Auburn places two

Shug2003

According to ITAT, we placed two players in Junior College with the intention of signing them next year. They are LeGarrette Blount, a big RB (6-1 228) out of Taylor County, Florida and Robert Dunn, a 5-11 185 WR out of Augusta, Georgia. The RB is supposed to be a "hoss." WDE! :cheer::au::D

Thanks Shug..hadn't heard about the RB but sounds impressive. I think we have finally arrived talent wise. I like the way we are signing kids that are low to moderate risk. May not be the all-world type but will be contributers. This may be the recruiting model of the future given the way the NCAA is going. Still need to play that national game once a year though and improve our image.

According to Scout, Dunn was offered has signed a LOI. I believe he is the young man who was the subject of several threads a couple of weeks ago. He is a bonafide play maker, with 42 career TD's. If he is going the JC route, that is a disappointment.

This is the first I've heard of Blount, but Scout has a listing on him also, but shows no commitment, with AU and FL being the two choices being considered.

I thought Dunn was going to go to Hargrave (something like that) for a year, and if he qualified and kept himself out of trouble he would show up next fall. Or is Hargrave considered a JC? I thought it was a prep school.

Archived