Oh boy...

vatz22au

And Vatz... yea apperently we aren't allowed to express opinions on this board... apperently this should officially be the:

"Jason Campbell Sucks and Brandon Cox is awesome - Bash anyone who disagrees" Board. That is until the end of the season when the board finally realizes the truth. Until then and until then only... you MUST say Brandon Cox rules or "give him time" AKA making this THE MOST BORING MESSAGE BOARD EVER!!

149682[/snapback]

:nopity: :nopity: :nopity: :nopity:

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

I think Cox is a little nervous right now, but will settle down and play well for us this season. It's been a long time since he was "the man" and he's trying to fill some pretty big shoes. He definately has the ability. I think it's very important that we play well and get a W against Tech to build Brandon's confidence.

I think Cox is a little nervous right now, but will settle down and play well for us this season. It's been a long time since he was "the man" and he's trying to fill some pretty big shoes. He definately has the ability. I think it's very important that we play well and get a W against Tech to build Brandon's confidence.

149684[/snapback]

Big shoes indeed...

I read an article the other day, which reported Campbell checked out of the original play, 40% of the time during the 04 season. I think BC will do fine in the passing department and we will actually see more of a "West Coast" flavor with BC behind center. The key to our offensive success will be his ability to read and recognize the opposing defenses and keep Auburn in the right play. JC put up big numbers last year but his ability to put us in the right play was the reason why we were so consistent on offense. I imagine this is the main reason why we are blitzing our QB's so early in Spring practice.

149684[/snapback]

I'm not saying you directly (cuz I just don't know), but a big part of this board one year ago today was saying he was comfortable, could throw the ball, wasn't too nervous, had it all going for him mentally, was a great QB. Why would things get worse over the past year?

Oooo yea... it's against a first team defense this time

149684[/snapback]

I'm not saying you directly (cuz I just don't know), but a big part of this board one year ago today was saying he was comfortable, could throw the ball, wasn't too nervous, had it all going for him mentally, was a great QB. Why would things get worse over the past year?

149687[/snapback]

IMO, most of the BC hype has come from comments made by Al Borges to go along with his HS numbers. He did put up great numbers last Spring and during A-Day but we all know it's a different playing field when any QB starts in a REAL game. I remember the fumble he had against MSU, when he either failed to recognize the blitz or took too long in the huddle to change the play at the line. JC was able to check us into the right play the majority of time and this is the big question mark for Cox and our other young QB's. This is why Al Borges requested to see blitzes in the first scrimmage, when he didn't last year. It's clearly the reason why Cox's numbers took a drop compared to last Spring. Hopefully Cox will adjust to the speed and pressure of the game and it will make him a more complete QB for the upcoming season.

149684[/snapback]

149687[/snapback]

I dont think things have gotten worse I just think Brandon is under a whole lot more pressure now being the apparent starter. He knows that he must step up and be the leader of this team or we will struggle. The problem is he will face a very good Ga. Tech defense in his first start and they will certainly do everything to confuse him. I think Cox has the ability to be a very good college QB but does he have the heart of a champion? We shall see.

What? The stupidesy on this board amazes me...

149681[/snapback]

I agree. :big:

149694[/snapback]

I'm no longer amazed at stupidity - wherever it rears it's crimson & white head. In fact, I kind of expect it. :big:

Back to the title of this thread: Guys & gals, ... kindly check your calendar. It's March. The first scrimmage of spring football is not the time to be saying, "Oh boy" and pouring over individual stats with a microscope. This is a unique time -- the 2nd year of the CAB 'system.' Although from the outset it's going to be hard to top the 1st year, there's still room for improvement and I'm anxious to see what he can accomplish with the 3 QBs he has available. Whether AU will lean on the running game or not, they still need to be able to move the ball through the air.

Oh and btw, set your sights on going to the Rose Bowl next year, not the Sugar Bowl. :au: WDE

149684[/snapback]

THANK YOU!!! I was basically trying to state that as well....but I dont think I came across to neatly :(

HUmmm if i line up at qb and see mcglover 10 ft away on one side and groves 10 ft away on the other ima be a little nervous to

Can anyone think of ANYTHING less important than passing stats in a scrimmage?

(Not to mention the FIRST scrimmage of the Spring ! ! !)

If you can't digest but one thing, digest this. Al Borges will run a balanced attack. There will be no shoving of RBs or QBs down anyone's throat. Jethro Bodine could be at QB and ole Al will stick to a balanced attack. do not worry about who will shoulder the load. THE AUBURN TIGERS WILL SHOULDER THE LOAD.

HUmmm if i line up at qb and see mcglover 10 ft away on one side and groves 10 ft away on the other ima be a little nervous to

149753[/snapback]

Amen to that....I see them on the way to class and I get nervous :lol:

Archived