The cause of most bankruptcy

TexasTiger

Sorry I hit a nerve DrTom. I know there are alot of good docs out there. The problem is that there are plenty of horrible ones too.

IMO medicine suffers from what many things suffer from in our capitalist society(I like capitalism). The need to produce large amounts of revenue to sustain their business. Too many quick cures equal too little revenue. If you are a good doctor, no problem, you'll have plenty of work no matter what. If you're a bad or so so one then.........

Cholesterol is one perfect example. There are many doctors who will rush to put you on cholesterol meds if you are even near 200 on your totals. Then there are some who say that they wouldn't even worry if it went over 250 unless it went way over.

One thing for sure is that we live in the age of over doctoring in many cases. I guess the most important thing is to choose your doctor carefully because there are plenty of quacks out there.

I'll bet you heard this one before:

Q: What do you call the guy who graduated last in his class in Medical School?

A: Doctor. :lol:

P.S. Are you saying that back surgeries and abdominal ones aren't two of the most unnecessarily performed surgeries?

P.S. Are you saying that back surgeries and abdominal ones aren't two of the most unnecessarily performed surgeries?

144665[/snapback]

How about nose jobs and breast implants?

;)

My father goes to a chiropractor on a regular basis. He has had slipped disks over the years. He is doing everything possible to avoid having back surgery.

Back surgery does help some, but it can sometimes amke you worse.

I could be wrong, but back surgeries have only about a 60-65% success rate.

One procedure that my dad's doctor reccommened involved a small incision rather than a major full fledge surgery.

The thing is under BCBS of Ala, it's considered experimental. Yet, in every surrounding state: Georgia, Tenn, Miss, and Florida, the procedure is covered. My father and his doctor have written letters to the insurance company to cover it, but both attempts failed. The procedure has a higher success rate than the typical back surgery.

A good chiropractor is worth his/her weight in gold. I really like the approach they take. From what I have heard (from my chiropractor so grain of salt needed) there are now some neurologists who are beginning to recommend chiropractic treatment and are doing adjustments themselves in some cases.

In my uneducated opinion back care is where traditional medicine has really dropped the ball in many cases. Go to the doc with a back problem and about the only thing many of them offer are muscle relaxers or surgery. Chiropractors are the opposite. They resist drugs if at all possible. If you were ever helped by a good chiropractor like I was, you would see the light. A good cp will tell you if he/she can't help you and you should see a regular doctor. They are just like other doctors though, if you get a bad one :o . I've seen 4 chiropractors in my life. Two were not good imo. A lady in atl. cured my back problem ( Two vertabrae stuck together) after about 4-5 visits. When those babies finally let loose it sounded like a 2 by 4 breaking. I now go 2-4 times a year just for maintanance.

You rascal. :angry:   :lol:

Nose jobs maybe. However, you can never have enough big teets in this world :lol:

144678[/snapback]

Don't object to the size. Just the cartoonish quality most of the fake ones have. :blink:

Girls with no boobs shouldn't go for the d cup. Thats cartoonish. IMO girls with average size breasts shouldn't get a job unless they want to correct sagging or something like that. If they do get one they can go for the bigger sizes. There are limits for evertything though. I saw a plastic surgeon on tv say some want them so big they have to put two implants on each boob :o . To each their own I guess.

Archived