Chick-fil-A is still bankrolling anti-LGBTQ causes

Auburn85

50 minutes ago, lost said:

Look Homosapien

I private messaged you and i asked you to remember this is an Auburn site and we are both Auburn fans.  I ask you to respect me as one.  That does not mean we have to agree, or we can not be at odds, but the trolling needs to stop.  It just does not need to happen on this site.  If we can not come here and have a good time and respect each other, where can we go?  Come on man!

I am not trolling.   I was/am sincere.  Like I said, I like to play hardball.  

Look, this forum is set up for anonymous participation, which is a deliberate way of promoting discussions that consist of what one really thinks.  Unlike face-to-face discussions or social situations, there are no constraints on expresssing one's real opinion.

Granted, many people are prone to abusing that freedom in both substance or style - and being an arrogant, bitter old man - that sometimes includes me.

But a forum that can accomodates honest thought - more or less without restrictions - is a great place IMO.  It's entertaining  - not to mention therapeutic.  To me, that's a "good time".  Even if the exchanges get sharp.  Maybe especially when the exchanges get sharp.  Hard ball.  Full contact.

I respect everyone here as an Auburn fan. In fact, I am often dismayed about the rancor that is often exhibited between Auburn fans talking about sports in the sports forums!  Football opinons (for example) - not matter how bad - don't merit personal insults.  To me, they seem out of place to me in that forum.

But this is the political forum.  And like it or not, religion is a subset of politics. I respect other's right to believe whatever, but on this forum, I don't feel constrained in saying what I think about it.  Ridicule comes with ridiculous arguments.

Again, I am sorry you took offense at my style, but it was "within the lines" on this forum IMO, but that's for the moderators to determine in the end.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's go back to liturgical worship.  Names the Christian churches that use it.  Leave out the baptists, pentecostals, non denomonational, and such..  You will have to go to those now that are accepting homosexuality and such-- those christian  ( the one i said are not truly Christian )

Just now, homersapien said:

I am not trolling.   I was/am sincere.  Like I said, I like to play hardball.  

Look, this forum is set up for anonymous participation, which is a deliberate way of promoting discussions that consist of what one really thinks.  There is no constraints on expresssing one's real opinion, as you naturally would in a face-to-face discussion or social situation.

Granted, many people are prone to "abuse" that freedom with both substance or style - and being and arrogant bitter old man, that sometimes includes me.  But a forum that can accomodate honest thought - more or less without restrictions - is a great place IMO.  It's very enjoyable - not to mention therapeutic.  In fact, to me, that is a "good time".  Even if the exchanges get sharp.  Maybe especially when the exchanges get sharp.  Hard ball.  Full contact.

I respect everyone here as an Auburn fan. In fact, I am often dismayed about the rancor that is often exhibited between Auburn fans talking about sports in the sports forums!  Football opinons (for example) - not matter how bad - don't merit personal insults.  To me, they seem out of place to me in that forum.

But this is the political forum.  And religion is a subset of politics, like it or not.  I respect other's right to believe whatever, but on this forum, I don't feel constrained in saying what I think about it.  Ridicule comes with ridiculous arguments.

Again, I am sorry you took offense at my style, but was within the lines on this forum.  But that's for the moderators to determine in the end.

Then i guess i need to leave. I am not going to flag you and i am not going to get in a mud flinging.  that is stupid and immature.

Just now, lost said:

Let's go back to liturgical worship.  Names the Christian churches that use it.  Leave out the baptists, pentecostals, non denomonational, and such..  You will have to go to those now that are accepting homosexuality and such-- those christian  ( the one i said are not truly Christian )

Eastern Orthodox
Various conservative Lutherans
Various conservative "high church" Methodists
Anglicans (such as the Anglican Church in North America)
Various conservative Presbyterians
Catholic
(this is just a sampling)

Each of these are denominations or churches who do not compromise on orthodox Christian teachings on sexuality and such.  

Just now, lost said:

Then i guess i need to leave.

I sincerely wish that you would show this whole discussion to someone you trust to give you an honest opinion and see if they think that your comments and tone were glorifying to God. You might be surprised at their answer.

24 minutes ago, lost said:

So i guess Jesus did too?  He never spoke against slavery, neither did the Disciples.  Neither did the early Church.  In fact you just condemned the God you serve for nowhere in the Bible does it attack any slavery,  In fact it was dominant in every society and never was addressed or taken to task.  I think you need to separate your liberal party ideas from your supposed Christianity.

:eek2:

Are you seriously defending slavery?

Are you characterising opposition to slavery as a "liberal party idea"?

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Eastern Orthodox
Various conservative Lutherans
Various conservative "high church" Methodists
Anglicans (such as the Anglican Church in North America)
Various conservative Presbyterians
Catholic
(this is just a sampling)

Each of these are denominations or churches who do not compromise on orthodox Christian teachings on sexuality and such.  

None of those do i consider to be Christian, sorry I consider them to be part of the one world church

Just now, lost said:

None of those do i consider to be Christian, sorry

You don't get to decide.  Sorry.  They are most certainly Christians.

Your arrogance is outpaced only by your ignorance.

26 minutes ago, lost said:

No it is the typical god hater answer.  I saw it every day on the al.com site from them

I wasn't talking to you and that's nonsensical at any rate.

Do you have a question?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

:eek2:

Are you seriously defending slavery?

Are you characterising opposition to slavery as a "liberal party idea"?

This forum is amazing sometimes.  Just when you think you might have seen the limits of idiocy, lunacy, and/or both, you learn that they really know no bounds.

36 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

In my many years here, that is the first time I have seen anyone suggest Titan should become a Christian.

'Lost'  is clearly a newbie.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I sincerely wish that you would show this whole discussion to someone you trust to give you an honest opinion and see if they think that your comments and tone were glorifying to God. You might be surprised at their answer.

That is the typical comment of the typical liberal.  I really do not care what a troll thinks on this site.  I do care what real people think.  So when real people come over here and want a real anwer i will be glad to give reason( as Paul said to Agrippa) for my statements

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Never has a person been so aptly named.

I always get a laugh when someone calls you a liberal.  Seeing your Christianity called into question was both hilarious and disturbing.

53 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Fourth, calling me a liberal makes you look like an idiot.

Hey, Titan.  It's all relative.

Where he's coming from, you undoubtedly do sound like a liberal.   ;D

So a site administrator has the liberty to sling the private insults like any other i see.  Let me ask Red what he thinks.

11 minutes ago, lost said:

Then i guess i need to leave. I am not going to flag you and i am not going to get in a mud flinging.  that is stupid and immature.

Well, if you can't stand the heat...... 

Just now, lost said:

So a site administrator has the liberty to sling the private insults like any other i see.  Let me ask Red what he thinks.

Knock yourself out.  I'll report it for you if you'd like.

Please do.  Report it.  Because i never called you a name

1 minute ago, lost said:

Please do.  Report it.  Because i never called you a name

Done.  Please let me know if you get the satisfaction you seek.

Just now, lost said:

I don't think you are going to find RIR siding with you, lost. 

As an outside observer, I believe you might be well served to put the keyboard down for a little while. Go grab some fresh air. I mean that sincerely. 

14 minutes ago, lost said:

None of those do i consider to be Christian, sorry I consider them to be part of the one world church

The picture keeps resolving.

This is like the Trump/Russia leaks.  ;D

14 minutes ago, lost said:

Ugh. Protestants. ;)

Between Grumps and Barnacle, lost has received some of the best (and most undeserved) advice of anyone on this forum.

Archived