Cox and Blake receive praise

vatz22au

Here

Hopefully the defense will step it up....I hate to see any let off up front or in the linebacker area, since thats where we return the most starters.

OH NO ! ! ! This must signal the end of AU Football as we know it! :D

(I mean, if after the FIRST scrimage we were doomed becuase of poor qb play, doesn't the same hold true for the defense?)

:lol::lol::lol::poke:

OH NO ! ! !  This must signal the end of AU Football as we know it! :D

(I mean, if after the FIRST scrimage we were doomed becuase of poor qb play, doesn't the same hold true for the defense?)

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :poke:

150466[/snapback]

I can just hear it now, formulating in the brains of some of our resident pessimists:

"Maybe now you sunshine pumpers can see that Tony Bell and David Irons are NOT the answer!"

:roll:

I just love some of you "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!" attitude.

It is a spring practice.

Were it in a SEC game...., perhaps.

get a life, or perhaps a hobby

:no:

We know for a fact the our defense will be good. We'll be hard pressed to come close to last year's performance but these guys are talented and they'll keep us in every game we play at the very least. I'm pumped to see our offense have success with the new faces at key positions. If they have the capability to dominate our defense on occasion, then we need to crank up the season right now.

Where's my fly swatter, I saw a yellow jacket in here. :au::au::au:

Jesus christ guys I just posted an article.....

Just like people are quick to judge qbs on scrimmaging....y'all are quick to throw the hammer at anyone once your favorite player receives praise. One week a group is hammering, another week the opposing group see's its chance to bash the other people. I'd rather talk about football than "He said that and your wrong! So hah!"....cmon guys...Neither group is in the right when we spend all day just bashing each other on who is right in their assumptions.

Wartim, again, as I state over and over...I am neutral in this qb battle...The best qb will win, which looks like Cox. Blake is also looking good, I cant wait to see him and Cox in practice when I go see them.

Again, just posting an article :rolleyes:

SO ANYWAYS....relating back to FOOOOOTBALLLL....

Who thinks are defense will respond? I do, McClover is becoming a type of "Rosegreen" leader on defense, which will only inspire the younger players to perform.

I agree Vatz. I read the article this morning and I'm glad you posted it so we could comment on it. Folks, this wasn't a "Sky is falling" thread. That was the report in the media from yesterday's practice and he posted it on the FOOTBALL BOARD so we could discuss it.

Personally, I love every little tidbit of info I can get on :au::football:

War Eagle

Just like people are quick to judge qbs on scrimmaging...................

That would be YOU. :P

p.s. Just send me another e-mail. That will make it much easier to disreguard. :D

Just like people are quick to judge qbs on scrimmaging...................

That would be YOU. :P

p.s. Just send me another e-mail. That will make it much easier to disreguard. :D

150488[/snapback]

Again, you show your maturity.

Just like people are quick to judge qbs on scrimmaging....y'all are quick to throw the hammer at anyone once your favorite player receives praise.  One week a group is hammering, another week the opposing group see's its chance to bash the other people.  I'd rather talk about football than "He said that and your wrong! So hah!"....cmon guys...Neither group is in the right when we spend all day just bashing each other on who is right in their assumptions.

Wartim, again, as I state over and over...I am neutral in this qb battle...The best qb will win, which looks like Cox.  Blake is also looking good, I cant wait to see him and Cox in practice when I go see them.

Again, just posting an article  :rolleyes:

SO ANYWAYS....relating back to FOOOOOTBALLLL....

Who thinks are defense will respond?  I do, McClover is becoming a type of "Rosegreen" leader on defense, which will only inspire the younger players to perform.

150480[/snapback]

I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't ripping you. I found it funny that this article came out because a handful of Nervous Nellies around here were fretting their petticoats off the other day because the OFFENSE (particularly the passing game) stunk it up in last Saturday's scrimmage. One went so far as to mouth off about how he tried to tell us that "Cox is not the answer" at QB, blah, blah, blah.

So I was being sarcastic over people (not you per se) who freak out everytime some report like this comes out. That's all.

Everyone was concerned about the defense last year as well, after the offense had the upper hand in spring practices. We all know how that turned out. I just don't believe that Tuberville and Gibbs will let us have a bad defense, it's just not going to happen. I will say though that I'm glad we've got the Borg on our side and that he's not coaching elsewhere, so we don't ever actually have to worry about stopping his offense. Now that we have both a competent offense and defense, they help each other out. Every day in practice, our offense takes the field against the fastest and best defense in the Southeastern Conference. And likewise, our defense has to try and stop Al's offense, which is no easy task either. This is why you never really learn how good you are by practicing against your own team. In the end, I think we'll be very pleased with the results once fall rolls around.

I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't ripping you. I found it funny that this article came out because a handful of Nervous Nellies around here were fretting their petticoats off the other day because the OFFENSE (particularly the passing game) stunk it up in last Saturday's scrimmage. One went so far as to mouth off about how he tried to tell us that "Cox is not the answer" at QB, blah, blah, blah.

Hmmmmm..... I wonder WHO that "person" might have been? :lol::lol:

Titan, If you will go back and look at that thread, you will see that I am just pointing out a bit of hipocracy on the part of vatz. (all in fun too I might add) :D

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! :au:

I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't ripping you.  I found it funny that this article came out because a handful of Nervous Nellies around here were fretting their petticoats off the other day because the OFFENSE (particularly the passing game) stunk it up in last Saturday's scrimmage.  One went so far as to mouth off about how he tried to tell us that "Cox is not the answer" at QB, blah, blah, blah.

Hmmmmm..... I wonder WHO that "person" might have been?  :lol:   :lol:

Ttian, If you will go back and look at that thread, you will see that I am just pointing out a bit of hipocracy on the part of vatz. (all in fun too I might add) :D

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! ! :au:

150516[/snapback]

You need to read that past thread again, because I clearly stated that there was no reason to cause any alarm because im sure Cox's production will increase, you really do need to read it again....for some reason you think I was one of those "its the end of the world" type people when it came to that scrimmage, so no hippocracy there. The post title was "oh boy" and his stats...meaning he stunk it up, but I clearly stated that it was no reason for alarm, and that he would clearly perform better.

But you clearly need to get past that, and actually talk about football. Antagonizing people from thread to thread that dont agree to your opinion of football is just not the way to discuss things. People cant even bring up an article without hearing comments about old past discussions, when in fact, this is a brand new one.

Everyone was concerned about the defense last year as well, after the offense had the upper hand in spring practices. We all know how that turned out. I just don't believe that Tuberville and Gibbs will let us have a bad defense, it's just not going to happen. I will say though that I'm glad we've got the Borg on our side and that he's not coaching elsewhere, so we don't ever actually have to worry about stopping his offense. Now that we have both a competent offense and defense, they help each other out. Every day in practice, our offense takes the field against the fastest and best defense in the Southeastern Conference. And likewise, our defense has to try and stop Al's offense, which is no easy task either. This is why you never really learn how good you are by practicing against your own team. In the end, I think we'll be very pleased with the results once fall rolls around.

150513[/snapback]

When you practice against an offensive mind like Borges, your bound to only get better. I have high hopes for both sides of the ball....I even think the offense might turn some heads next year. The only area I am worried about is our secondary.

vatz, you just have to understand how Timmy's tiny little... brain... works. He thinks he is the wittiest person on the planet and LOVES to push buttons. Today, your button was lit up and like a rat trained to perform a task for a food pellet, he just could not resist... :poke:

I promise that he was not calling you out, and I also promise that you are the only one taking his comments to heart. It is actually a sign of favor when he busts on you - just ask BG!! :lol:

Hey Timmy - Love you, man!!! ;)

vatz, you just have to understand how Timmy's tiny little... brain... works.  He thinks he is the wittiest person on the planet and LOVES to push buttons.  Today, your button was lit up and like a rat trained to perform a task for a food pellet, he just could not resist...  :poke:

I promise that he was not calling you out, and I also promise that you are the only one taking his comments to heart.  It is actually a sign of favor when he busts on you - just ask BG!!  :lol:

Hey Timmy - Love you, man!!!  ;)

150538[/snapback]

To the contrary, Dear Jenny, I was mearly pointing out the hypocracy of someone who made it sound as if AU was in big trouble with BC at the helm only a week ago and now it is the defense that is spinning out of control. The AU "sky" is not falling and we will have a very good Football team in '05. It is, after all, PRACTICE ! ! ! ! ! !

When I read hypocracy, I call it! (Much like the Nip.!)

I am cetain the e-mail campaign will begin soon enough. :big:

p.s. Tell the corndog I said "Hi" and WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

vatz, you just have to understand how Timmy's tiny little... brain... works.  He thinks he is the wittiest person on the planet and LOVES to push buttons.  Today, your button was lit up and like a rat trained to perform a task for a food pellet, he just could not resist...  :poke:

I promise that he was not calling you out, and I also promise that you are the only one taking his comments to heart.  It is actually a sign of favor when he busts on you - just ask BG!!  :lol:

Hey Timmy - Love you, man!!!  ;)

150538[/snapback]

Thx jenn.

I understand tim's mind completely....and it can be humerous. :lol:

And timmy, why dont you end all confusion and specify the person your talking about in your post? Why not specify me? You know if one were to re-read my post that you "have to keep bringing up" would see that I am not the hippocrite you speak of. Never once did I mention the end of the season or that we are in trouble.....only noted the bad scrimmage and how Cox WILL improve and perform better. Again, I have to state my point multiple times....but it probably wont matter anyways.

I can see it 2 weeks from now: "YA WELL I KNOW A CERTAIN SOMEONE WHO SAID COX SUCKS ETC ETC ETC"

Sheesh man give it a break

i went to scrimmage today, and although i didn't see the practice where the defense played bad, i can say they addressed the effort issue. they really threw some blows out there today.

the offense looked great early. the line was dominate in the running game. they were shaking it up with a reverse to ct and a screen to tre. they score two touchdowns on drives by cox (first one) and booker (second one). ben and ct looked really good when they got it in rhythm. i mean they looked really good getting open. nice start for the offense.

on the third drive they pushed it down to the five or so, and that's when the defense took control. will came in on a blitz, which cox picked up, but will recognized the audible dropped into "centerfield" at the last second and made a leaping int in the endzone. great play. nice to see after so many people had been taking shots at him.

after that man the defense just woke up and dominated. groves had another two or three sacks. mcclover added another. one major change was our dline in the nickel set. we lined up with mcclover and groves on the ends with chris browder (DE) and pat sims at the tackle spots, and they just bum rushed the oline. the only worry i saw with that group was a draw. travis will have to hold up in the middle to make that set work, but wow can they get after the qb.

all the running backs had their moments. kenny looked like the best of the bunch with the ball in his hands (again), but he's just plain bad at pass blocking. too fast to keep off the field though. carl took one of the hardest licks of the day (almost positive it was dede on the screen pickup). he limped off the field (came back later) after he got blasted.

two backups really caught my eye. steve gandy had the best series of any single player. he had the other "hardest lick of the day" on a backup tightend that got the whole team riled up (knocked him off his feet and a solid 2/3 yards out of bounds). then two plays later he had a pick of either fields or cox i can't recall that he took to the house. the other was jp. palmer looked really, really solid at center (and leon looked tons better at guard). i think we might've lucked into a good backup center if nothing else. he played great.

anyway, the defense looked a little better than the offense (cox had like 2 or 3 ints but he actually played pretty good. lots better than last week). the offense looked a lot smoother than last saturday. they put in a lot more plays than last week (screens, misdirection runs, etc.), and i think that helped to give the qbs more time to throw. nice scrimmage.

i went to scrimmage today, and although i didn't see the practice where the defense played bad, i can say they addressed the effort issue. they really threw some blows out there today.

the offense looked great early. the line was dominate in the running game. they were shaking it up with a reverse to ct and a screen to tre. they score two touchdowns on drives by cox (first one) and booker (second one). ben and ct looked really good when they got it in rhythm. i mean they looked really good getting open. nice start for the offense.

on the third drive they pushed it down to the five or so, and that's when the defense took control. will came in on a blitz, which cox picked up, but will recognized the audible dropped into "centerfield" at the last second and made a leaping int in the endzone. great play. nice to see after so many people had been taking shots at him.

after that man the defense just woke up and dominated. groves had another two or three sacks. mcclover added another. one major change was our dline in the nickel set. we lined up with mcclover and groves on the ends with chris browder (DE) and pat sims at the tackle spots, and they just bum rushed the oline. the only worry i saw with that group was a draw. travis will have to hold up in the middle to make that set work, but wow can they get after the qb.

all the running backs had their moments. kenny looked like the best of the bunch with the ball in his hands (again), but he's just plain bad at pass blocking. too fast to keep off the field though. carl took one of the hardest licks of the day (almost positive it was dede on the screen pickup). he limped off the field (came back later) after he got blasted.

two backups really caught my eye. steve gandy had the best series of any single player. he had the other "hardest lick of the day" on a backup tightend that got the whole team riled up (knocked him off his feet and a solid 2/3 yards out of bounds). then two plays later he had a pick of either fields or cox i can't recall that he took to the house. the other was jp. palmer looked really, really solid at center (and leon looked tons better at guard). i think we might've lucked into a good backup center if nothing else. he played great.

anyway, the defense looked a little better than the offense (cox had like 2 or 3 ints but he actually played pretty good. lots better than last week). the offense looked a lot smoother than last saturday. they put in a lot more plays than last week (screens, misdirection runs, etc.), and i think that helped to give the qbs more time to throw. nice scrimmage.

150616[/snapback]

Thx for the update! :au:

You must have missed my first "whatever". Here is a second....Whatever. :D:P

You must have missed my first "whatever". Here is a second....Whatever.  :D  :P

150714[/snapback]

lol...oh i get it....so you can say whatever...and then talk more crap....and thats it? :blink:

So where were you over the weekend on this topic? It had died off and if it hadnt been for you we wouldve never saw this topic again!

Some people are just hopeless! :lol:

For the love of all that is sacred it's H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y and H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E

Thank you.

We now resume our regularly scheduled bashing of vatz and WT!

Archived