2017 CFP Championship thread

aujeff11

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Why the Big bad wolf is dead?

Not yet, their pride may be hurt, but that beast is not dead.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Related image    Related image

Life, can be stranger than fiction.

On 1/7/2017 at 0:34 PM, aujeff11 said:

We can do predictions and  pre-game analysis and then make it the game thread on Monday.

NOOO!!! I haven't been around in a couple of years and didn't realize I was too late this year for the pick 'em on the football forum. It came up blank the first time so I edited the frame and inserted the score again. Of course, it doesn't show now. My pick: Clemson 35 bammners 31.

Just now, WeagleAU said:

I wonder if lame kitten is sitting in Florida right now having a little chuckle 

:yes: *like*

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Jeez, jumping the gun aren't we

YOU GALS??? lol

1 minute ago, Never2Yield said:

Not yet, their pride may be hurt, but that beast is not dead.

No doubt. At least the Big bad wolves on defense will be leaving

12 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

You know how many call bammer gets away with?  Karma is a b...

I'm not sure how the rule works, but if you watch the replay the Alabama player engages the Clemson receiver by reaching out and grabbing him. The guy covering 13 never touched the Clemson guy. Yes, he helped shield the guy off his player, but I thought an illegal pic play required a defender intentionally physically knocking a defender off of a receiver. I don't think it was a penalty at all. 

There is no rule that every receiver has to run a route designed for a successful catch. 

7 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

I wonder if lame kitten is sitting in Florida right now having a little chuckle

⬇️⬇️⬇️

I thought Sark called a good enough game to win. They had the lead with 2 minutes left after losing their best offensive player to injury and Hurts missing on big throws all night. Not defending Saban, but this game wasn't on Sarkisian, in my opinion. Their game plan was going to be Scarborough in the second half. They needed their defense to win the game, and Watson prevailed. At least, that's the way I saw it. 

5 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

I'm not sure how the rule works, but if you watch the replay the Alabama player engages the Clemson receiver by reaching out and grabbing him. The guy covering 13 never touched the Clemson guy. Yes, he helped shield the guy off his player, but I thought an illegal pic play required a defender intentionally physically knocking a defender off of a receiver. I don't think it was a penalty at all. 

There is no rule that every receiver has to run a route designed for a successful catch. 

I agree.  I don't see a penalty either

Just now, milehighfan said:

Believe it or not Malzahn predicted Clemson to win, mainly because Kiffin was let go the week before. Gus proved to be prophetic.

If only he could predict more wins for Auburn

8 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Yep, the turds just tackled the receiver. That was not a rub. It didn't get to develop. 

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Believe it or not Malzahn predicted Clemson to win, mainly because Kiffin was let go the week before. Gus proved to be prophetic.

Don't need Gus to be prophetic, just need him to win games and championships at Auburn.

You see what a accurate dual threat qb can do to Bama's defense.  That is the winning formula.  I will say that if Hurts does not get better at throwing the ball, I don't see Bama doing as well next year.  Defense carried their team this year.  1 Second seems to always kill Bama.

I always have thought Lane Kiffin better OC and play caller and SARK better head coach.

Archived