Ipod

aufan175

Has anyone bought a ipod if so what kind, how much, where u bought it, was it worth the money. and do u have to put a credit card number in to buy songs.

I recieved the 40GB Ipod for Christmas and LOVE IT! It's the 4G series I believe, not the photo or mini. I believe it was worth every penny, though I'm not sure how much it cost. It was purchased through Best Buy.

Well, first, you don't have to buy songs to listen to them. You can load it with all of your mp3s and rip all of your current CDs to it. You can use your credit card to purchase music through the Apple's online music store. However, you can also buy gift cards at Best Buy and a couple other places I believe.

Anything else I can answer for you? There are plenty of addons you can get and such. I also suggest looking into getting into some podcasts that might strike your interest. (Podcast = radio show produced and recorded by anyone on various subjects). I Highly suggest Leo Laport's (www.leoville.tv), he releases his radio show on podcast a week after it's broadcast. It's a great tech-help show.

Has anyone bought a ipod if so what kind, how much, where u bought it, was it worth the money. and do u have to put a credit card number in to buy songs.

151194[/snapback]

I have the 20G ipod and absolutely love it. Worth every penny. Like Streyder said, you can load all your own music on it. To buy from iTunes Music Store, I think you do have to have a CC on file but you can buy gift cards at Circuit City, Best Buy, and a few other places if you don't want to do that. I got mine at Circuit City.

My wife has a RCA mp3 player. Comparing the two is like comparing a Plymoth Acclaim to an Aston Martin.

If anyone is looking at buying a MP3 player, save up and get the iPod. I researched it for a while and there is nothing close to it right now.

This is a hoot. Microsoft offers a helpful guide to purchasing the right MP3 player:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...ices/flash.aspx

They could have saved all the verbiage and just said, "Don't Buy An iPod. Please God, NOOOOOOO!!!"

So anyway, take a look at that list and check out a few that some guys over at Crazy Apple Rumors came up with that Microsoft left out:

http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/archives/000419.html#000419

:roflol::lol:

i have a 20G iPod. it's my right hand. i use it a little differently than most though b/c i'm a graphic design student. an iPod is just a portable harddrive and i use it to backup all my design work and for music. i have every project i've done for the past two years, and i still have over 24 hours of music on it. it's great.

i don't use the iTunes store all that much personally, but you do need a credit card to use it. i've had mine for over a year and it still doesn't have any glitches as long as i keep up with the updates. hooray for iPod!

I guess I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have an IPod for an mp3 player. I've had my Archos jukebox for about 3 years (I wanted a 20GB, and at the time Apple didn't make one that big). The only problem I've had with it is my batteries wouldn't hold a charge for longer than an hour anymore. No problem, though, as I replaced them with some rechargeable ones I bought at best buy. Not sure if you can do that with an Ipod, I'm sure someone where can answer that.

Anyway, two of my wife's sisters have Ipods, and they love them.

I guess I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have an IPod for an mp3 player.  I've had my Archos jukebox for about 3 years (I wanted a 20GB, and at the time Apple didn't make one that big).  The only problem I've had with it is my batteries wouldn't hold a charge for longer than an hour anymore.  No problem, though, as I replaced them with some rechargeable ones I bought at best buy.  Not sure if you can do that with an Ipod, I'm sure someone where can answer that.

Anyway, two of my wife's sisters have Ipods, and they love them.

151318[/snapback]

You can't just go to the store and buy rechargeable batteries for an iPod. Then again, you won't get the same kind of charge time off those rechargeables that you will off of the built in battery Apple has.

When the battery dies (which usually takes a few years...think cell phone), Apple will replace it for $99 including installation. Or, there are places that will sell you the battery along with tools to open the iPod and instructions for significantly less...$35-40.

Well, actually the average life is usually 12-18 months, mostly because people usually use their iPods much more than their cell phone. :)

(Of course, the battery doesn't just stop working, that's the approx. time that people start to notice the battery life is getting shorter.)

This is a hoot.  Microsoft offers a helpful guide to purchasing the right MP3 player:

They could have saved all the verbiage and just said, "Don't Buy An iPod.  Please God, NOOOOOOO!!!"

So anyway, take a look at that list and check out a few that some guys over at Crazy Apple Rumors came up with that Microsoft left out:

:roflol:   :lol:

151236[/snapback]

"Although you'd think flash-based players should be small, don't rule out the ones that are the size of industrial air-conditioning units. " :roflol:

"Under no circumstances should your MP3 player be stylish. You don't want to be taken for a dandy. After all, you never know when you may find yourself incarcerated through an unfortunate series of events that are no fault of your own. And you know what they do to dandies in prison. Yikes. " :roflol:

"Choosing a player with as complicated an interface as possible provides a valuable learning experience into complicated interfaces for flash-based MP3 players. " :roflol:

That is freakin' hilarious!

Well I don't have an ipod. I bought a memory-based mp3 player to use at the gym...no moving parts so no skipping and it only uses a single AAA battery. I listen to it while I run...can't really lift with it because the cords get in my way.

Ipods are expensive and I wouldn't really want to sweat all over it at the gym. And for me, ipods are a bit of an overkill...don't need 40gb of mp3's at the gym.

I got the 1GB Sandisk. Zero complaints. :thumbsup:

Well I don't have an ipod.  I bought a memory-based mp3 player to use at the gym...no moving parts so no skipping.  I listen to it while I run...can't really lift with it because the cords get in my way.

Ipods are expensive and I wouldn't really want to sweat all over it at the gym.  And for me, ipods are a bit of an overkill...don't need 40gb of mp3's at the gym.

I got the 1GB Sandisk.  Zero complaints.  :thumbsup:

151476[/snapback]

Well it does depend on what you want to do with it. I don't want an MP3 player to go jogging with. I want one that can allow me to take my whole CD collection anywhere I go.

But, if you do want the #1 selling flash memory based mp3 player, there's the iPod shuffle. Smaller and lighter than a pack of chewing gum:

http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

This is a hoot.  Microsoft offers a helpful guide to purchasing the right MP3 player:

They could have saved all the verbiage and just said, "Don't Buy An iPod.  Please God, NOOOOOOO!!!"

:roflol:   :lol:

151236[/snapback]

"Although you'd think flash-based players should be small, don't rule out the ones that are the size of industrial air-conditioning units. " :roflol:

"Under no circumstances should your MP3 player be stylish. You don't want to be taken for a dandy. After all, you never know when you may find yourself incarcerated through an unfortunate series of events that are no fault of your own. And you know what they do to dandies in prison. Yikes. " :roflol:

"Choosing a player with as complicated an interface as possible provides a valuable learning experience into complicated interfaces for flash-based MP3 players. " :roflol:

That is freakin' hilarious!

151469[/snapback]

Two of my favorites:

The company that manufactures your MP3 player should never be named after a fruit. That's just hippie bulls**t.

When picking an operating system or office suite, it's a great idea to go with the one with the highest market share, because you're guaranteed a quality product that will be around for years to come. But not with flash-based MP3 players. It's a completely different situation. Completely.

Archived