aujeff11

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I looked he is a senior.

It's all good. ;)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Right. Like I said they have been everything we were supposed to be....

I agree. The horrendous MISSES at Qb have set us back a few years.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I looked he is a senior.

Gotcha. He gone. 

Good thing is we got those LBs this year that usually end on their side. Possibly because they're stacked but we are finally building our LB position

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Gotcha. He gone. 

Good thing is we got those LBs this year that usually end on their side. Possibly because they're stacked but we are finally building our LB position

Moultry is the best LB in state and he is coming our way. That never usually happens. TWILL AFFECT!

Just now, milehighfan said:

I am certainly glad of the linebacking crew we have now and the ones we have coming in. I certainly hope this trend continues.

I think it will as long as we can keep Twill around.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree. The horrendous MISSES at Qb have set us back a few years.

More than that. They evaluated talent better than us across the board. They called a much better game than over 80% of our games. In the red zone they threw to their big wr, no wildcat, they ran screens, they ran slants, they passed some on first downs, you couldn't call out every offensive play, they recruit, they literally offer the EXACT same thing we do to recruits.....

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

More than that. They evaluated talent better than us across the board. They called a much better game than over 80% of our games. In the red zone they threw to their big wr, no wildcat, they ran screens, they ran slants, they passed some on first downs, you couldn't call out every offensive play, they recruit, they literally offer the EXACT same thing we do to recruits.....

All of that is true. Its just to late for me to go on another passionate anti gus rant tonight but you nailed it.........sadly.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

So our money isn't good enough? :dunno:

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I remember people saying Gus could adapt his offense to any QB. How many of you out there believe that crapola?

So on the game tonight... I was very impressed with Venables' D. I liked that he brought pressure with some more agile defenders as the game went on to better contain Hurts. Also, Clemson defenders played well all night against Alabama's screen game. Also, Boulware was impressive and Mike Williams--my Lord--looked every bit the best WR in the country tonight.

Had to work early and went to bed after the third quarter.( Why does ESPN schedule the big games so late?) I'm very impressed in DW. Huge fan of his. Hope he does very well in the pros. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

bammers are slamming their qb on Facebook. Just scored 31 points with no turnovers?

He was a liability but they need to understand he is only a true freshman. He completed a third of his passes and roughly 50% of his total passing yards came on one 68 yard play. He is still a true freshman playing on the biggest stage. They should be blaming Saban for firing Kiffin with one week to play in the CFP.

3 hours ago, AUTUmike said:

So on the game tonight... I was very impressed with Venables' D. I liked that he brought pressure with some more agile defenders as the game went on to better contain Hurts. Also, Clemson defenders played well all night against Alabama's screen game. Also, Boulware was impressive and Mike Williams--my Lord--looked every bit the best WR in the country tonight.

I' would like to have Venables on board some day. Unfortunutely, he probably will h=be working across the state w. Dabs unless he gets a nice offer as a head coach,

54 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

He was a liability but they need to understand he is only a true freshman. He completed a third of his passes and roughly 50% of his total passing yards came on one 68 yard play. He is still a true freshman playing on the biggest stage. They should be blaming Saban for firing Kiffin with one week to play in the CFP.

Jeff, I basically agree with your opinions; however Hurts is a MUCH better runner than a passer at this stage. The fact he can generally hit an open receiver should at least provide some comfort to the bojos as per his potential in throwing the ball. He will require good coaching and a lot of film study in the off season.

Rumor is that Kiffin was calling actually the plays a nd Sark just relaying them to the QB...

7 hours ago, WarEagleChemE said:

Man, I'm sure glad we passed on Deshaun Watson :-\

Don't think we passed on DW,think he passed on us.Does make you wonder what might have been if Gus could have sealed the deal and he had came to Auburn.

Just read that Alabama DB Hootie Jones thought that they refs were against them. I guess there truly is a first time for everything. Must have been a shock to their system to see flags thrown for holding go against them. I think they got away with a targeting penalty against Mike Williams. Basically they aren't used to penalties being called on even ground. 

Clemson D was not great...just did enough to get by and let the O win it....reminds me of AU in 2010.....a special QB to carry the team.

27 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

They think they're entitled to championships.

All year been cussing Kiffen " run the damn ball" now cussing their 18 year old qb cause he can't pass. 

57 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Don't think we passed on DW,think he passed on us.Does make you wonder what might have been if Gus could have sealed the deal and he had came to Auburn.

This. We wanted DW very badly. You can see why.

Archived