U N Climate Chief comes correct

TheBlueVue

On 12/8/2016 at 3:18 PM, homersapien said:

You have reservations because you don't understand the science.  This leads you to simply reject it because of the implications it represents.

Your last sentence is just flat out totally wrong.  There is a huge body of generally accepted scientific research that supports the theory.  Huuuge.

And you might keep in mind the science exists independently of the recommended actions.  You integrate them because the recommended actions scare you.  As an inherent conservative you are adverse to change and cannot see the opportunity in it. 

Well, the difference between me and you is I dont buy it, any of it,  and you do hook line and sinker. Anything put together ,Paris Climate Accord, by Cameron, Hollande, Merkel, Renzi and Obama I DO NOT trust. I am ALL for change that is has sanity as its premise. it is insane IMO to ruin careers and lives over computer model theories in the name of politics especially when all the apocalyptic deadlines made by the climate alarmists have come and gone and nothing they predicted actually happened. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

One thing about science is that even if you don't want to understand it, it's still true.   

:roflol: 

" Science " isn't " true ", Einstein. It is merely a tool by which we try to understand the natural world. So much wrong with what you are saying, I don't have the time to unpack it for you. 

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

" Science " isn't " true ", Einstein. It is merely a tool by which we try to understand the natural world. So much wrong with what you are saying, I don't have the time to unpack it for you. 

How about any of it?  Seems like an arrogant and disingenuous refusal to participate in discussion.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

How about any of it?  Seems like an arrogant and disingenuous refusal to participate in discussion.

Would you argue that Einstein was wrong in his statement? Just curious.

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

" Science " isn't " true ", Einstein. It is merely a tool by which we try to understand the natural world. 

That's me participating.

10 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Well, the difference between me and you is I dont buy it, any of it,  and you do hook line and sinker. Anything put together ,Paris Climate Accord, by Cameron, Hollande, Merkel, Renzi and Obama I DO NOT trust. I am ALL for change that is has sanity as its premise. it is insane IMO to ruin careers and lives over computer model theories in the name of politics especially when all the apocalyptic deadlines made by the climate alarmists have come and gone and nothing they predicted actually happened. 

That's funny.  You were just citing the "enthusiasm of business leaders" as a reliable indicator of the coming economic prosperity.

That's funny.  You were just citing the "enthusiasm of business leaders" as a reliable indicator of the coming economic prosperity.

What has that post got to do with business leaders? What am I missing? Do you still not actually read what I post and respond to what you think I post?

2 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

I think anyone who ignores, minimizes, refuses to recognize Einsteins's brilliance is a fool.  Politics can do that to you.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

I think anyone who ignores, minimizes, refuses to recognize Einsteins's brilliance is a fool.  Politics can do that to you.

So we agree..homie is a fool.

1 minute ago, TheBlueVue said:

What has that post got to do with business leaders? What am I missing? Do you still not actually read what I post and respond to what you think I post?

Well, I think it shows how willing you are to accept the politically pleasing information and, deny what is not politically pleasing.

5 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

- to clarify, I wasn't QUOTING Albert Einstein. I was mockingly calling homer " Einstein " because of his false comment about science. 

Now back to the thread. 

Well, I think it shows how willing you are to accept the politically pleasing information and, deny what is not politically pleasing.

What has it got to do with business leaders and, what has what you think got to do with what I posted?

Just now, TheBlueVue said:

No.  That is ridiculous.  He is never a fool?  He is always a fool?  Those are arguments for fools.  You will have to argue that one by yourself.

What has it got to do with business leaders and, what has what you think got to do with what I posted?

Read my post/explanation.  It is concise and clear.

No.  That is ridiculous.  He is never a fool?  He is always a fool?  Those are arguments for fools.  You will have to argue that one by yourself.

Still waiting for you to enlighten me on what my posted resoinse to homie has to do with business leaders's optimism. I was making a joke about homie but you've never had a perceptible sense of humor.

Read my post/explanation.  It is concise and clear.

No it isn't. Business leaders were not mentioned nor was anything relating to them. I referred to acting on flimsy models that could eventually ruin careers and lives. It seems you're confusing what I posted with something you wish i had.

No it isn't. Business leaders were not mentioned nor was anything relating to them. I referred to acting on flimsy models that could eventually ruin careers and lives. It seems you're confusing what I posted with something you wish i had.

Okay.  Your refusal or inability to understand is accepted.

Okay.  Your refusal or inability to understand is accepted.

HA! I can tell you and Tex matriculated at the same asylum of denial. You posted something totally unrelated to my post and instead of admitting it you doubled down. Im shocked I tell you- totally shocked!

2 hours ago, TheBlueVue said:

Oh, I completely understand your position.  You don't have to keep stating it.  Especially without supporting evidence.

You don't "buy it" because:

1. You don't understand the science. (That's not really a personal criticism, most people don't, which is a reflection scientific literacy in our country.)
  2. You have an overwhelming psychological and/or doctrinal belief that prevents you from accepting the science. Not understanding it makes this particularly easy to to. 

And it's not "insane" to advocate for change to order to avoid environmental disaster.  This doesn't have to "ruin" lives and careers.  In fact it will provide opportunities for lives and careers.  And I can assure you, the environmental disaster that will come if we continue to use carbon-based energy will affect a lot more lives and careers than making the change will.  And it will happen before we use it up, so simply running out is not going to save us either. 

Finally I suggest you expand your understanding of how much support AGW theory has.  Divert your attention from the political proponents of change and focus on the support the science has.

This would be a good place to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change

3 hours ago, AURaptor said:

And how is that understanding expressed?  In conclusions, theories and laws.

Are you suggesting the scientific process has never led to conclusions about the natural world?

And please, unpack all my errors.  I would love to hear your critical analysis. 

" Science " isn't " true ", Einstein. It is merely a tool by which we try to understand the natural world. 

That's me participating.

He was obviously referring to the " So much wrong with what you are saying, I don't have the time to unpack it for you" part of your post.  You can tell because he HIGHLIGHTED IT.

You just cannot participate in a discussion without resorting to weaseling misdirection and lying.

3 hours ago, TheBlueVue said:

You are as bad of a weasel as Raptor.

I have said nothing about Einstein, even though he was wrong about the nature quantum mechanics.

3 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Its 'The Weasel Way' - his personal code of ethics.

- to clarify, I wasn't QUOTING Albert Einstein. I was mockingly calling homer " Einstein " because of his false comment about science. 

Now back to the thread. 

There was nothing false about my comment.  Science is actually more commonly used to refer to it's conclusions as opposed to process.

I am gratified you know that science is a process though.  That suggests you aren't completely ignorant of the subject, which suggests we can have a rational discussion about it.

Let's start with the errors of my statements you were hesitant to unpack.  I've got the time and it's quite apparent that you do.  So start with the first...

3 hours ago, TheBlueVue said:

Still waiting for you to enlighten me on what my posted resoinse to homie has to do with business leaders's optimism. I was making a joke about homie but you've never had a perceptible sense of humor.

Well, sense you apparently put more faith in business leaders than scientists, here's some insight as to how many of them feel about AGW:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/business/energy-environment/business-leaders-support-steps-to-rescue-climate.html?_r=0 

Business Leaders Support Steps to Rescue Climate

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/11/open-letter-from-ceos-to-world-leaders-urging-climate-action/

Open letter from CEOs to world leaders urging climate action

http://www.c2es.org/international/key-country-policies/world-economic-forum

World Economic Forum Business Leaders Support Action on Climate Change

https://democrats-foreignaffairs.house.gov/news/press-releases/dear-colleague-business-leaders-support-action-climate-change-accenture-ceo

Dear Colleague: Business Leaders Support Action on Climate Change - Accenture CEO Report

https://newsroom.accenture.com/news/majority-of-business-leaders-call-for-a-climate-change-agreement-in-paris-to-support-private-sector-investment-finds-un-global-compact-accenture-ceo-study.htm

Majority of Business Leaders Call for a Climate Change Agreement in Paris to Support Private Sector Investment, Finds UN Global Compact-Accenture CEO Study

Archived