Gary Danielson

corchjay

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I re-watched the game last night, and Danielson didn't seem overly anti-Auburn.  Pro Alabama?  Yes, to a degree, especially when he began stumping for them to make the CFP after it was clear Alabama would lose.

His senseless and repeated comparisons between Jalen Hurts and Cam Newton got on my nerves, and his reference to "Gus Miles" was hilarious.

Agreed, he was not so-much Anti-Auburn but very Pro-turds.  He had a lean towards them almost the entire game, it was annoying...I realize they are the best team in the universe and all but enough is enough.  

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, NCeagle said:

Will NEVER forget

2007 Sec championship: Danielson made huge deal about the chop block in LSU game and how we tried to ruin their chance at a National Championship by killing their "star" DL.

2010 LSU game: Started the BS about Fairly "driving QB's in to the ground" laying the groundwork for labeling him a dirty player that would blow up in the GA game.

and now this obvious undermining of AU yesterday. He is a tool and cant stand it if Bama, LSU or GA/Fla isn't the one winning the SEC. No friend of Auburn and honestly an overrated analyst, obviously jealous of Romo.

IIRC that was Brent Musberger who made the big deal about the chop block on Glenn Dorsey. It went on for YEARS and he always talked about AU in a way that implied something unsavory.

On 11/27/2017 at 7:53 AM, BornAU76 said:

Agreed, he was not so-much Anti-Auburn but very Pro-turds.  He had a lean towards them almost the entire game, it was annoying...I realize they are the best team in the universe and all but enough is enough.  

I went back and watched the game to zone in on his comments. 

I agree with one poster on here that he was not negative towards auburn but repeated himself many times in being positive to what Alabama was doing. 

He seemed to know more about Alabama players and kept making points all night about their LBs. probably cause he's done more cbs broadcasts for them over the past few years. 

I think he was just in shock how we basically manhandled them most of the game cause if you watch Alabama games they are the ones imposing their dominance in second halfs. 

As an auburn fan I've seen a lot of auburn Alabama games and I would say this is the first time I've experienced an auburn domination over a very good Alabama team with the ranking they've been holding all year.

And there are no flukes, luck, or excuses Alabama can use to say otherwise like in the past. 

On 11/26/2017 at 9:15 AM, corchjay said:

The one that probably started the bias off for me was the drop by NCM.... he was going on and on about how incredible of a play it was by the DB and the review and it was just a regular fumble finger drop.  Fricking idiot

That's the one to me that stood out. The catch could have been made and the drop was made before the db wallace was close to touching the ball.

He could not even pronounce our HC name correctly: "Gus Miles".  

No he was not overly negative to AU but OMG get off of Little Nicky's d***.  All he talked about was how great they are.  And how many times did he and Bret repeated say "Alabama 'REGAINED' the lead".  Even the Bama fans I was watching the game with were asking me to mute their nonsense.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, AUloggerhead said:

In fairness, he's doing a lot of uat games because he's on the top CBS broadcasting crew and they get the CBS SEC Game of the Week.  And well, uat has been winning a lot so uat shows up in the prime spot.  I like Gary and think he's a pretty good color analyst.  He doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Also, remember what he said on air after the Kick 6 play:  "Auburn played for the return on a miss, and alabama only had fat guys out there who couldn't cover." 

3 is the max number of times a school can be CBS' premier game, IIRC...but bammer always gets their 3...

I wish they would just have 2 teams do TV commentary, one for team A and one for team B.  Then we at home can listen to the slant we want.  The commentators today are obviously biased toward one team, except for Gruden he's about the only one that calls things as he sees it.  Doesn't matter if it's Tom Brady, if someone makes a bone headed play he calls them on it.

I'm probably going to be looking at sync'ing up radio with the TV as I'm about done with hearing commentators and their slant toward one team over another.  Luckily I was at the Iron Bowl.?

Comparison to Cam. I can see it in running, but Cam was other worldly compared to Hurts throwing the football.

One last comparison, Hurts has lost two games as the starting QB. Up until Saturday that was last year's championship game against Clemson. In his one year as a starter Cam went 14-0, which included beating Oregon in the BCS Championship. Compare all you want, Gary.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/danielson-i-don-t-think-i-crossed-any-lines-

An excerpt of Danielson’s defense of bringing up the Kirby Smart sending in the tapes....

I thought the fans deserved, because of the next game, and it was a rematch. It wouldn't have come up if it wasn't a rematch," Danielson said. "That fans deserved to know that this was an issue. I didn't think that it should be kept in-house where only the officials and two coaches were aware of it. I think the fans have a right to know. And it wasn't anything that was hidden, in my humble opinion.

18 hours ago, tigerfangs said:

I can't stand him if only for excusing Evans trying to twist Stidhams head off. 

Yes, this made me mad too.

Well you guys better get ready. Because if this game is close or Georgia is in control he is going to be in full blown UGA humpfest with a side of 'this puts Alabama right back in the thick of things'.   There is something about the day of that championship game that gives me such a weird vibe. I guess its because i'm coming off 13 straight Saturdays of wall to wall football and on this day it is usually just cold and it is a trickle of football games most of which I don't care about. Then the SEC game itself is overblown and drawn out for 4something hours. 

2 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

Well you guys better get ready. Because if this game is close or Georgia is in control he is going to be in full blown UGA humpfest with a side of 'this puts Alabama right back in the thick of things'.   There is something about the day of that championship game that gives me such a weird vibe. I guess its because i'm coming off 13 straight Saturdays of wall to wall football and on this day it is usually just cold and it is a trickle of football games most of which I don't care about. Then the SEC game itself is overblown and drawn out for 4something hours. 

You hit the nail on the head. He's going to spewing garbage. 

We have to win! Let's get up big and send him on vacation early

Danielson can keep doubting AU . AU can keep busting peoples ass . Danielson has done nothing but down AU since the iron bowl . He has a beating coming too 

He is an embarrassment to the media group he represents. If he bothered to just look back at common opponents between us and uat or uga he would see for the most part we played better than they did. Knowing that why would one be surprised we kicked their butts.

what really made me mad was when he said that Arkansas could be coming after Gus. Geeze, this foolishness needs to stop.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

https://uga.rivals.com/news/danielson-i-don-t-think-i-crossed-any-lines-

An excerpt of Danielson’s defense of bringing up the Kirby Smart sending in the tapes....

What a complete load of a steaming pile of poop. Coaches send in videos all the time and we never ever hear about it from the guys who sent it, much less Danielson. CBS must have a contractual obligation to kiss Saban's ass. It's sickening. Is Saban a great college coach, absolutely. Is there anything virtuous in how he runs his program? No, absolutely not.  Stop worshipping this man Gary. 

Archived