NBA Thread

aujeff11

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I hate JR Smith. 

Goodnight. 

I kinda feel bad for him now. His competitive minutes are almost over for his career and who hasn’t roasted him for this yet! Players have feelings too!!! 

JK. Nobody’s ever claimed that JR has a Lebron type IQ though. He is the same one that threw soup on AC Damon Jones.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, djg0017 said:

Gotta give it to Chuck... I think everyone wants Draymond to get punched in the face

Draymond’s actions might’ve triggered two Cavs suspensions. Both big men for the Cavs. might get suspended.

The NBA is wishy washy on players entering the court though so he may be good to go.

JR Smith is a poor man Robert Horry with a bad attitude and less talent. I know it’s different positions Smith is G and Horry an F but they remind me of each other. They have really high opinions of themselves and think they mattered more to their team than they did. 

Edited by aubearcat

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I kinda feel bad for him now. His competitive minutes are almost over for his career and who hasn’t roasted him for this yet! Players have feelings too!!! 

JK. Nobody’s ever claimed that JR has a Lebron type IQ though. He is the same one that threw soup on AC Damon Jones.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Tiger said:

Haha. Poor guy. His defensive bloopers are similar to Harden’s. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Draymond’s actions might’ve triggered two Cavs suspensions. Both big men for the Cavs. might get suspended.

The NBA is wishy washy on players entering the court though so he may be good to go.

Somehow Tristan Kardashian avoided suspension. If that was Draymond, he would’ve been watching the Dodgers during game two. 

Edited by aujeff11

Love not suspended, Tristan not suspended, Iggy out, Thompson questionable, sounds like the series is about to be 1-1.

11 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Love not suspended, Tristan not suspended, Iggy out, Thompson questionable, sounds like the series is about to be 1-1.

Thompson ended up fine and GSW took care of business at home.

The Cavs need Perkins on the court to start taking ankle kill shots. Otherwise, they’re toast.

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-could-trevor-ariza-join-033038795.html

Early rumors of Ariza to GS during free agency season.

Rich get richer. Did it look like the Cavs tapped out last night, in your opinion? Very lackluster trashy game from them. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Rich get richer. Did it look like the Cavs tapped out last night, in your opinion? Very lackluster trashy game from them. 

I thought it was a horrible game all around.  I expected more fight out of the whole Cavs roster, Lebron included. I realize that Lebron is already checked out and is ready for a new team but GOATs don’t let Rodney Hood put up the most FG attempts while also letting someone else guard KD. Kobe kinda tarnished his reputation in 2007 when he gave up against Phoenix just like Lebron did this series and they both deserve their criticism for that. MJ wouldn’t quit. He’d punch JR in the mouth and play hard. Get in here @GwillMac6 so we can become social media friends again

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I thought it was a horrible game all around.  I expected more fight out of the whole Cavs roster, Lebron included. I realize that Lebron is already checked out and is ready for a new team but GOATs don’t let Rodney Hood put up the most FG attempts while also letting someone else guard KD. Kobe kinda tarnished his reputation in 2007 when he gave up against Phoenix just like Lebron did this series and they both deserve their criticism for that. MJ wouldn’t quit. He’d punch JR in the mouth and play hard. Get in here @GwillMac6 so we can become social media friends again

In my opinion, last nights game ends any debate between Jordan and James. MJ never lost a finals much less being swept. I also feel like last night was a macrocosim of Lebron’s career. Awesome, dominant player at times. At other times, he disappears. MJ, Mamba, Bird, Magic,... etc never did that. Lebron is probably 3rd in the pantheon of all-time players with MJ first and Kobe second. 

PS- by disappearing I mean passing the ball in critical situations instead of taking the shot and resigned to losing like he seemed last night. 

Edited by aubearcat

NBA use to be fun to watch but I did not watch a second of it.  Read the updates in the paper. I know they are great players but something is just missing for me. just to let you know I have been a Golden State fan since we won it with Rick Berry. Yes I love Curry and the guys its just not as fun to watch. Sorry rant over

• Like 1

23 hours ago, aubearcat said:

In my opinion, last nights game ends any debate between Jordan and James. MJ never lost a finals much less being swept. I

I personally don’t think the debate is that close either. There are false depictions of MJ’s era though by Gwill and others that don’t accurately reflect MJ’s era. According to them, MJ had all world help on his team but his opponents were no better than ice cream truck drivers. See the hypocrisy? 

• Like 1

Lebron is the best athlete the game has ever seen but he is not the GOAT. He is not more skilled than MJ nor Kobe Bryant in my eyes. He will go down as arguably top 3 to play the game, however. I really do hate these comparisons though as the game played today isn’t in any shape or form the same game played in the 90s. 

• Like 1

The stars seem to be aligning for Lebron to play for the Lake show. Will be a good move for him I think. He already lives there in tbe offseason and will have more pieces to work with there. 

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

There is word that Kawhi wants out.

I’ve heard Lakers want Lebron, Kawhi, and PG13, but honestly this seems like a spacing nightmare waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

I’ve heard Lakers want Lebron, Kawhi, and PG13, but honestly this seems like a spacing nightmare waiting to happen.

I don’t think they can manage to pull all 3 in. Will be a scary lineup for sure though. Their perimeter offense will be kinda average. 

I’m intrigued at the possibility of Kawhi to Boston. However, the pieces Boston would have to give up, I’m not sure it’s worth it. The latest was Brown, Rosier, Morris, more players, and picks. Without the guarantee of Leonard and Irving signing long term, I would rather Boston not do it. Danny has done an incredible job building this current team. I hope he doesn’t get too impatient for the rings and make a haphazard move. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I’m intrigued at the possibility of Kawhi to Boston. However, the pieces Boston would have to give up, I’m not sure it’s worth it. The latest was Brown, Rosier, Morris, more players, and picks. Without the guarantee of Leonard and Irving signing long term, I would rather Boston not do it. Danny has done an incredible job building this current team. I hope he doesn’t get too impatient for the rings and make a haphazard move. 

I wouldn’t give up Brown, Morris, and Rosier for Kawhi either. I damn sure wouldn’t include Smart. Smart makes championship winning plays all game even if his offense isn’t there. Every championship team has to have a player that plays like a relentless DOG on the court. 

If the Spurs only wanted Rosier, Morris, and Horford, I’d do it in a heartbeat. I’m not much of a fan of Horford’s boring game and he’s only getting older. I like Morris and Rosier too but I’m thinking they’re expendable. 

Overall, Boston has a lot of pieces for trade, but they’re lineup is already more than capable to win the east so they should probably just upgrade in the draft at tbe center position.

If I’m not mistaken, Boston has the possibility of two lottery picks in ‘19 with two additional top 30 picks added in. That seems like it’d be more than enough to get in position to get what they need either drafting or trading. 

• Facepalm 1