Chick-fil-A is still bankrolling anti-LGBTQ causes

Auburn85

3 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Good point here Pub. To add to this, people want us Christians to be like this:noevil:, when God instructs us to be the opposite. The Bible refers to this as lukewarmness. God said in Revelations that we are to either be hot or cold; if we are lukewarm, he will spew us out of his mouth. We are to judge the sin, but judging the sinner is up to God alone. If I catch you in a sin, or you catch me in a sin we are to point it out to each other in a loving, non-judgemental way, but we are not to keep quiet about it. We are never to accept sin, or say that it's ok for any reason.

Arrgo....I very much  agree with you and Pub but won't make further comment. Talking religion on a message board is worse than trying to discuss politics in a civil manner. (LOL).

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Arrgo....I very much  agree with you and Pub but won't make further comment. Talking religion on a message board is worse than trying to discuss politics in a civil manner. (LOL).

Well, I believe that's why they separated Politically Speaking and Political Smacktalk. Sorry, but I just refuse to straddle the fence and keep quiet while people are trying to defame Christian morals,,, but----I will not have long, drawn out arguments with the heathen on here. And yes I get and appreciate your sarcasm.;)

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Well, I believe that's why they separated Politically Speaking and Political Smacktalk. Sorry, but I just refuse to straddle the fence and keep quiet while people are trying to defame Christian morals,,, but----I will not have long, drawn out arguments with the heathen on here. And yes I get and appreciate your sarcasm.;)

And just who on here is the heathen?

This is an excellent example of religious self righteousness that is exhibited when people try to point out the sins of others. As a Christian God commands you to share the gospel of Christ. Remember Jonah? He actually pouted because God didn't judge an entire city but rather chose to forgive them. 

Correcting a brother of sim is referring to people within the body who sin, not those outside the body.

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

I think naming names would be stepping over the line. Generally I will say un-Godly and let you figure it out. Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to answer your question.

32 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I think naming names would be stepping over the line. Generally I will say un-Godly and let you figure it out. Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to answer your question.

Seems to me that saying it in the first place is confrontational. 

Have you attempted to witness to any of these people you deem heathen?

33 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

This is an excellent example of religious self righteousness that is exhibited when people try to point out the sins of others. As a Christian God commands you to share the gospel of Christ. Remember Jonah? He actually pouted because God didn't judge an entire city but rather chose to forgive them. 

Correcting a brother of sim is referring to people within the body who sin, not those outside the body.

I invite you to read Matt 23:33 and Matt 12:34 tonight. The Pharisees were called out as being vipers b/c they practiced evil. You will notice they were not being talked to cordially and nicely. Being a Christian is not all about spreading the Gospel. We have standards to live by and other duties to perform while we are here.

I feel I have made my points and backed them up with the Bible. I will no longer continue this conversation. No hard feelings. Have a wonderful day.

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

Seems to me that saying it in the first place is confrontational. 

Have you attempted to witness to any of these people you deem heathen?

Yes, constantly.

32 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I invite you to read Matt 23:33 and Matt 12:34 tonight. The Pharisees were called out as being vipers b/c they practiced evil. You will notice they were not being talked to cordially and nicely. Being a Christian is not all about spreading the Gospel. We have standards to live by and other duties to perform while we are here.

I feel I have made my points and backed them up with the Bible. I will no longer continue this conversation. No hard feelings. Have a wonderful day.

The Pharisees were within the body of the church. It's pretty intersting, don't you think, that Jesus condemn them and not the woman at the well, the woman caught in adultry, the tax collector and all the other sinners he. And in contact with?

On 7/6/2017 at 6:10 PM, Auburn85 said:

The hate and bias dished out by those who accuse others of such is so telling.  T Cathy was well known here in Calhoun.  We have some local people who own a pop and mom Restaurant he always stopped and ate at and gave his endorsement of.  His formula for success is unbeatable and is why his company is blowing the doors off of every business scale, even after his death.  It is not his stand, it is his food, service and courtesy.  He loved people, and that is what his business is built on.

Now let us discuss the hate problem.  It is so telling again and that depraved people have to try to insist that others bow down to their likes or dislikes.  I mention depraved, not because of any lifestyle, or such-- It is the attitudes of seeking out and attempting by violence and media pressure to force others to submit to the minority.  The majority has always had the say and the minority has always had to adapt.  I always got to just order a hamburger( for the most part through the years) because i like mayonnaise , mustard and all ( cept the onions)--  But if you are the minority you had to order special and hope they left it off....  That is life and that is the way it has always been.  T Cathy was with the majority when asked, and he said he supported Traditional marriage...  It was the minority who attempted to blackmail him through force and it failed....  NOT T Cathy's fault....  He did not make a political statement asking for such... or attacking them after they did.  HE JUST KEPT MAKING CHICKEN SANDWICHES, PUTTING OUT THE SERVICE, AND BEING COURTEOUS ....

3 hours ago, fishm3at said:

I ate Chick-fil-A for lunch today. It was absolutely delicious.

I wanted to eat at one one on 23rd in Panama City. Drive thru traffic was backed up to the red light. Just by-passed breakfast and had a muffin.

15 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

The Pharisees were within the body of the church. It's pretty intersting, don't you think, that Jesus condemn them and not the woman at the well, the woman caught in adultry, the tax collector and all the other sinners he. And in contact with?

He called out all their sins. He did not stay quiet about any of them. That is the point.

15 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Don't you think calling them heathens waters down your witness? 

No

10 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

He called out all their sins. He did not stay quiet about any of them. That is the point.

The point is he addressed the sins of the church crowd, not the sinners, 

10 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

No

And that's the problem. You're right, they're wrong. So you can be as insulting as you like to these sinners because they sin. That's exactly the kind of attitude that gives Christianity a bad name and it in no way resembles the Christ in the Bible. 

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

And that's the problem. You're right, they're wrong. So you can be as insulting as you like to these sinners because they sin. That's exactly the kind of attitude that gives Christianity a bad name and it in no way resembles the Christ in the Bible. 

You have totally taken everything I have said out of context. Our  back and forth on this site does not put out a good example. I choose to end this conversation now.

I hope you are blessed.

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

The point is he addressed the sins of the church crowd, not the sinners, 

If you are going to quote the Bible, know the Bible.  The Pharisees were Jews, Yes.  Church--N-O!!  The Jews did not even know Jesus when he came and rejected Him and still do today( He came unto His own and His own knew Him not John 1:11) They do not accept Jesus as being the Messiah.  The Pharisees and Sadducee were Jewish cults that were so far from the old testament law at the time Jesus constantly mocked them and scorned them.  They held people to it, but did not keep it themselves.  They also had "created" their own laws---  They were not the Church.  The Church were the Disciples and the new believers..  So get it right.  They were His people, yes--  So you got that "jeer" correct.  And no offense-- NONE WHATSOEVER--  But i will be glad to introduce you to the God of the Bible should you so chose.  My email address is on here and i will be glad to talk to you.  The God of the Bible is not the God who winks at sin.  Romans 6:6 even says He nailed the old man nature to the cross that we might have freedom from it.  So His death on the cross provided freedom from those things he calls a transgression.  We are not bound-- can't chose or help ourselves-- from doing any of those things he calls an abomination.

1 hour ago, lost said:

If you are going to quote the Bible, know the Bible.  The Pharisees were Jews, Yes.  Church--N-O!!  The Jews did not even know Jesus when he came and rejected Him and still do today( He came unto His own and His own knew Him not John 1:11) They do not accept Jesus as being the Messiah.  The Pharisees and Sadducee were Jewish cults that were so far from the old testament law at the time Jesus constantly mocked them and scorned them.  They held people to it, but did not keep it themselves.  They also had "created" their own laws---  They were not the Church.  The Church were the Disciples and the new believers..  So get it right.  They were His people, yes--  So you got that "jeer" correct.  And no offense-- NONE WHATSOEVER--  But i will be glad to introduce you to the God of the Bible should you so chose.  My email address is on here and i will be glad to talk to you.  The God of the Bible is not the God who winks at sin.  Romans 6:6 even says He nailed the old man nature to the cross that we might have freedom from it.  So His death on the cross provided freedom from those things he calls a transgression.  We are not bound-- can't chose or help ourselves-- from doing any of those things he calls an abomination.

Preach it brother! :clap:

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, GiveEmElle said:

I agree with you Elle. Jesus did not command his followers to go into the world and point out peoples' sins. Paul taught that Christians should correct their brothers and sisters in Christ and should LOVE non-Christians and show them who Jesus is.

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

I agree with you Elle. Jesus did not command his followers to go into the world and point out peoples' sins. Paul taught that Christians should correct their brothers and sisters in Christ and should LOVE non-Christians and show them who Jesus is.

yeah, and when Judgement Day comes and these lost souls stand before God and they say well, I did not accept Jesus as my savior b/c people told me that Jesus loves me, but failed to point out to me that my sins would send me to Hell, so therefore I did not think there was any need for Jesus. Yall 2 are sliding on a slippery slope and don't realize it. This type of thinking is going to responsible for a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth. Please reconsider.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Good grief

What is what Charlie Brown says a lot. I'll take Peanuts Characters for 400 Alex.

20 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

yeah, and when Judgement Day comes and these lost souls stand before God and they say well, I did not accept Jesus as my savior b/c people told me that Jesus loves me, but failed to point out to me that my sins would send me to Hell, so therefore I did not think there was any need for Jesus. Yall 2 are sliding on a slippery slope and don't realize it. This type of thinking is going to responsible for a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth. Please reconsider.

Exactly. Some folks need to study Revelations,.

Archived