Ugliest Cars of All Time!

DKW 86

They DO own Jeep, don't they? 

ocuh, you got me!, in a bag of bad apples there is always a decent one found to eat and that would be the jeep. i owned a 95 and currently an 00 Wrangler. i admit chrsyler as improved the jeep suspension but amc is the one that saved jeep from extinction. amc was responsible for the Wrangler, CJ-7, the design of today's Grand Cherokee, Quadra-trac and a powerful inline 6.

They DO own Jeep, don't they? 

ocuh, you got me!, in a bag of bad apples there is always a decent one found to eat and that would be the jeep. i owned a 95 and currently an 00 Wrangler. i admit chrsyler as improved the jeep suspension but amc is the one that saved jeep from extinction. amc was responsible for the Wrangler, CJ-7, the design of today's Grand Cherokee, Quadra-trac and a powerful inline 6.

149295[/snapback]

I know, I'm a CJ owner, just giving you a hard time. Don't know much about the new wranglers, though, mine is a '77 CJ-7. How do you like your '00?

I guess its all a matter of preference.

Personally, if you told me youd rather have a honda freaking pilot instead of a Expedition, Tahoe, etc...id laugh until i hurt.

Subaru Forester? It looks like a station wagon.

The Lexus RX330 is nice. But its 45K...its not fair to compare it to...say...a Durango. But i sure would rather have a yukon denali than an rx330.

I do like the TL. Much better for sure...than the BMW. Although, if i were buying acura, id buy the new RL...its nice.

I can't speculate on minivans...because i dont care. But it looks like a NICE odessy costs close to 40k. Again, not fair to compare to its american counterpart.

Fun to drive ...WRX? You kidding me? Sure, not a bad car...but for 26k (or 32k for the fast one)...id MUCH rather have the MUCH faster 2005 Mustang for less money. 7k less actually.

For family sedan...i dont like accords or camrys...EVERYBODY's got one. I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have a linocln LS than either of those.

It looks to me like these guys had a closed mind when it came time to do this report. I think consumer reports also liked that ugly ass honda truck a lot too...that should tell you something.

Oh for the record...Motor Trend Car of the year? Chrysler 300M (another car id have all day long before an Accord or Camry)

Interesting note about the car of the year award:

"The 2005 Motor Trend Car of the Year competition included the following models: Acura RL, Audi A6, BMW 6 Series, Buick LaCrosse, Cadillac STS, Chevrolet Corvette, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Ford Five Hundred, Ford Mustang, Honda Accord Hybrid, Honda Odyssey, Kia Amanti, Kia Spectra, Lotus Elise, Mazda 3, Mercedes-Benz SLK, Mercury Montego, Pontiac G6, Porsche 911, Saab 9-2x, Scion tC, Subaru Legacy and Volvo S40/V50."

Motor Trend SUV of the year? Land Rover (Ford) LR3

And what about truck of the year?  :poke:

149994[/snapback]

We got tired of winning that every year...2 outta 3 aint bad. Especially if one were to listen to you talk about how american cars shouldnt even be able to drive on the same roads as imports.

Motor Trend and Consumer Reports are measuring in totally different ways. MT is more interested in raw performance, looks, features, etc. They are car enthusiasts. CR looks at some of that stuff, but they are looking at it from a little more practical point of view, thus the reliability rating weighs heavily in their decisions. CR is for people who are looking more at the total package...they probably lean more toward cost of ownership, reliability, safety ratings and the like.

Apples and oranges. I'm at a place in life (two young girls under the age of two) where CR is what I would base a buying decision on. Maybe in 20 years or if I hit the jackpot moneywise, I'll pay more attention to what a Motor Trend or Car & Driver have to say.

Personal preferences aside, it amazes me how car companies in general can put all these gadgets and upgrades and technologies etc. in cars these days but at the same time you can hardly buy an affordable compact that passes crash tests. How is that? Do air bags really cost that much that they can't come standard (front and side) these days? After all the research and engineering that's gone into building cars, why is designing a car with an effective crumple zone such a mystery to companies? That's kind of scary to me. The latest crash tests had only two cars out of like 16 that actually passed. The rest were rated poor.

Get a big ole F-150 FX4 and your 0 - 60 time won't be so fast that you wnd up wrecking and then you won't need any airbags. :poke:

Personal preferences aside, it amazes me how car companies in general can put all these gadgets and upgrades and technologies etc. in cars these days but at the same time you can hardly buy an affordable compact that passes crash tests.  How is that?  Do air bags really cost that much that they can't come standard (front and side) these days?  After all the research and engineering that's gone into building cars, why is designing a car with an effective crumple zone such a mystery to companies? That's kind of scary to me.  The latest crash tests had only two cars out of like 16 that actually passed.  The rest were rated poor.

150031[/snapback]

Well, they could do better, but then again, look at what they are getting hit by. People driving these big behemoths are squashing these little cars like bugs on their windshield. I agree, the gov't should mandate front and side curtain airbags on all passenger vehicles. It's just common sense.

Ugliest car? One word.....Pacer! :)

I saw a show last night, can't remember what channel, where two teams compete against each other in drag racing. One team had to modify the Pacer, the other, the Gremlin. They even put NOX in them. I never saw one of those move so fast. The pacer won.

Battle of the uglies. They even recreated the original paint job on each. The Pacer was red (not too bad). The Gremlin was two-tone brown. UUUGHHG!

aujarhead-

i really enjoy my 2000 jeep wrangler. i owned and enjoyed my 1995 wrangler despite being a 4 cylinder. my 2000 wrangler is a hard top with a/c and a 6 cylinder. with an improved suspension it is very comfortable and the 6 cylinder gives it good performance. the hardtop obvisouly is much quiter than the soft top but not as quite as most trucks, suvs or cars on the road. the rounded headlights give it the classic look.

Pacer was and ugly car for sure, but the all time BUTT-UGLY award goes to:

:moon:

the YUGO :moon::moon::D

Jeez that was totally YUGLY and it sucked and most likely the biggest piece of dog poop anywhere.

JMTCW

Archived