We should dominate MSU next week like uga is tonight

AUIH1

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

For practice, we have been struggling in the red zone, we need more options other than just the wildcat. We need to see what else may work and what else we can do that will get touchdowns and not FG's.

JMO but you practice at practice....and when you play a game, you play to win and do what gives the best chance to win. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

I understand what you are saying, but many other people are harping on the fact that Mizzou is godawful.

Honest question: if this ended up being a "glorified practice" (as selias has noted), what benefit would have been gathered having run something "new" at the goal line versus just doing it in practice and not having it on film?

Live games are a lot different than practice. Do you think we are holding back on Offense just to keep it off of film? I don't.

Just now, kd4au said:

Live games are a lot different than practice. Do you think we are holding back on Offense just to keep it off of film? I don't.

No, I don't. I think we were, as AU64 noted, playing to win the game. And, normally, I would agree with your assessment that games are different, but if an opponent is that bad, is there actual benefit gained from it? I don't think it's as much as you do, which is fine, just a difference of opinion.

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but you practice at practice....and when you play a game, you play to win and do what gives the best chance to win. 

This was a blow out, I would agree if it was a close game, you win the game first. But in this case it looks like a good time to try new plays and see if the team can execute.

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

This was a blow out, I would agree if it was a close game, you win the game first. But in this case it looks like a good time to try new plays and see if the team can execute.

.....is what everybody else does. Especially the ones that need something else. 

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

.....is what everybody else does. Especially the ones that need something else. 

You know this how?   got an example or two?   

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

I call em' like I see em" and if you think that these offensive coaches are going to go up against Kirby Smart and Nick Saban defenses and win with their game planning, I am just going to point and laugh.   What are ya'll looking at?....What makes you think that this is anything other than an 8-4 football team?

Lol we will roll over UGA. U think they are going to be able to run on us or beat us with a frosh qb.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Lol we will roll over UGA. U think they are going to be able to run on us or beat us with a frosh qb.

like we have the last three years?   U think this offensive line is going block uga?       when they couldn't block mercer and missouri?     U think we gonna' run outside on them?     U need glasses.    If i remember, they had a FROSH QB last year, and we still have our illustrious HC,too

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I think it will be a hard fought AU victory as are most games in this series. I just want to win. 

What is the spread? 

While I will be happy with a win, we are going to beat MSU like a rented mule.

wde

17 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Were you born yesterday? Gus wets his pants against UGA.

wde

4 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Were you born yesterday? Gus wets his pants against UGA.

wde

With JJ a hurt qb last year and we got dominated in 2014. We are at home and if we dint get hurt our offense will be humming by then

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

With JJ a hurt qb last year and we got dominated in 2014. We are at home and if we dint get hurt our offense will be humming by then

mmmk.  UGA is far better right now than they have been since Gus got bent over in 2014.  I can only imagine the excuses if we lose to them again. 

wde

2 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

mmmk.  UGA is far better right now than they have been since Gus got bent over in 2014.  I can only imagine the excuses if we lose to them again. 

wde

Based on what? MSU was awful against them and it wasn't because UGA is that good 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Based on what? MSU was awful against them and it wasn't because UGA is that good 

UGA made MSU look awful.  UGA's freshman QB is solid and getting better with each game.  His coaches are actually letting him letting him grow into the offense and adding more to it.  UGA's D is just as legit as ours and bama's.  UGA has two very solid wins (ND and MSU).  We will have our 1st solid win after next week when we pound MSU.

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

UGA made MSU look awful.  UGA's freshman QB is solid and getting better with each game.  His coaches are actually letting him letting him grow into the offense and adding more to it.  UGA's D is just as legit as ours and bama's.  UGA has two very solid wins (ND and MSU).  We will have our 1st solid win after next week when we pound MSU.

wde

I really think that this game will be much closer, and stay inside the number

Just now, doverstutts said:

I really think that this game will be much closer, and stay inside the number

I don't. We are more talented across the board.  Gus has for the moment, got out of the way on O.  We are going to kick their butt.

wde

7 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

It's easy to make him look good when the receivers are wide open and the RBs are just running free.  

mmk.  But hey, to your point, all the more reason we should kick MSU's butt just like UGA did since we are far more talented and better coached, right?

wde

Archived