Ugliest Cars of All Time!

DKW 86

Souren2s.jpg

Cassini Matador, Designed by a Real Designer?

200578.gif

Pontiac Aztek

model_home.jpg

One of Emilee's Pick for ugliest.

79transam.jpg

The eyesore down the street. 1979 Trans Am, another one of Emilee's Pick for ugliest.

VXJKNKNGMM12112004192250.jpg

Another by request

My vote is for the Aztek. I actually see a good bit of those on the road. I can't fathom why anyone would want to drive one of those. Ugliest thing on the road.

f9212f9ee71738a4336a3ff18f77b85c.jpg

The French make ugly too.

230580_3.jpg

The Datsun B-210

robin.jpg

The Reliant Robin, from the UK.

amantiPhoto_main.jpg

Kia Amanti, what is that grill all about?

lx2002sc43001.jpg

Lexus SC430

1973satellite113003.jpg

Plymouth Satellite Sebring

jbeam2JPG.jpg

neighbor actually had one exactly like this.

50Stlt.jpg

1950 Studebaker Aero-Commander

trucksidefront.jpg

Dodge Rampage, why build a cruck that is FWD and can tow/haul nothing? Put an ugly front end on it to boot...

UUGLY!

The AMC Pacer, hands down!!

1976%20AMC%20Pacer%20DL%20Sport%20Coupe%20r3q.jpg

f9212f9ee71738a4336a3ff18f77b85c.jpg

The French make ugly too.

148148[/snapback]

This was the first used car I got when I came overseas in '95. I bought it for $250, and the thing ran like the wind. Never had a minutes trouble out of it. It was uglier than a lard bucket full of armpits but perfect for driving the narrow street in southern Spain.

The AMC Gremlin, without a doubt

1976_AMC_Gremlin.jpeg

148173[/snapback]

When I was a kid, our youth director had one of these. And I tell you, you can get nine boys in it at once. I was the youngest, so I had to squoosh up in the little space at the back. I think this was around 1977.

For that matter, everything Ford makes, especially the new mustang.

148178[/snapback]

You're crazy.

The new mustang is bad ass. The GT40 is RIDICULOUS. The new F150 is awesome. The Thunderbird is a cool niche vehicle...and the Explorer and Expeditions are cool too.

Numa...all I have to say is:

Old School

Mustang

Camaro

TBird

GTO

New School

Corvette

Viper

GT40

Mustang

FBody (Camaro, Firebird)

EVERY Truck thats American made looks good. (Except for that lincoln thing)

Most of your major SUV's look good (Tahoe, Suburban, Expedition)

And they all cost about a billion dollars less than their foreign counterparts.

What competes with a VIper? A Ferrari? Yeah lets compare 80k to 175k...

What about the Vette? or Mustang?

You can get a Mustang GT for 24k. 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Cant get that in a Mazda 6.

You can get a Mustang GT for 24k. 0-60 in under 5 seconds. Cant get that in a Mazda 6.

148766[/snapback]

I don't race cars...0-60 times don't mean much to me.

I care about the quality of the car and American cars, for the most part, aren't the best quality. Depreciation on American cars is pitiful. Pick up any Consumer Reports magazine and they'll tell you the same thing.

Also, I've only owned two cars in my lifetime, both being Acura/Honda. One was made completely made in Japan ('90 Acura Integra) and the other was probably assembled in the US ('02 Honda Accord). I see you've owned a LIST of American made cars...wonder why that is? ;):poke:

Have you people forgotten the Corvair??? :D:puke:

I do have to say my vote for the older models goes to the Gremlin too.

I couldn't agree more on the Honda Element for the newer models. :thumbsdown:

Also, Buick tried an SUV a few years ago. Rendevous I think. What the He%% were they thinking?

You're crazy.

The new mustang is bad ass.

Totally agree. I'm debating about getting one, but not totally sure if I'll fit in it. I sat in the base model, but it was tight, I believe the GT has seats that you can move up and down as well as forward and backwards, so that might be a better fir for me. But I love the style. Ford finally got it right.

148766[/snapback]

I don't race cars...0-60 times don't mean much to me.

I care about the quality of the car and American cars, for the most part, aren't the best quality. Depreciation on American cars is pitiful. Pick up any Consumer Reports magazine and they'll tell you the same thing.

Also, I've only owned two cars in my lifetime, both being Acura/Honda. One was made completely made in Japan ('90 Acura Integra) and the other was probably assembled in the US ('02 Honda Accord). I see you've owned a LIST of American made cars...wonder why that is? ;):poke:

149066[/snapback]

Yep, I got the 86 Grand Am in 1997...so it lasted 12-13 years before I got rid of it. As did the 89 Grand Prix. Both cars had well over 200k miles on them and when i got rid of them, it was the FIRST repair that would have been required on either car that cost more than normal maintenance.

The eclipse I had was american made. It was never in the shop. I got rid of it because I wanted a nicer and faster car.

I had a v6 mustang for 2 years, never went to the shop.

Ive had this mustang for 2 years, never had it in the shop.

I like sports cars. And in my opinion, American sports cars are where its at...unless you are buying a ferrari.

I also like Trucks and SUVs. American cars have a bad rep from back in the day. They are well made, and high quality now.

And im not just talking about 0-60. Im talking about look, design, SOUND. EVERY time some 17 year old pulls up next to me with his damn fart cannon on his civic, I want to vomit.

Sure, I could by an import that competes with my car on a 0-60 or performance scale. But itd cost 25% more.

I also have to thank Titan for reminding me of this....

If american cars suck soooo bad...why is it foreign brands that have sucked royal ass...are now good again since being taken over/partnering with american car companies?

GM: Saab

Ford: Land Rover, Jag, Volvo, Mazda

it must be the reverse for chrysler (?) or have they always sucked?

149100[/snapback]

They DO own Jeep, don't they? ;)

I also have to thank Titan for reminding me of this....

If american cars suck soooo bad...why is it foreign brands that have sucked royal ass...are now good again since being taken over/partnering with american car companies?

GM: Saab

Ford: Land Rover, Jag, Volvo, Mazda

149082[/snapback]

I don't think it's that American cars suck. It's just that overall, Japanese cars still demonstrate superior quality and reliability as measured by numerous sources from Consumer Reports to Edmunds to JD Power. Mazda's reliability was fine before Ford took over. They were just undercapitalized and dealing with behemoths Toyota, Nissan, and Honda back home.

The rest are all European car makers and I have no problem saying that American quality has outpaced Europe for quite some time now.

All that said, I'm sticking with Honda, Toyota and Nissan until further notice.

it must be the reverse for chrysler (?) or have they always sucked?

149100[/snapback]

Again, Mopar kicks ass. Dodge trucks are bad ass. Viper is amazing. For a small vehicle, the Neon SRT is sick.

And they are always coming up with cool niche vehicles: Magnum, PT Cruiser(i dont like it...but has its place), Crossfire, PROWLER.

And the new 300 is cool.

Archived