Shepard Smith

alexava

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yeah, he came out of the closet back in October.

I guess when someone comes out and no one remembers then there are a couple of possible reasons. A- no one cares or B- enough people have come out that it's just not news anymore. Then there's the very real possibility that it's both A and B. 

Some folks apparently don't know Fox very well...he is not the only one and there is more diversity than the Fox haters realize..they just aren't in your face about it like some others.  It isn't and should not be a factor in how  the news and commentary is presented.

I don't understand why it is necessary to come "out" anyway....just be professional and do the job.

Old news. Shepard Smith comes across as more honest than most "news" hosts. He gives me the feeling that he wants to be honest and do a good job.

I saw on Fox News a couple of years ago a live high-speed chase. A helicopter was filming the chase. The people at Fox were watching the same feed they were showing (with the few second delay). The should have been watching the actual live feed. At the end of the chase, the driver got out of his car. He was waving a pistol and had a very wild-eyed look in his eyes. I told my wife to look away. The guy put the gun to his head and killed himself. Then they went to commercial. Shepard Smith came back and gave the best on-air apology I have ever heard. He explained the mistake and seemed genuinely horrified at their mistake and vowed that it would never happen again. I admire the way he handled it.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Some folks apparently don't know Fox very well...he is not the only one and there is more diversity than the Fox haters realize..they just aren't in your face about it like some others.  It isn't and should not be a factor in how  the news and commentary is presented.

I don't understand why it is necessary to come "out" anyway....just be professional and do the job.

Yeah, gays at Fox know their place.

51 minutes ago, homersapien said:

At least they are not getting harassed. 

On 5/13/2017 at 7:49 AM, RunInRed said:

Honestly, who cares?  Why is this even a big deal in 2017?

I don't think it was really about Shep being gay, but rather being gay at Fox News.  Evidently because Fox News is the center of all that is evil, it was expected that they all sit around smoking stogeys, telling gay jokes and planning their next Hannity hit piece on the LBGT community.

33 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I don't think it was really about Shep being gay, but rather being gay at Fox News.  Evidently because Fox News is the center of all that is evil, it was expected that they all sit around smoking stogeys, telling gay jokes and planning their next Hannity hit piece on the LBGT community.

Gotcha.  Although, he may be in rare company at Fox but certainly not across the landscape ...

Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, Robin Roberts, Nate Silver, Don Lemon, Steve Kornacki, Thomas Roberts, among others ...

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Probably so .

Looks like Shep is being held captive in a small TV studio in New York and forced to read the 3 PM propaganda report each day.   Otherwise he is only allowed an occasional outing to see his beloved Ole Miss Rebels  play football or basketball.

He was outed at least 3 years ago by his LBGT "friends" and has had plenty of opportunities to escape. How much longer can this go on...though he looked pretty healthy and happy when I saw him earlier today...:dunno:

Archived