Nice Move, Dick's Sporting Goods

RunInRed

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, a lot of Georgians are rednecks, chief among them the half-wits in the capitol. Lived in Atlanta for 11 years. Still work in Georgia. Lots of rednecks.

Live in South Carolina now. Lots of rednecks.

Moved to Georgia from Alabama. Lots of rednecks.

Took a vacation to Maine. Lots of rednecks.

Spent a summer in Montana. Lots of rednecks.

Don't be so sensitive. Speaking of, Hillary didn't call people who disagree with her deplorables. She called Trump voters deplorables. You can tell yourself that somebody called you a name just because you disagree with them to make yourself feel better, but I assure you it's not true. 

Lot's of smart asses in all those too.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, stoic-one said:

Cant disagree about the picture part, at all.

Generally, and you probably know this, magazine fed weapons can have several different issues, but by far the most common AR malfunction (assuming someone hasn't tinkered with the buffer or failed to properly clean/lube it) is a magazine induced failure to feed (FTF). And it's usually attributable to crappy cheap magazines. Next down the line is cheap ammo. FTR, though, here is an image of what is basically M193 ball ammo, that he posted on Instagram. Not high end, but not total crap. At least not if that MV spec is correct.

I am more of an AK, and 7.62 in general, enthusiast, where the opposite is true with magazines.  AK's love the cheap Eastern Bloc surplus magazines, while the more expensive US-made polymer magazines are hit and miss.  I hear good things about Magpul's newer polymer magazine, but have not tested it myself.

5 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I am more of an AK, and 7.62 in general, enthusiast, where the opposite is true with magazines.  AK's love the cheap Eastern Bloc surplus magazines, while the more expensive US-made polymer magazines are hit and miss.  I hear good things about Magpul's newer polymer magazine, but have not tested it myself.

Oh yeah, AK's love those cheap Bulgarian mags.  ;)

Can't say I've heard anything negative about the Magpul AK mags, never tried them myself either...

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yeah, how dare we listen to educated people at one of the most conservative public universities in the country!  In fact, let's stop listening to every expert in their field while we're at it.

Rocket scientists?  Screw you!  You don't know a damn thing about space travel!

Doctors?  That book learnin' ain't teach you anything you can't find from a good ole fashion smack upside the head!

Computer Code Writers?  Like you've ever done anything of significance!

You want some real learnin'?  ALEX JONES BABY!

(If you haven't figured it out, I'm basically calling you an idiot for advocating for the dumbing down of America, which is exactly what you're doing here.)

Good thing I'm no snowflake or I would melt over that reply. I said you win what else you want?

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Outside of what law? What law sets gun purchasing younger than beer purchasing? What Constitutional provision sets age for gun sales? What legislation? 

State and federal laws.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/who-can-have-a-gun/minimum-age/

1 hour ago, kd4au said:

Good thing I'm no snowflake or I would melt over that reply. I said you win what else you want?

Well for starters, I guess since I learned from those crazy liberal Auburn professors, I'd probably want your first born named after Obama all while taking Glamour Shots holding Kenyan flags.

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, a lot of Georgians are rednecks, chief among them the half-wits in the capitol. Lived in Atlanta for 11 years. Still work in Georgia. Lots of rednecks.

Live in South Carolina now. Lots of rednecks.

Moved to Georgia from Alabama. Lots of rednecks.

Took a vacation to Maine. Lots of rednecks.

Spent a summer in Montana. Lots of rednecks.

Don't be so sensitive. Speaking of, Hillary didn't call people who disagree with her deplorables. She called Trump voters deplorables. You can tell yourself that somebody called you a name just because you disagree with them to make yourself feel better, but I assure you it's not true. 

Redneck are great compared to hillbillies just saying.................

220px-HatfieldClan.jpg

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Who can have and whom you must sell to aren't necessarily the same.

Adam Winkler, a professor of constitutional law at the School of Law of the University of California, Los Angeles, said Dick’s could be challenged in lawsuits claiming a violation of laws that bar age discrimination. Although federal civil rights laws do not apply, some states, including New York, prohibit businesses from denying goods and services on the basis of age.

“Don’t be surprised if an aggressive attorney general of a gun-friendly state brings an age-discrimination claim against Dick’s,” Professor Winkler wrote in an email response to questions.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

Adam Winkler, a professor of constitutional law at the School of Law of the University of California, Los Angeles, said Dick’s could be challenged in lawsuits claiming a violation of laws that bar age discrimination. Although federal civil rights laws do not apply, some states, including New York, prohibit businesses from denying goods and services on the basis of age.

“Don’t be surprised if an aggressive attorney general of a gun-friendly state brings an age-discrimination claim against Dick’s,” Professor Winkler wrote in an email response to questions.

There may be some jurisdictions where that happens. There’s no broadly applied law, however.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:44 PM, TitanTiger said:

Technically, it's a right to bear arms which could mean a lot of things.  But the point still stands - "guns don't kill people, people kill people" is not a valid response.  Of course inanimate objects don't kill on their own. 

But regardless, it's not an unlimited right.  Just because you can own guns doesn't mean you're allowed to own any gun with no added restrictions.  High powered weapons like this can and should be much harder for the average person to obtain.

Just out of curiosity why do you consider an AR-15 high powered?  It's not a high powered rifle at all, and shoots a smaller round than most hunting rifles.

7 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Just out of curiosity why do you consider an AR-15 high powered?  It's not a high powered rifle at all, and shoots a smaller round than most hunting rifles.

Ek = 1/2 Mass*Velocity squared

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Ek = 1/2 Mass*Velocity squared

I think his point was that within the realm of rifle calibers .223/5.56 NATO is not considered powerful, and certainly not high-powered.  It is frequently classified as a caliber for varmint rifles.  To put it another way, there is a reason that snipers do not use it.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I think his point was that within the realm of rifle calibers .223/5.56 NATO is not considered powerful, and certainly not high-powered.  It is frequently classified as a caliber for varmint rifles.  To put it another way, there is a reason that snipers do not use it.

I disagree.  The 5.56 is pretty devastating at typical combat ranges.  

High power is a relative term.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

It is a relative term, it is relative to other rifle calibers.  Comparing it to anything else is apples and oranges.  As rifle calibers go, it is not considered powerful.  It has a good and rather flat trajectory and light recoil, but it is still a light bullet.  It is not a caliber commonly used by deer hunters, snipers, or even designated marksmen for that very reason.  It is much more pleasant to shoot than .308/7.62 NATO, .30-06, or 7mm rifles, but it is outperformed by all three.  When one bullet is expected and required to do the job of neutralizing something, no one brings 5.56.  The notion that it is a high-powered rifle cartridge is utter nonsense, unless one thinks that basically all centerfire rifle cartridges are high-powered.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the only thing you know about combat is what you gathered from playing video games.

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the only thing you know about combat is what you gathered from playing video games.

LMAO. It may be just be from shooting BB guns.

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

OK, have it your way.  The 5.56 is virtually useless in most combat situations due to it's woefully inadequate lethality.   It was actually created for shooting school kids.

Far be it from me to argue with an expert.

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

OK, have it your way.  The 5.56 is virtually useless in most combat situations due to it's woefully inadequate lethality.   It was actually created for shooting school kids.

Far be it from me to argue with an expert.

That's your comeback?  You jumped in this, when all I was implying was that an AR-15 isn't considered high powered.  Seems you've gotten your little feelings hurt now though. 

4 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

That's your comeback?  You jumped in this, when all I was implying was that an AR-15 isn't considered high powered.  Seems you've gotten your little feelings hurt now though. 

No, actually, you were focusing on me, not trying to reinforce your position.   

But let's face it, if necessary, I can not only out reason you, but out "jerk" you.  ;D

7 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Homer can’t carry a  civil discussion. When he runs out of HuffPo wisdom (his arbiter of truth), he resorts to childish attacks.

Sometimes I think he has to get someone to adhere to his two cents of nonsense before his nap time.

13 hours ago, Strychnine said:

...unless one thinks that basically all centerfire rifle cartridges are high-powered.

Pretty much. That's as good of a standard as any.

11 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Homer can’t carry a  civil discussion. When he runs out of HuffPo wisdom (his arbiter of truth), he resorts to childish attacks.

Sometimes I think he has to get someone to adhere to his two cents of nonsense before his nap time.

Nap time comes when he either runs out of BBs or jerks AUatHeart

• 2 months later...

Dick's sales soar without assault rifles

Back in February, Dick's Sporting Goods made a bold decision to stop selling assault style rifles and high capacity magazines, and to raise the minimum age to purchase a gun to 21.

Executives there braced for pain. Instead they got good news.

Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) stock price surged by as much as 27% after it reported stronger than expected quarterly sales and profit Wednesday.

It's the first measure of their decision to pull away from some guns.

"There's been a number of people who have started shopping us, or said they're going to shop us more, because of the policy," said Chief Executive Officer Ed Stack on an earnings call with analysts Wednesday. "There's definitely been some benefit of people who joined us, so to speak, because of the policy."

Stack said on the call that the company has raised its full year 2018 guidance to a range of $2.92 to $3.12 earnings per share, from a previously announced range of $2.80 to $3.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/30/news/companies/dicks-sporting-goods-earnings/index.html

Archived