NBA Thread

aujeff11

?‍♂️ okay. 

The Lakers have a lot of offseason FA and draft hype. Going to be interesting to see how everything plays out.

On 6/10/2018 at 9:33 AM, aujeff11 said:

I personally don’t think the debate is that close either. There are false depictions of MJ’s era though by Gwill and others that don’t accurately reflect MJ’s era. According to them, MJ had all world help on his team but his opponents were no better than ice cream truck drivers. See the hypocrisy? 

lol Mj def did not have all world help. I totally never said that. He just had a better team than anyone else in the 90's and was never a underdog in the finals unlike LeBron who has only been a favorite 2 out 9 times he has been to the finals. Sorry if you played in the 90's which is the worst era of the nba and easily the least talented you are immediately disqualified for the GOAT discussion. Cannot take you seriously when you played against Publix Deli Servers and JC Penny Shoe salesmen haha. Ok this conversation is over and done with. We can all get on our lives after this debacle. 

On 6/9/2018 at 9:56 AM, aubearcat said:

In my opinion, last nights game ends any debate between Jordan and James. MJ never lost a finals much less being swept. I also feel like last night was a macrocosim of Lebron’s career. Awesome, dominant player at times. At other times, he disappears. MJ, Mamba, Bird, Magic,... etc never did that. Lebron is probably 3rd in the pantheon of all-time players with MJ first and Kobe second. 

PS- by disappearing I mean passing the ball in critical situations instead of taking the shot and resigned to losing like he seemed last night. 

Was Kobe's legacy diminished when he went 6 of 24 in game 7 of the 2010 nba finals? Was Jordans legacy diminished when he went 5 of 19 in the close out game of the 96 finals and when he was on the bench when the rest of the bulls made the comeback to clinch? NO. Was Magics in the 84 finals when he was bestowed the nickname tragic magic for a series of missteps over multiple games in this series the worst was missing 2 free throws at the end of game 4 that would of clinched the game for the lakers? NO.  And No one will remember this game either from Bron. It is just 1 little spoke on the wheel of his career. Plus people will look back and see 7 of 13 shooting for 23 points 7 and 7 and go ehhhhhhh ok not bad. 

IT IS DRAFT DAY BABY!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GO!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

woo.gif

I think the biggest intrigue is the number two pick. If Kings go with Bagley, this leaves the door for Atlanta to pull a spectacular trade with Doncic. Personally, I want Doncic. But if Doncic goes to Kings, then I think a lot of anticipation of trades are gonna fizzle, as Atlanta may take Jackson with third. 

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IT IS DRAFT DAY BABY!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! LETS FREAKING GO!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

woo.gif

He Lives! It's been a little quiet around here without you @GwillMac6

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was Kobe's legacy diminished when he went 6 of 24 in game 7 of the 2010 nba finals? Was Jordans legacy diminished when he went 5 of 19 in the close out game of the 96 finals and when he was on the bench when the rest of the bulls made the comeback to clinch? NO. Was Magics in the 84 finals when he was bestowed the nickname tragic magic for a series of missteps over multiple games in this series the worst was missing 2 free throws at the end of game 4 that would of clinched the game for the lakers? NO.  And No one will remember this game either from Bron.

They didn’t quit. I mean, Rodney Hood took more shots than Lebron in game 7. Sad! 

If you’re going to start knighting for Lebron, take yourself another sabbatical.

He just had a better team than anyone else in the 90's and was never a underdog in the finals unlike LeBron who has only been a favorite 2 out 9 times he has been to the finals.

leQUIT, Wade, and Bosh lost to a weak Mavs team. Give me a break. Lebron started the player driven superteam movement, if he cannot handle the challenge, maybe he should step up his superteam game and stop knighting for JR Smith and Tristan to remain. 

Edited by aujeff11

woo.gif

Yay team sports ?

6 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

I think the biggest intrigue is the number two pick. If Kings go with Bagley, this leaves the door for Atlanta to pull a spectacular trade with Doncic. Personally, I want Doncic. But if Doncic goes to Kings, then I think a lot of anticipation of trades are gonna fizzle, as Atlanta may take Jackson with third. 

Have you posted in this thread before?! WELCOME!!!!!! Please come back. I love your idea. I hope it happens.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

They didn’t quit. I mean, Rodney Hood took more shots than Lebron in game 7. Sad! 

If you’re going to start knighting for Lebron, take yourself another sabbatical.

lol what did you think would happen? I would come back and NOT be a fan of my favorite athlete ever?! That I would come back and not talk about him? Even though as usual the biggest NBA story is where he is going this NBA off season? YAH GREAT PLAN MAN!!! suuuuuuuuuuuuuupa. When did you come up with this half baked delusions of grandeur?! Cause woooooooooooow!!!!! You are going to be SORELY disappointed. MAN!!! He needs to quit more often! Could of fooled me! 23 points on 7 of 13 shooting with 7 and 7 is a great game for the rest of the league!!! MAN! The other stars want to know how they can quit and put up those numbers? You are the one who looks like needs to be a sabbatical. Here let me help you pack! hahaha.

seat.gif

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

leQUIT, Wade, and Bosh lost to a weak Mavs team. Give me a break. Lebron started the player driven superteam movement, if he cannot handle the challenge, maybe he should step up his superteam game and stop knighting for JR Smith and Tristan to remain. 

lol ohhhhhhh 11, Do you even NBA salary cap bro? I expected more than a bargain basement opinion like these that I can find from some dude on au 247 who has not watched a nba game since George Mikan retired.  If he did not pine for them and go to bat for them to get paid they would of lost them for nothing and only been able to sign vet minimum guys to take their spots since they ALREADY were over the cap even without factoring in their contracts. But yah lets forget all of that. 

ryan.gif

Edited by GwillMac6

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

He Lives! It's been a little quiet around here without you @GwillMac6

MUHHHHHH DUDE!!!!! you are my AU FAMILY BEST FRAAAAAAAAND!!!! Of course I came back. It was for you of course. There was a piece of me missing and I realized it was because we were not congregating on here together goofing off. I missed it and needed my fix! What is up my man?!

boy.gif

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He needs to quit more often! Could of fooled me! 23 points on 7 of 13 shooting with 7 and 7 is a great game for the rest of the league!!!

Not for the primary scorer. How many games  would Cleveland win if leSWEPT had that stat line on a daily basis? I mean hell, put the shots up. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol what did you think would happen? I would come back and NOT be a fan of my favorite athlete ever?! That I would come back and not talk about him? Even though as usual the biggest NBA story is where he is going this NBA off season? YAH GREAT PLAN MAN!!! suuuuuuuuuuuuuupa. When did you come up with this half baked delusions of grandeur?! Cause woooooooooooow!!!!!

K

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You are the one who looks like needs to be a sabbatical. Here let me help you pack! 

MJ> all

what COULD of been with dwight. He had so much talent. SMH. 

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol ohhhhhhh 11, Do you even NBA salary cap bro? I expected more than a bargain basement opinion like these that I can find from some dude on au 247 who has not watched a nba game since George Mikan retired.  If he did not pine for them and to bat for them to get paid they would of lost them for nothing and only been able to sign vet minimum guys to take their spots since they ALREADY were over the cap even without factoring in their contracts. But yah lets forget all of that. 

ryan.gif

He could restructure his contract. He could have not run Kyrie off.  There were plenty things for leGM to consider. 

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

what COULD of been with dwight. He had so much talent. SMH. 

Hall of fame waste of talent.