2017 CFP Championship thread

aujeff11

Just now, WarEagleChemE said:

Man, I'm sure glad we passed on Deshaun Watson :-\

We did not pass. He simply passed on us. Outworked for him.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

The SEC network is in total meltdown right now 

Ugh.  I'm in Minnesota right now and can't watch.  Crap.  

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

So who do the turds lose on defense?

a better question is who do they replace them with? off the top of my head they lose Ryan anderson (main reason yeldon flipped), jonathan allen, radio rueben foster, tim williams, eddie jackson and I am probaly forgetting some.

4 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Ugh.  I'm in Minnesota right now and can't watch.  Crap.  

Tell PJ Fleck we will see him in a few years as our next head coach!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tell PJ Fleck we will see him in a few years as our next head coach!

Wrong town, but if I see him I'll give him a big War Eagle.  Hope we don't need him though. 

Well, Nick, this is what happens when you try to put yourself equal with the "Behr".

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

a better question is who do they replace them with? off the top of my head they lose Ryan anderson (main reason yeldon flipped), jonathan allen, radio rueben foster, tim williams, eddie jackson and I am probaly forgetting some.

Marlon Humphrey  may bail. 

The turds 26 game winning streak cAmerican to an end tonigt. Don't they open 2017 against Florida St? They could start with an 0-1 record and a two game losing streak. Hopefully, they will

Clemson has had a nice 6 year run with Tahj Boyd to Deshaun Watson. that is solely the reason for their resurgence. Hopefully we play their barrett trotter at clemson next season.

Just now, milehighfan said:

I guess they're not the best team money can buy.

Still might be, not sure how Clemson has built their team.

49 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

How does he get away with firing his OC the week of the national championship???  That's what total autonomy will get you.  And he replaced him with an analyst who was restricted from coaching during the season.  What a crock on every level.

Ego

3 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

Still might be, not sure how Clemson has built their team.

Slowly and surely...they stuck with Dabo and it paid off....he is a tool but he has done a great job building that program....Venables will be HC somewhere in 2018

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is Reuben a senior? If not I could see one junior or two sticking around. They always pay one or two to stay that are usually head scratchers

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Slowly and surely...they stuck with Dabo and it paid off....he is a tool but he has done a great job building that program....Venables will be HC somewhere in 2018

Yep, Dabo is a better coach than I want to give him credit for - but I will give him credit for the win tonight over Bama! :yes:

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Is Reuben a senior? If not I could see one junior or two sticking around. They always pay one or two to stay that are usually head scratchers

I think he is a senior, was he not in the same class a Jeremy?

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

no he is not. He is a junior. I just IMO think it is a given he goes winning the butkus and I mean I think he has a couple of kids like trich who he probaly wants to start making nfl money to take care of now. Woops thought he was a JR. He is a senior. Did not know that.

Just now, cole256 said:

Clemson is everything we were supposed to be

QB man. for 6 years they have had quality qb play. dabo did not take off till tahj boyd. Also they have been WR U lately with watkins, hopkins, bryant and mike williams.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

no he is not. He is a junior. I just IMO think it is a given he goes winning the butkus and I mean I think he has a couple of kids like trich who he probaly wants to start making nfl money to take care of now.

A couple of kids?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

QB man. for 6 years they have had quality qb play. dabo did not take off till tahj boyd. Also they have been WR U lately with watkins, hopkins, bryant and mike williams.

Right. Like I said they have been everything we were supposed to be....

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

I think he is a senior, was he not in the same class a Jeremy?

Gwill says junior..well see. Money is talking so it may be Dion Hamilton or Evans turn

2 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

A couple of kids?

Yah I believe he has a couple of kids like rent richardson had in college.

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Gwill says junior..well see. Money is talking so it may be Dion Hamilton or Evans turn

I looked he is a senior.

Archived