For those of you without significant others

Jenny AU-92

I came across this site today and I thought some of you might find this handy. It's written by an engineer from Wisconsin - and not only does it explain the basics of football in plain English, it even gives props to Auburn at the expense of the corndogs!!! :lol::lol: It might prevent you from having to turn your attention away from the game to answer a stupid question from the uninitiated.

American College Football Rules

The only mistake I saw was the one about the 2 yard rule for the receiver on a kickoff. But it is probably a year or two old.

Question: After the disappointing kickoff return that scored a TD for Auburn on 9/16/00, I wanted to know what is special teams trained to do? It seems they certainly can't play defensively. Also, are they considered defense?

Answer: They are trained in kicking plays. They are not considered to be either offense or defense. Traditionally special teams have players who are not yet good enough to be on the first team for either offense or defense. During a kick, both sides have their special teams on the field. Thus, although LSU's special team did not do well during the kickoff, Auburn's special team did fine.

Archived