetent to coach.  

I THINK, and it's only my two cents, that, in the time since our NC and our NC run, other coaches have figured CGM's MO out. There have been some "gurus" added to other programs that have leveled the playing field. I THINK a good percentage of even us, from the novice to the knowledgeable, have figured CGM's MO out.

A system that needs an exact QB makeup will run on four cylinders every time that exact QB exists to be fought for, signed, and developed in the recruitment battle, and we face stiff competitors there.  And that's just one of the interminal variables...injuries, team cohesion, schedule, etc.

NOTHING stays new forever. NOTHING remains a mystery indefinitely. Change is life. RISK to grow and change for the better is crucial. What exactly of genuine value has changed on the offensive side of the equation in this time period we're discussing? What may need to change is up for debate, with some solutions being more practical than others, but the need for change of some sort, requiring introspection, courage, accountability, and prayer from the PTB should be obvious. Unfortunately. :sad2:#toratruthbeforetorasunshine

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol at people saying he had his chance. Other qb's get that on missed throws and everybody says bad pass got to make that next time....this dude got one pass attempt that was dropped and this board was all over him.

It's pretty shameful when the board congregates together on a certain notion because they never change from the stance.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I can't imagine how frustrated the WRs must be. Stevens led us with 29 catches and he's not in the top 30 in receptions in the SEC. Hard to imagine how frustrated a lot of our offense is right now. 

when you put 1 quarterback out there to strictly throw and the other to run while giving the defense a substitution you basically set the offense up for failure.   telegraphing and creating a matchup issue. 

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

when you put 1 quarterback out there to strictly throw and the other to run while giving the defense a substitution you basically set the offense up for failure.   telegraphing and creating a matchup issue. 

True but when you don't have a serious passing threat and not even one fully healthy RB, the O is not going to have a good day....which was our situation yesterday.  KP gave it shot and KJ has not been 100% most of the season.

Exactly right ToraGirl. You see it all over the country. Teams that are running this kind of offense are not as successful with it as they were a few years ago. DCs are not stupid and defensive strategies do adapt.

The reality is, there are only two ways to attain the top level in any team sport and sustain it over time. The first is to have one or two truly magnificent players who can individually disrupt opponents' efforts and carry the team. That's a Cam Newton + Nick Fairly kind of team. The second is enough superior talent in key roles, especially in unfamiliar schemes that make it possible to overwhelm other teams' players in critical ways. That was Marshall, Robinson, Prosch, Mason kind of team.

Yes, a new, unorthodox scheme can be successful for a short span, but if you don't have talent of the first or second sort, it will not be sustained over time.  

Reality Check #1 -- JF3 is no Cam Newton, and this team does not have the combined talent around him that Nick Marshall had. Given the talent level and injuries on this team, I'm not going to pretend I'm a smarter football coach than CGM.  

Reality Check #2 -- before this season began, most people figured that an 8-4 regular season would be a reasonable improvement. Before the season began, most Auburn fans would have happily greeted the possibility of a 9 win season. Should Auburn have beaten UGA? Yep. But most people figured before the season that Auburn would lose to LSU and most likely to Ole Miss and UGA as well as Bama.

Am I happy with the outcome of the last 2 games? Of course not. I want Auburn to win every game, every year! But I'm not going to wallow around in anger and self pity. Time to move on and try to be better next year.

I think Woody is just frustrated. I think he will give SW a run for the starting QB next year. I don't think SW did enough this year to have a lock on it.  If JFIII can't beat out JJ then who cares if he leaves.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not all (former) players are unhappy, and still fully support Auburn:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Panthers/status/802960644672782338

News flash: You can be unhappy and and disgusted by Gus & Co while still fully supporting Auburn

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not all (former) players are unhappy, and still fully support Auburn:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Panthers/status/802960644672782338

Cam interested in taking a Panther-break and putting a little QB-recruitment, development, and motivation in on the Plains, hmmm?  A Master's degree would look good on his resume, too.  While we are having some wishful thinking moments...

1 minute ago, selias said:

News flash: You can be unhappy and and disgusted by Gus & Co while still fully supporting Auburn

Thanks Captain Obvious.  What would we ever do without your positive outlooks this season.  

And I doubt Cam is unhappy with Gus considering what Gus did for him and their body language whenever they reunite.  

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks Captain Obvious.  What would we ever do without your positive outlooks this season.  

And I doubt Cam is unhappy with Gus considering what Gus did for him and their body language whenever they reunite.  

I've been positive when warranted. I was extremely happy with our defensive play this year.

24 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Cam interested in taking a Panther-break and putting a little QB-recruitment, development, and motivation in on the Plains, hmmm?  A Master's degree would look good on his resume, too.  While we are having some wishful thinking moments...

Love to see him on campus again.  But, not even Cam can coach a player to be 6'6", two fifty, and a 4.5.

If JF3 isn't happy, AAMU would be glad to take him. We have an open spot. 

Did anybody see what Grambling did with the Ole Miss 3rd string transfer? 1st team all conference and on his way to a conference title and a degree. 

Some guys are better off in FCS land. Remember Kelcy Luke?

21 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

How did he have a chance to shine? 1. Vandy was whopping us up with their offense and 2. He threw 4 times 2 completed..1 drop. His play in the Vandy game is overly exaggerated. 

His play was so ineffective that he was benched in the 2nd half for an injured Sean White.  He also had ball control issues in that game.  Auburn likely would have lost had White not played.  

6 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well this has been an entertaining thread it will more then likely carry on for the next 12 months

Well it's practically December....

Got the all off-season to keep this misery going. 

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

I think Woody is just frustrated. I think he will give SW a run for the starting QB next year. I don't think SW did enough this year to have a lock on it.  If JFIII can't beat out JJ then who cares if he leaves.

Hopefully we'll have a decent qb coach to coach him up, word on the street is he needs lots of work. 

Archived