Where Is Danley??

AUesquire

Most people, myself included, could not name all three people relieved of their duties at AU. It's always termed "The deal with Stacey Danley". Whether he wants it or not, Danley has become the central figure in all this mess. Now, it's being reported that Holmes and the black caucus are going to push the Legislature, in the session currently ongoing, to withhold federal grant monies from Auburn University. Some say he has the power to do it.

I've read several posts from those here on this board and heard from those in the media and call in shows that claim to know Danley. They all say what a wonderful guy he really is and he only wants what is best for Auburn. Well, if that's true, isn't it time he spoke out about his position. If he is letting a racist idiot like Alvin Holmes represent his interest and speak for him, then I have no use whatsoever for the man. No, Holmes does not technically represent Danley. I realize that. But Holmes is taking up his cause to bring the University to it's knees all the while holding Stacey Danley up as the poster child for racial injustice.

Whether he wants to or not, does Danley have a responsibility to put a stop to this nonsense? If what he and all those that know him say about his position and his character is true, then why does he not stand up and tell the world that Alvin Holmes does not speak for him and what he wants. Like it or not, he is at the forefront of Holmes' cause and he needs to separate himself before serious damage is done.

Or is Alvin Holmes simply advancing Danley's true feelings and wishes for Auburn University? Where are you Stacey?

Just to add to that, if he really loves Auburn as much as he says that he does, and is really orange and blue through and through like people say he is, would he really want his university to be taking such a black eye over this situation involving him? People get fired and they move on. I wonder if Danley honestly really believes the crap that people are raising about him about it all being racial, and I for one think that if he really loves Auburn like he says he does, that he should make an effort to stop this.

How silly would Alvin look if Danley actually came out and said, "Wait a minute, Mr. Holmes is NOT speaking for me and I don't support his cause." If Danley has been wronged by the University, let him pursue it privately as he did before. Don't let this go on to the point that irreparable damage is done to the school and those that support it.

Bad vibes from the whole danley thing. He was a little quick on the damaging info. thing, like he had it already planned. Let's let this sleeping dog lie, imo.

Prejudices come out when REAL issues are at stake, never doubt it! The truth is, that a lot of racial prejudice exists among BOTH blacks and whites and harmony is contingent ONLY on one group or another being Satisfied. When one group is NOT, then harmony goes to HELL! Lately, harmony seems to depnd upon preferential treatment of blacks. So if whites stick up for their rights, then harmony cannot be maintained! Sad state isn't it!!

Most people, myself included, could not name all three people relieved of their duties at AU.  It's always termed "The deal with Stacey Danley".  Whether he wants it or not, Danley has become the central figure in all this mess.  Now, it's being reported that Holmes and the black caucus are going to push the Legislature, in the session currently ongoing, to withhold federal grant monies from Auburn University.  Some say he has the power to do it.

148716[/snapback]

I disagree. As mentioned before, I have seen Bro Al in action up close and personal. NO ONE in the State House takes him seriously - NO ONE. They all understand he is just "politicking". He says what he needs to say to keep getting the attention he needs to be re-elected. He doesn't have a "huge" segment of society listening to him - only his district in Montgomery. If he had a HUGE segment, he would be governor. Being loud gets him attention - it doesn't mean he is powerful or has a large group behind him- and he CERTAINLY DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH POWER IN THIS WORLD to get the state to withhold ANY money from Auburn University, much less FEDERAL money. He would have to have naked pictures of three fourths of the House and Senate AND the Governor to get that accomplished. Holmes can be likened to those tiny gnats that bother you when you sit outside in the summer time - annoying as hell, but they just aren't big enough to do any real damage.

Face it - every community has one. In Houston, it's Quannell X and Johnny Mata (Latino advocate). In Dallas, it's county commissioner John Wiley Price and City Councilperson Alvin Hicks. Nationally you have the Right Rev Al Sharpton. Race pimps, all.

No kid with an iota of true talent is going to let some race pimp like Brother Al keep him from going to Auburn. If the kid was all about supporting his race to the exclusion of these racist havens of white honkey crackers, he would go to Tuskeegee or A&M or Grambling or Spellman.

The sooner WE all SHUT THE HECK UP about all this, the sooner a new scandal brews and Bro Al goes back under his rock until state budget hearings come along next month.

Everyone, just chill. Let it go. NOTHING will come of this - NOTHING!! Trust me on this.

Archived