We should dominate MSU next week like uga is tonight

AUIH1

9 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

We'll beat MSU. But the smell of gus still lingers. We'll all be smelling it in a month. hope im wrong

Maybe my judgement is clouded due to having lost all confidence in our HC, but I just do not see this easy win that most are assuming.   I just rewatched the game to check the OL play and I am afraid that there is going to be a matchup problem with the DL of moo state.   Maybe we can get outside, but the fact of the matter is, we have to run the ball better than we have so far.   Don't even go there with the MIzzou stuff, we did this or we did that, because Mizzou players have tatoos on their chests saying " we suck"

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok then if some say the win against Missouri is nothing impressive because they are horrible, then what does it say about holding number 2 Clemson to 14 pts in their house. Particularly with a new offense and blocking scheme.  I personally think if KJ plays against the Dabos AU wins. 

See that AU opening as 10 point favorite over MSU...a bit surprising to me....

This thread is why we have problems having nice things.

our offense opened the season looking lost.  Against Missouri, we saw a couple of good things.  Give it a rest with the soaring expectations.........if the team can continue to get better a little at a time, learn to appreciate it and enjoy the games.

I said this in another thread, but as long as Stidham improves the offense, including the run game will improve. So far I like Stidham's progress. 

43 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

ok then if some say the win against Missouri is nothing impressive because they are horrible, then what does it say about holding number 2 Clemson to 14 pts in their house. Particularly with a new offense and blocking scheme.  I personally think if KJ plays against the Dabos AU wins. 

WHAT it says is that      WE LOST!"

47 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Maybe my judgement is clouded due to having lost all confidence in our HC, but I just do not see this easy win that most are assuming.   I just rewatched the game to check the OL play and I am afraid that there is going to be a matchup problem with the DL of moo state.   Maybe we can get outside, but the fact of the matter is, we have to run the ball better than we have so far.   Don't even go there with the MIzzou stuff, we did this or we did that, because Mizzou players have tatoos on their chests saying " we suck"

It was an awesome win and it's quiet in here today, so the ones who are still skeptical are sticking out like a sore thumb. I love Auburn, but my tenure in here is like a year and a half, and I value my reputation. So you an I are in agreement but forgive me for piping down.

8 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Brilliant response....i think it’s it says when AU faces a tough opponent they can compete at a high level against them....and if the team can continue to improve offensively, particularly in pass protection then i have a high level of optimism for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

yep

Cannella should be a huge target in the red zone. Like u guys said the wildcat gets turned hamburger meat against ga or ua or lsu 

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

So ... if a loss is a loss regardless of reasons or analysis and should be shunned then ...

a win is a win regardless of reasons and analysis and should be celebrated ... right?

Reading your posts, you simply don't sound as though you will be satisfied with this team. 

This is no time for Auburn fans to get over-confident. This team has a LONG way to go. While we certainly can take some positives from this victory, Mizzou is absolutely terrible. 

Just like StatTiger said in his analysis, if you take away the big plays then our yardage per play is still really low. We're not opening up holes in the run game that we usually open. And we still aren't hitting the intermediate throws that are critical in order to attack a defense.

IMO - we would have struggled against a really good team tonight. But let's hope that we continue to improve. Kyle Davis and NCM both had big catches. We need these guys to continue to improve and step up as go-to receivers

5 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This is no time for Auburn fans to get over-confident. This team has a LONG way to go. While we certainly can take some positives from this victory, Mizzou is absolutely terrible. 

Just like StatTiger said in his analysis, if you take away the big plays then our yardage per play is still really low. We're not opening up holes in the run game that we usually open. And we still aren't hitting the intermediate throws that are critical in order to attack a defense.

IMO - we would have struggled against a really good team tonight. But let's hope that we continue to improve. Kyle Davis and NCM both had big catches. We need these guys to continue to improve and step up as go-to receivers

Is it our line not opening holes? Or our backs being hurt and not full speed? Martin ran well the other night . The burst is not there for Kj or kp 

4 hours ago, doverstutts said:

like we have the last three years?   U think this offensive line is going block uga?       when they couldn't block mercer and missouri?     U think we gonna' run outside on them?     U need glasses.    If i remember, they had a FROSH QB last year, and we still have our illustrious HC,too

We will see lol

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is it our line not opening holes? Or our backs being hurt and not full speed?

Probably a little of both. But anyone can run through a big open hole.

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Cannella should be a huge target in the red zone. Like u guys said the wildcat gets turned hamburger meat against ga or ua or lsu 

He has to be able to catch the ball in games before he can be a huge target. 

He dropped one that was right in his hands last night and did the same thing against Mercer.

5 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is it our line not opening holes? Or our backs being hurt and not full speed? Martin ran well the other night . The burst is not there for Kj or kp 

A combination of both.

Kam Martin HAS to be allowed to get more involved.  He is fast and shifty and that is what we need while Kerryon and Pettway get time to heal up.

He is not as good in protection as either Pettway or Kerryon and that has been holding him back some.

10 hours ago, WarTim said:

I believe that AU iS indeed a BETTER TeAM right now than the Starkville legg humpers. We must play lock down defense and absolutely STUFf the running game. Then get sacks or interceptions when the attempt to pass. We have greater athletes than do they. We must form a game plan that is heavy rum. THAT WILL OPEN UP PLAY ACTION PASSES. STIDHAM IS AT HIS BEST GIVEN TIME. We could be in good shape. Of course the next game I Coach will be my first. A healthy KP would serves us well. My two cents. What say you?    War Damn ? Eagle!!!

I'm not saying we aren't better, we certainly seem more talented and their strength on offense is our strength on defense. I just don't know how you can predict us to blow them out just cause they lost heavily to Georgia. Georgia's pretty damn good. Georgia looks the part of a team that's capable of winning a natty, they stack up at every position and Fromm is the biggest revelation in the SEC right now. I want us to blow them out, that'd be fantastic, I just don't have enough evidence in front of us to say that's something we can do. It's a leap of faith essentially

5 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Against Mercer, I will admit that KP had a couple opportunities to break some runs out longer if he still had that first burst speed. And at the same time, his YPC was hurt by running plays directly up the middle after his big gains. But on the other hand, against them or GSU (or Missouri), there should be gaping holes to the point where 5 YPC should be the minimum, even for an half-assed elite back. So I'd chalk it to a few things

1. Our offensive line simply isn't dominant run blocking, or close thereto. Maybe they make strides though

2. The play calling running wise has been morbidly awful, at least in terms of creating big plays.

3. KJ and KP have been used time and time again on drives...no rests. Legs just too tired to create big plays

4. Most of the attempts at getting the ball out horizontally have involved WR sweeps/reverses, or fakes based off those used to hit players out in the flat. 

Kam NEEDS more carries against teams that matter as KP and KJ are gonna feel those hits alot more, but we haven't seen him do anything he shouldn't do against the competition he's played. I hope we get the oppor. to see him, Malik, and Devan shine against real opponents, because their skillset is as diverse as those before them 

Archived