Oh boy...

vatz22au

Cox: 8-of-22 for 97 yards :(

Booker: 3 completed passes :(

Blake: 3 completed passes :(

Guys....our qbs will come through....there new, and fresh. BUT....

Lets give it up for the runningbacks.....They are gonna carry a HEAVY load next year, and I expect them to do well. Carl Stewart and Kenny Irons lit it up.

Next year will be the year of the new runningbacks.....not the qbs. I expect them to carry the offense more than Carnell and Ronnie did this year with the help of Campbell only because we have a new qb under center......They are going to have to. Cox will be great, but hes NEW. Yes, he will come along just nicely, and this is the first scrimmage and I am no where near panicking...

But if anyone knows anything about college football...the runningbacks help the qb along by doing their job....And seeing that our runningback dept. has not let up since the lost of Ronnie and Caddy, its gonna be great for Cox. New qbs adjust well when they have GREAT RUNNINGBACKS.

Cox, you will get better, you already have the accuracy...so lets calm down a bit and show that to everyone.

As for the runningbacks, great job! Hopefully one qb will complete at least half their passes next scrimmage.

Vatz,

No worries just yet. The coaching staff elected to bring a heavy dose of blitz packages during the first scrimmage, unlike the past. Borges wants to prepare our young QB's as soon as possible with a little, "tough" love.

I realize 8 of 22 for 97 yards isn't Heisman like numbers but he did toss 2 TD passes with no picks. Five of his incompletion's were intentional throw aways. Since 1961, Auburn is 26-3, when we pass for 2 TD passes with zero picks. Two of those losses were by 1 point. You also have to remember Cox was going up against the #1 defense with a walkon starting at center. Our DL has the potential to be one of the best in school history.

WDE

I think the 87 or 88 Auburn defensive line was the best in school history. I think we had Tracy Rocker, Benji Roland, Stallworth and Andre Bruce on the outside. people like Fernanod Horn and David Rocker were the back-ups.

I think the  87 or 88 Auburn defensive line was the best in school history.  I think we had Tracy Rocker, Benji Roland, Stallworth and Andre Bruce on the outside.  people like Fernanod Horn and David Rocker were the back-ups.

149637[/snapback]

searchanddestroy6vi.jpg

Search and Destroy

Cox: 8-of-22 for 97 yards  :(

Booker: 3 completed passes  :(

Blake: 3 completed passes  :(

149631[/snapback]

Chilled...Here is last year's first

Auburn Holds First Full-Length Spring Scrimmage

March 7, 2004

Auburn senior quarterback Jason Campbell completed 6-of-12 passes for 52 yards while playing mainly against the first-team defense. The scrimmage mostly pitted the offensive first and second teamers against their defensive counterparts.

In one of the key battles of the spring, two redshirt freshmen, Brandon Cox and Kelcy Luke are competing for the backup quarterback position. Cox threw for a team-high 175 yards on 9-of-15 passing including a 14-yard touchdown pass to tight end Cole Bennett. He also had a long pass play of 54 yards to Devin Aromashodu.

Cox: 8-of-22 for 97 yards  :(

Booker: 3 completed passes  :(

Blake: 3 completed passes  :(

149631[/snapback]

Chilled...Here is last year's first

Auburn Holds First Full-Length Spring Scrimmage

March 7, 2004

Auburn senior quarterback Jason Campbell completed 6-of-12 passes for 52 yards while playing mainly against the first-team defense. The scrimmage mostly pitted the offensive first and second teamers against their defensive counterparts.

In one of the key battles of the spring, two redshirt freshmen, Brandon Cox and Kelcy Luke are competing for the backup quarterback position. Cox threw for a team-high 175 yards on 9-of-15 passing including a 14-yard touchdown pass to tight end Cole Bennett. He also had a long pass play of 54 yards to Devin Aromashodu.

149646[/snapback]

Kelcy Luke?

Yes, he was playing the role of backup last year. When Brandon won the duties, Kelcy decided to transfer because he didn't want to be a backup his entire life. If he stayed around another year, he might have beaten out Cox. He had mobility and a strong arm.

He had mobility and a strong arm.

149651[/snapback]

But he was obviously missing a competitive drive...good luck to him wherever he went. :thumbsup:

Yes, he was playing the role of backup last year. When Brandon won the duties, Kelcy decided to transfer because he didn't want to be a backup his entire life. If he stayed around another year, he might have beaten out Cox. He had mobility and a strong arm.

149651[/snapback]

I would say not a snowball's chance in hell was luke going to beat out Cox. Cox is going to be a great QB for Auburn. CAB says he is the most accurate QB he has ever coached. QB 40 times are the most over rated stat in football. If QB 40 times were so important Pat Washington would have been the greatest QB in Auburn history and Joe Montana would never have played a down.

And seeing that our runningback dept. has not let up since the lost of Ronnie and Caddy

149631[/snapback]

Vatz, I sure do admire your optimism and love for Auburn. Seriously, I do.

BUT ...

How can you say such a thing? If these boys "don"t let up" from what Caddy and Ronnie did last year, I will publicly eat my hat on Bourbon Street at the Sugar Bowl next January, and you can take pics and post them here on this website. And believe me, it will be worth it to me.

Should we base the criteria on objective stats alone? Or maybe some sort of subjective "importance to the team" kind of thing?

Let me know. This could be a fun bet, and I hope that I lose. I do not like eating hats at all. They are nasty. But I love going to the Sugar Bowl.

Vatz,

No worries just yet. The coaching staff elected to bring a heavy dose of blitz packages during the first scrimmage, unlike the past. Borges wants to prepare our young QB's as soon as possible with a little, "tough" love.

I realize 8 of 22 for 97 yards isn't Heisman like numbers but he did toss 2 TD passes with no picks. Five of his incompletion's were intentional throw aways. Since 1961, Auburn is 26-3, when we pass for 2 TD passes with zero picks. Two of those losses were by 1 point. You also have to remember Cox was going up against the #1 defense with a walkon starting at center. Our DL has the potential to be one of the best in school history.

WDE

149636[/snapback]

Guys y'all totally missed my point....I was really saying the runningbacks will be our back bone next year...I DIDNT EVEN SAY I WAS WORRIED LOL...I even gave cox COMPLIMENTS...where are y'all coming from?

Did I not mention that cox will get better and improve? Yes. Did I say he was going to be bad? No. Did I say he had great accuracy? Yes. Did I say he had to calm down next scrimmage because he has the ability to be great? Yes

As for SCWarEagle.....wow. I didnt literally mean they are gonna be exact copies of ronnie and caddy...I just meant we wont see too much of a let up in the runningback department...thats ALL.

We wont see backs like ronnie and caddy for a while....but Carl and Kenny are not too far behind...thats what im trying to get across.

SHEESH

Wow guys

Deion Sanders and Rocket Ismail were the greatest QBs of all time-they ran 4.1 40s

Get a clue PChamp119 :D

Vatz,

WDE

149636[/snapback]

Guys y'all totally missed my point....I was really saying the runningbacks will be our back bone next year...I DIDNT EVEN SAY I WAS WORRIED LOL...I even gave cox COMPLIMENTS...where are y'all coming from?

As for SCWarEagle.....wow. I didnt literally mean they are gonna be exact copies of ronnie and caddy...I just meant we wont see too much of a let up in the runningback department...thats ALL.

We wont see backs like ronnie and caddy for a while....but Carl and Kenny are not too far behind...thats what im trying to get across.

SHEESH

Wow guys

149660[/snapback]

I think we will try to maintain balance on O next year-sometimes lean towards the pass and sometimes run but trying to keep the defense guessing

Vatz,

WDE

149636[/snapback]

SHEESH

Wow guys

149660[/snapback]

I think we will try to maintain balance on O next year

149663[/snapback]

DUH

Im only stating that our runningbacks will carry a heavy load next year...All new qbs in the SEC rely on the rb dept. The backbone....

what is the difference between the running game being the "backbone of our offense" and our offense leaning towards the running game?

I don't think we will lean towards either

Vatz,

My response was to your message header, "Oh boy..., 8-of-22 for 97 yards" and the :( you placed behind his numbers.

Vatz,

My response was to your message header, "Oh boy..., 8-of-22 for 97 yards" and the  :(   you placed behind his numbers.

149668[/snapback]

I had more after that....I usually read the whole post sometimes lol. :blink:

what is the difference between the running game being the "backbone of our offense" and our offense leaning towards the running game?

149666[/snapback]

Meaning the runningbacks are gonna have to produce when given the carries. Not neccasarily like Eli Manning at ole miss who didnt need the rb production.

Vatz,

My response was to your message header, "Oh boy..., 8-of-22 for 97 yards" and the  :(   you placed behind his numbers.

149668[/snapback]

149671[/snapback]

My bad... I thought this was a football message board, where posters might differ in opinion.

149651[/snapback]

Luke was less than impressive playing for Alabama A&M this past season.

149666[/snapback]

Meaning the runningbacks are gonna have to produce when given the carries. Not neccasarily like Eli Manning at ole miss who didnt need the rb production.

149673[/snapback]

because I said that we are not going to need RBs to produce when they get the carries

The backbone of offense usually means that it carries the bulk of the touches. The backbone of our offense in 2000 was the running game because we favored the run with Rudi. We will not run to set up the pass or pass to set up the run: we will run to set up the pass and pass to set up the run. Duh!

Vatz,

149668[/snapback]

149671[/snapback]

My bad... I thought this was a football message board, where posters might differ in opinion.

149674[/snapback]

Its cool....too bad you missed the point on that one as well. Did I say anything about difference in opinion? I just stated I sometimes read the whole post sometimes lol. :poke:

What was the point of putting :( behind Brandon's numbers and why start the thread with "Oh Boy..."?

I didn't miss any point, I elected to respond to one portion of your initial post. You obviously did not agree with my initial response or we would not be going back and forth. For the record, I always read the entire post but I don't always find the need to respond to every comment made.

Deion Sanders and Rocket Ismail were the greatest QBs of all time-they ran 4.1 40s

Get a clue PChamp119 :D

149662[/snapback]

What? The stupidesy on this board amazes me...

And Vatz... yea apperently we aren't allowed to express opinions on this board... apperently this should officially be the:

"Jason Campbell Sucks and Brandon Cox is awesome - Bash anyone who disagrees" Board. That is until the end of the season when the board finally realizes the truth. Until then and until then only... you MUST say Brandon Cox rules or "give him time" AKA making this THE MOST BORING MESSAGE BOARD EVER!!

Archived