NBA Thread

aujeff11

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Meh he’s a Capela two trick pony.

at this late that is a lot better than how most of these guys will end up! Boston would throw a parade if he is that good! lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahaha mr fred is my AU Family dad!!!!! He is my howard cunningham of happy days! lol

C52C2E6E-4E63-4DCE-A60D-FC7560898DD6.gif

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, fredst said:

C52C2E6E-4E63-4DCE-A60D-FC7560898DD6.gif

fre.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

at this late that is a lot better than how most of these guys will end up! Boston would throw a parade if he is that good! lol

That’s what I’m hoping for ?☘️X18

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Capela was drafted that late as well. He may end up being a good pick, but he’s got too many deficiencies for me. I do think Boston may have also  been playing keep away from GS. 

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Capela was drafted that late as well. He may end up being a good pick, but he’s got too many deficiencies for me. I do think Boston may have also  been playing keep away from GS. 

that was my point. They will throw a parade if he is anywhere near as good as capela!

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

That’s what I’m hoping for ?☘️X18

Everything ainge touches lately turns to gold!! So I would not be suprised in the least.

15 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

To be fair if your criteria is only selling tickets I def think Trae Young fits that bill. He will at least create some buzz his rookie season initially..... but then of course obviously he needs to perform. MY GOODNESS HIS VOICE THREW ME OFF!!!! lol. I was not expecting him to talk like that! I was startled. I had never heard him speak before! haha.

you're spot on. just that I think he's the next coming of Jimmer Fredette, and we all knew how that turned out to be.

• Haha 1

So it begins:

Robert Williams admits oversleeping introductory conference call with Celticsplay:tease:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23874911/robert-williams-boston-celtics-1st-round-pick-sleeps-call-team

Edited by aujeff11

52 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

So it begins:

Robert Williams admits oversleeping introductory conference call with Celticsplay:tease:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23874911/robert-williams-boston-celtics-1st-round-pick-sleeps-call-team

Is this going to be your new passion project?! The 30th pick in the draft? lol. Such a jeff thing.

Edited by GwillMac6

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is this going to be your new passion project?! The 30th pick in the draft? lol. Such a jeff thing.

I’m taking this as a compliment. 27th pick. And the answer is a resounding yes! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m taking this as a compliment. 27th pick. And the answer is a resounding yes! 

O EXCUSE ME 27th pick! That makes all the difference in the world buuuuuuuut I only have 1 question for you lol.....

ryan.gif

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

O EXCUSE ME 27th pick! That makes all the difference in the world buuuuuuuut I only have 1 question for you lol.....

ryan.gif

Because, both Capela and Williams were drafted with the 27th picks! 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Because, both Capela and Williams were drafted with the 27th picks! 

I do not understand. What is going on here. Are you arguing for or against them?! Cause the 27th pick in the draft turning in to a guy with Capela's production is GOOOOD at that point. What is your stance on this platform?

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not understand. What is going on here. Are you arguing for or against them?! Cause the 27th pick in the draft turning in to a guy with Capela's production is GOOOOD at that point. What is your stance on this platform?

Y’all are the ones marrying his skill set to Capela’s.  I’m pointing out the coincidence.

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Y’all are the ones marrying his skill set to Capela’s.  I’m pointing out the coincidence.

I still am confused!!!! But I only deal with NAME players so until he becomes one I will step aside and let you do your passion project in peace!!! WOOOOO!!!! have at it! lol 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I still am confused!!!! But I only deal with NAME players so until he becomes one I will step aside and let you do your passion project in peace!!! WOOOOO!!!! have at it! lol 

Not sure why you’re still confused but okay. I personally think Williams ceiling is being Capela- a big man with no offensive game without being above the rim. Sure that isn’t a bad thing but I’m no fan of Williams and dont think he gets to Capela’s ceiling either. 

36 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Not sure why you’re still confused but okay. I personally think Williams ceiling is being Capela- a big man with no offensive game without being above the rim. Sure that isn’t a bad thing but I’m no fan of Williams and dont think he gets to Capela’s ceiling either. 

Because I could not tell if you were defending him or not haha. And muhhhh point is if they get a guy who turns in to capela that is a grand slam home run value at that point in the draft. You are just hoping to get a rotation guy at that point. WELP! glad we cleared all of that up. WOOO!!!! good stuff.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, aujeff11 said:

I think they are jealous that he’s considered a genius. I have no clue if he actually is or if it’s just sensational exaggeration by the media.

he's not part of the "insiders' club.....we see that stuff happening in the SEC all the time.....there is a tremendous amount of jealousy and pettiness in sports, and especially among coaches. ….just another example in my view.   

SO CLOSE!!!!!! He is almost there and he is only a rising 8th grader.

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

SO CLOSE!!!!!! He is almost there and he is only a rising 8th grader.

He is reallu good. Good luck to him living out his own name though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He is reallu good. Good luck to him living out his own name though.

He is more skilled than bron was at this age. Of course on the flip side he does not have brons elite athleticism at this point. I think he will at least make it to the league. No idea obviously yet if he will do anything when he gets there. His little brother is a SNIPER from deeeeeeeeeep. I am going to keep it in the family if I can for my next favorite nba player if 1 of them can become a star. WOOO!!! LETS GOOO!!! #jamesgang

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

No idea obviously yet if he will do anything when he gets there

If I had to guess, he’d be your average run of the mill NBA guard that has a decent career in the NBA. More Seth Curryish than Steph Curryish.