FBI Officials Review Surveillance Memo

Proud Tiger

FBI officials apparently have reviewed the controversial surveillance memo and say they find no factual inaccuracies. That's going to require some tough rebuttal from the likes of Congressman Schiff (D, CA) and others. Set point grows closer.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/30/fbi-officials-review-surveillance-memo-could-not-cite-any-factual-inaccuracies-source.html

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Speaking strictly from a political perspective,  publish it

Please.

Politics aside, publish it.

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

But what if it actually would compromise U.S. security?

Reportedly it won't. If it did, obviously, my opinion would change.

39 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Reportedly it won't. If it did, obviously, my opinion would change.

It's so funny that the Dems are suddenly concerned about security. They sure didn't seem concerned about the whole deal with Hillary and her e-mails and that some of her classified e-mails turning up on her assistant's computer (Weiner's wife). Pure hypocrisy.

15 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's so funny that the Dems are suddenly concerned about security. They sure didn't seem concerned about the whole deal with Hillary and her e-mails and that some of her classified e-mails turning up on her assistant's computer (Weiner's wife). Pure hypocrisy.

This is a "whataboutism" using a straw man argument.

And again, as I understand it, the concern about security comes from the intelligence community as well as a handful of Democrats who are in a position to know.

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Reportedly" by whom?

What was the Justice Departments opinion?

Quite certain I've seen it reported in at least a couple publications. I'll try to link when I have a moment.

Also, quite certain I saw Chris Wray reviewed the documents over the weekend. If the Director of the FBI reviewed the memo and did not ask it not be released, what does that suggest? 

With regards to DOJ. JMO, but if your department was subject to be embarrassed, would you want them released? 

I don't expect a bombshell with this report. We don't even know if it will be released. If it is, will it be the beginning of something bigger or simply a nothingburger? IDK. What I do know is a president, presidential candidate, our intelligence community or any member of our government should absolutely know we as Americans will not accept meddling of any kind in our democracy. We as Americans deserve better. We should all demand better. 

18 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Quite certain I've seen it reported in at least a couple publications. I'll try to link when I have a moment.

Also, quite certain I saw Chris Wray reviewed the documents over the weekend. If the Director of the FBI reviewed the memo and did not ask it not be released, what does that suggest? 

With regards to DOJ. JMO, but if your department was subject to be embarrassed, would you want them released? 

I don't expect a bombshell with this report. We don't even know if it will be released. If it is, will it be the beginning of something bigger or simply a nothingburger? IDK. What I do know is a president, presidential candidate, our intelligence community or any member of our government should absolutely know we as Americans will not accept meddling of any kind in our democracy. We as Americans deserve better. We should all demand better. 

The administration claims it is currently being vetted by the DOJ, FBI. NSA and DNI.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nunes-memo-is-being-vetted-by-doj-fbi-nsa-and-dni/

No decision about the release will be made until Thursday.

And apparently, lot's of Americans don't seem to have a problem with Russia meddling with our democracy - starting with the president.    You're right, we should all demand better.

Archived