Softball vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Also, AU doesn't have that type of strike out pitcher. They have always been a "pitch to contact" team and relying on the defense by not throwing stuff that's easy to hit hard.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Also, AU doesn't have that type of strike out pitcher. They have always been a "pitch to contact" team and relying on the defense by not throwing stuff that's easy to hit hard.

Yup. To use a baseball analogy this is a 90s Braves type of staff minus the power from Smoltzy.

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wallace grounds out to end the inning. No runs. 2 left on. 1-0 AU going to the bottom of the 2nd.

While I love love love Wallace - she's very much an all-or-nothing hitter. :/

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

While I love love love Wallace - she's very much an all-or-nothing hitter. :/

What exactly does that mean? She either gets on or gets out? She gets a home run or strikes out?

OU has their first runner at 2nd. Thought Martin got squeezed again on that pitch set, especially the ball that Wallace through down to first, that looked like a strike.

Big out! Good going for Martin so far. Only that one bad pitch that was just a hard liner. Everything that OU is hitting so far are pitches that aren't in great spots to drive them.

1 minute ago, Grumps said:

What exactly does that mean? She either gets on or gets out? She gets a home run or strikes out?

Was wondering the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Grumps said:

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was wondering the same thing.

I might be thinking more post-season play, but she has a big swing that tends to pop up/out more often than getting her on base. Granted, her stats tend to say otherwise so maybe I just have a bad memory. lol

1 minute ago, Linayus said:

I might be thinking more post-season play, but she has a big swing that tends to pop up/out more often than getting her on base. Granted, her stats tend to say otherwise so maybe I just have a bad memory. lol

She has an extensive slump 1 point last year but overall she's been consistent, especially with runners on.

Archived