We should dominate MSU next week like uga is tonight

AUIH1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, douggwilliams said:

Really? Appalled after what you have already seen this season?   You don't remember what happened last year about this time ?  We will see, but I'm staying tuned.

At what point were we struggling to Mercer level teams last year? Blowing out that Arkansas team was incredible, but that squad couldn’t hold Miss St’s jock strap. They lost to LSU by a similar margin later on if I remember correctly 

I went to Starkvegas last season and remember they were not a very talented team.  I don't think they upgraded that much since last year.  They might be playing better but if coaching is equal there is no way they should threaten AU in Jordan-Hare.

It's never as good, or bad, as it seems. I haven't been too thrilled with our offense so far this year, until tonight.  But I also won't think that "we've arrived" until I see it for a few weeks and against some better competition.

But I am pleased with the improvement....

The one thing you can count on in most sports is that every week somebody will lose a game they shouldn't lose. This is especially true in college football. I liked what I saw last night but until there is more consistency I am still leary of expectations.  I still want to see a better game plan and use of talent against the best competition and not the timid "playing not to lose" approach that I've seen for a few years now. Great win for the team but I can't say at this point we should dominate anyone. That is assuming more than I can at this point. I gave up riding rollercoasters because I realized the last couple of times I rode one I was nauseous when I got off. I would never give up Auburn football but the ups and downs tend to have a similar effect. I just want to see us beat someone really good and play really well and not need a miracle play to do it. 

We are nowhere near as good as UGA right now, but we aren't playing them right now.  Hopefully we will be better than MSU next week and will continue to improve.  

Personally, i think we can and will beat msu next week, but seems to me that to say we will dominate them is a shot in the dark statement like how MSU was the 2nd best team in the sec after the lsu game.  What is it based on? one game vs a bad Missouri team?  Like i said i think we will win but seems like most AU fans jump to the best or worst conclusions based on the week prior.  After Mercer we were a 5-7 team but now that we beat powerhouse missouri we are 10-2?  We are still growing and so are our opponents.

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

The OP fixed the title. It was originally something like "We should dominate MSU next week like uga is tonight next week".

It was a foolish assertion anyway in my view....not withstanding grammatical concerns.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

It was a foolish assertion anyway in my view....not withstanding grammatical concerns.

Why was it a foolish assertion?  We are vastly more talented than MSU and our talent is at least as good as UGA's.  We should wear MSU out next week like UGA did last night. 

wde

9 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Why was it a foolish assertion?  We are vastly more talented than MSU and our talent is at least as good as UGA's.  We should wear MSU out next week like UGA did last night. 

wde

Every game is a new game....and football is about match-ups too.  One might say that MSU was out-coached.....ran at UGa's strength and got burned on defense several times by some serious defensive mistakes.  What happened somewhere else between two teams typically has no bearing on future games. 

Does not matter how we beat MSU or how bad in my view.....just need to keep on winning. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Every game is a new game....and football is about match-ups too.  One might say that MSU was out-coached.....ran at UGa's strength and got burned on defense several times by some serious defensive mistakes.  What happened somewhere else between two teams typically has no bearing on future games. 

Does not matter how we beat MSU or how bad in my view.....just need to keep on winning. 

Of course MSU was out coached (last night) and out talented by UGA.  We vastly out talent them across the board just as UGA.   

wde

11 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

...grammatical concerns not withstanding.

Thanks...my wife usually checks me for grammar but she's already gone to church.   :)

Every game is different. Expectations and reality don't always line up in the game of football these days. Match ups, circumstances and in game adjustments cement outcomes in 2017. In 1980 you just overpowered people and wore them out. Not always the case anymore. 

10 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Well, as far as I know. AU hasn't played a D3 team. Regardless, what you just said boils down to you would be dismayed/horrified to see our AU Tigers improve to the point that they would post a convincing win over a well regarded ranked team.  I find THAT appalling.

Exactly. We are watching our team PROGRESS. How could anyone not be pleased by this? I don’t care who you play... 51-14 is a great victory. That victory came against an SEC opponent. I am very pleased with how we performed. 

No doubt we improved and are a better team than what we were in the previous 3 games.  How much, we will see in the upcoming weeks. Would be tickled going into the dog & turd shows 8-1 &  10-1 when we do some turd flushing.  It will be hard as it should be, but will be doable with good coaching and smart play.

Slow your roll there, hoss. Mizzou is absolutely awful. Despite the whupping dealt out by Georgia, MSU is no pushover. Add in the fact that they're going to playing angry after that loss, we'll have our hands full.

44 minutes ago, selias said:

Slow your roll there, hoss. Mizzou is absolutely awful. Despite the whupping dealt out by Georgia, MSU is no pushover. Add in the fact that they're going to playing angry after that loss, we'll have our hands full.

Yeah, while I am really kinda' shocked at the way this game went, I was actually worried.    This mizzou team is in a dogfight with kansas to be the worst P5 team in the country, make no mistake about that, but AU improved.    I am still concerned  about the inside running game, and all of the excuses of the earlier game won't cut it.   The OL is not creating many gaps to run in ,and against GA AND UPDYKES, trying to run outside ain't going to get it done.   I do like playcalling much better than the last 4 years. As soon as the OL gets up to snuff (IF) it could get interesting barring injuries

15 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Yeah, while I am really kinda' shocked at the way this game went, I was actually worried.    This mizzou team is in a dogfight with kansas to be the worst P5 team in the country, make no mistake about that, but AU improved.    I am still concerned  about the inside running game, and all of the excuses of the earlier game won't cut it.   The OL is not creating many gaps to run in ,and against GA AND UPDYKES, trying to run outside ain't going to get it done.   I do like playcalling much better than the last 4 years. As soon as the OL gets up to snuff (IF) it could get interesting barring injuries

Those wildcat plays in the RZ will turn into field goals against quality competition.

3 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Saying dominate with any team in SEC is not a good statement to make. It sounds like u are setting it up if we don't win by 21 plus then it is not good enough. I will take a 1 point victory in every game left and be happy as hell. We will win and probably dominate, but I am happy with winning. Un less your name is Alabama rn u don't expect to dominate every week.

15 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

We have improved tonight.  We need to keep it up.

wde

I would love to see it but Ugag beat MSU in a different way tonight.  They were able to be more physical.  I feel better than I did a week ago but it will be a battle.  Mizzou is the type of team that gives you confidence but make no mistake they are awful.  The biggest challenge next week will be for our OL.  If they match or beat the physicality of MSU in the trenches then I like our chances.  Kirby is transforming Ugag from a finesse team into a more physical team and it showed last night.  

25 minutes ago, selias said:

Those wildcat plays in the RZ will turn into field goals against quality competition.

U do know that I believe Missouri had 1 or 2 preseason All SEC dlineman. I believe that is correct.

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

I would love to see it but Ugag beat MSU in a different way tonight.  They were able to be more physical.  I feel better than I did a week ago but it will be a battle.  Mizzou is the type of team that gives you confidence but make no mistake they are awful.  The biggest challenge next week will be for our OL.  If they match or beat the physicality of MSU in the trenches then I like our chances.  Kirby is transforming Ugag from a finesse team into a more physical team and it showed last night.  

We can out ohysical State I feel very confident n that. I doubt their qb makes it the whole game that is my opinion. 

Archived